Matchmaking and Nerfs

AndySCovell
770 posts Member
edited March 2018
I am happy to see the matchmaking is going to be more competitive as the last batch of them had us facