JTR is completely out of balance with every other team in the new Sith raid

TlMMEH
60 posts Member
edited March 2018
This raid was supposed to be different and reward the proper use of the raid mechanics in a strategic way, but instead it is just dumping all over every team out there even if they are using the raid mechanics.

The sith raid also severely punishes any kind of squad synergy, counter attacks, or assists except JTR teams. It makes no sense that high GP squads using the raid mechanics can barely do 1 million damage, while JTR teams breeze through doing 12 million damage.

Is it a deliberate handout to people who paid to get JTR the first time around, or another oversight like Akbar squad, or ST Han?

Either way, there should be multiple paths to victory, and so far every one that pops up other than JTR gets called a bug and shut down. If the intention is to only have one path to victory in the sith raid (Jedi Training Rey) than I guess it is working as intended. It is clear that as it stands right now - this raid is not beatable without JTR, and that is a problem.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    There is another path that is not JTRey - so CG is going to beat that other method (also known as the "log in character of the month") with the nerf bat.

Yes, it can be frustrating when you think you're playing a Star Wars game and then you realize that the only thing being played is you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    There is another path that is not JTRey - so CG is going to beat that other method (also known as the "log in character of the month") with the nerf bat.

Yes, it can be frustrating when you think you're playing a Star Wars game and then you realize that the only thing being played is you.

Well, when the login character literally breaks the third phase, yes.

Especially when even RJT cant do as much as a non zeta toon can, its kinda dumb, dontcha think.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    If STHan's TM gain mechanic was granted by his zeta, would that make you feel better?
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    If STHan's TM gain mechanic was granted by his zeta, would that make you feel better?

a little. but even then 100m is a little too much. i would accept 20m damage for such a easy to farm toon.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    So if STHan was behind a paywall, and his zeta granted TM gains... then you would be ok with 100m damage?
  • Options
    So if STHan was behind a paywall, and his zeta granted TM gains... then you would be ok with 100m damage?

Prob. not. 40m, max. and it has 2 characters under super hard farms.

The idea that any toon can do so much damage is quite ****, honestly........
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

if JTR was un-affected by enrage i would definately be okay with that being patched.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Ok... 40m is your personal limit. So, your argument is based on incremental steps, not general principle. ... it's ok if it works like this, as long as the damage doesn't cross some arbitrary line. That's the problem I have with it. Would 10m be ok as is? 5m?

Do you think that there isn't a huge number of guilds that could field a bunch of STHan squads that do 5-10m damage and clear the phase? How many members would it take? What if it only took half that number because the STHan squad did twice the damage? Or a third of that number? A quarter? 10 members? 5? 1?

What difference does it make at all how much damage can be done by one squad if we're only talking about incremental steps from needing 'some' to needing 'a few' doing it?
  • Options

Ok... 40m is your personal limit. So, your argument is based on incremental steps, not general principle. ... it's ok if it works like this, as long as the damage doesn't cross some arbitrary line. That's the problem I have with it. Would 10m be ok as is? 5m?

Do you think that there isn't a huge number of guilds that could field a bunch of STHan squads that do 5-10m damage and clear the phase? How many members would it take? What if it only took half that number because the STHan squad did twice the damage? Or a third of that number? A quarter? 10 members? 5? 1?

What difference does it make at all how much damage can be done by one squad if we're only talking about incremental steps from needing 'some' to needing 'a few' doing it?

bcos that would require a higher investment into sthan. if JTR could do 10m, and all top tier guild have JTR, why not just let her solo the whole raid?

See? Bad Argument.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options

bcos that would require a higher investment into sthan. if JTR could do 10m, and all top tier guild have JTR, why not just let her solo the whole raid?

See? Bad Argument.

I don't understand this at all. Seriously. You've already confirmed that you have an incremental issue, not an issue based on principle.
  • Options

See? Bad Argument.

I don't understand this at all. Seriously. You've already confirmed that you have an incremental issue, not an issue based on principle.

My principle is: no toon should be able to score such high damage for end game content that specifically is attempting to build team strategy
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Well, when the login character literally breaks the third phase, yes.

Especially when even RJT cant do as much as a non zeta toon can, its kinda dumb, dontcha think.

I think the fact that CG somehow missed the fact that the "log-in character of the month" on the same month the raid was released is the same one who breaks the content is...well, to be kind, odd (at best).

I realize they can't play test every character and presume every possible eventuality - but STHan is the log-in character (which is usually a hint about the new content or related to it in some way), then they have to nerf him? That's a little dumb, dontcha think?

C'mon man. I was born during the day, but not yesterday.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    I kind of agree. St Han was an oversight and I was working how his ability described so what? They're going to "fix" something that's not broke.
    But JTR on the other hand..
    All the guilds that have beaten the raid on heroic.. "you need about 21 JTR teams for p1, 23 JTR teams for p2, leftover JTR and troopers for p3 and leftovers for p4
  • Options
    I'm just worried that this oversight is going to lead to her being immune to all TMR. I honestly think they designed this phase for NS with a zeta lead Asajj and forgot that there's a player that can add TM when damaged.

It's a bummer because I've found all the mechanics fun to strategize around and I don't see how they fix this phase without nerfing a character or making the entire phase the worst grind in the game. IF they do make Traya immune to all TMR, I hope they cut her health to 1/4 of its current level.

Regarding RJT, keep in mind that a lot of players maxed her and BB8 because they became an arena meta. So they're an "easy" button squad to find and people are already familiar with how their abilities can be effective. There are a wealth of characters that have not yet been explored because of resource constraints that I am fairly confident will be as effective in certain phases (e.g., Wampa, Hermit Yoda, Visas Marr, etc). This is no different than Teebo and Vader in H Pit. Certain characters gave an outsized advantage relative to the rest of your collection. The frustration I'm assuming you feel stems from RJT being a Hero's journey character... but for end-game type content this should be expected.
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with stHan is not his own ability, it is Darth Traya. Even in phase 4, if you try this trick with any other bosses alive, the bosses each gain like 5%TM every time they get hit. Traya is not doing that and she should.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    TlMMEH wrote: »
    The problem with stHan is not his own ability, it is Darth Traya. Even in phase 4, if you try this trick with any other bosses alive, the bosses each gain like 5%TM every time they get hit. Traya is not doing that and she should.
    that wouldn't fix the st han issue, but make it alot harder for non st han teams. so....
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options

See? Bad Argument.

My principle is: no toon should be able to score such high damage for end game content that specifically is attempting to build team strategy

See? That's exactly my point. You've set an arbitrary damage number that seems appropriate TO YOU. In this case, you don't provide an exact number, but instead chose to use the words "such high damage" in an attempt to disguise the exact number that you think would be appropriate damage. Your argument isn't based on any principle at all. It's random. And it's clearly not valid.
  • Options

See? Bad Argument.

See? That's exactly my point. You've set an arbitrary damage number that seems appropriate TO YOU. In this case, you don't provide an exact number, but instead chose to use the words "such high damage" in an attempt to disguise the exact number that you think would be appropriate damage. Your argument isn't based on any principle at all. It's random. And it's clearly not valid.

That's a fair point. While I haven't been in this discussion; I'd just add that the Raid was specifically designed to prevent solos. Specifically those where a player could hit "auto" and solo. Based on this, it's justifiable they would want to alter mechanics to prevent this. I was always assuming that this content was designed to have a long shelf life than HAAT which can now be auto'd in P1, P3, and P4.

It is frustrating not to know exactly how they intend to combat this oversight. I have 2.8mm GP and still use ST Han in many areas of the game. Changing his unique would be enraging.

• TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There are literally only like a dozen people out of hundreds of thousands who can "push auto" and complete all of P3+P4 Haat. There was one whale who managed to solo P3 of the Sith raid with the godliest mods and G12 heroes. If you go around making everything Uber-whale-proof you are really only hurting everybody else when the only team compositions that helped them be relevant at all in a raid get nurfed one by one. In the hands of 99.99% of the player base the stHan trick was only able to do as much damage as the JTR team, but only in one phase instead of all 4.
  • Options
    It’s just stupid that one team can do that much damage. It leads to guilds and alliances picking folks up from among the different guilds who have JTR and leaving everyone else hanging. So all the pay Rey’ers get to team up and everyone else is left dry. I suspect they are making the fix take so long so a specific set of guilds have enough time to unlock Treya before the “fix”
  • Options
    So it's your fault that they're "fixing" the raid now, huh?
  • Options
    Way to go, TIMMEH. Bring this up and now the devs are going to kitten everyone on every raid. Well done. Applause applause applause.

This is not your fault of course, but loose lips sink ships.
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    Options
    Their solution was not the way I would have done it. They could have just made it so the unresistible TM reduction didn't work on Traya. Then they could have left all the on-hit effects alone.
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    The marginal TM reduction once every third turn was not what made the JTR team dominate. The expose damage is what does it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Their solution was not the way I would have done it. They could have just made it so the unresistible TM reduction didn't work on Traya. Then they could have left all the on-hit effects alone.

People are just giving you a hard time - we all know it's not your fault. And, in fact, they are doing it in a way that no one would have done it (at least no one that plays the game).

What they should have used a scalpel to fix, they decided a sledge hammer would work better....which makes no sense. Why fix the STHan "exploit" and the slightly overtuned functionality of JTRey when you can nerf dozens of characters across all 3 raids? :dizzy:

Their actions speak so loudly that CG's "we listen to our players" lip-service is completely inaudible.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I think the fact that CG somehow missed the fact that the "log-in character of the month" on the same month the raid was released is the same one who breaks the content is...well, to be kind, odd (at best).

I realize they can't play test every character and presume every possible eventuality - but STHan is the log-in character (which is usually a hint about the new content or related to it in some way), then they have to nerf him? That's a little dumb, dontcha think?

C'mon man. I was born during the day, but not yesterday.
    That log-in character of the month was a reasonable choice against Traya in any team that it makes sense to test him in.

He actually breaks the encounter when you take a mid-range Rebel tank and put him in an Empire/Sith or Nightsister team. It's a rather obscure combination.
    Still not a he.
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I have tested it a bunch, and Stormtrooper Han only breaks the raid when paired with irresistible TM removal. His ability in any other team is pretty much on par with the kind of damage you see from JTR teams.

And just for the record, I don't want to see JTR nerfed. I want to see other teams synergies and abilities not preemptively negated completely by ridiculous raid mechanics.

It is a really typical move from this game to see "problems" nerfed from both ends when only one end is needed, resulting in the negation of entire kits, rather than just un-breaking them. This raid is a pure example of that kind of thinking.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I have tested it a bunch, and Stormtrooper Han only breaks the raid when paired with irresistible TM removal. His ability in any other team is pretty much on par with the kind of damage you see from JTR teams.

And just for the record, I don't want to see JTR nerfed. I want to see other teams synergies and abilities not preemptively negated completely by ridiculous raid mechanics.

It is a really typical move from this game to see "problems" nerfed from both ends when only one end is needed, resulting in the negation of entire kits, rather than just un-breaking them. This raid is a pure example of that kind of thinking.
    Here's a though:
    Maybe don't make post calling JTR unballanced if you don't want her nerfed.
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Here's a though:

Would you like it better if I had said "Every other team (but JTR) is out of balance in the Sith raid"? Its the same thing. out of balance is a comparative statement, but I do get your meaning.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Here's a though:

Would you like it better if I had said "Every other team (but JTR) is out of balance in the Sith raid"? Its the same thing. out of balance is a comparative statement, but I do get your meaning.

Yea, now it looked like you thought JTR was the problem instead of the other teams. Doesnt matter though, it's not like ea/cg are basing their decsions on threads like this one.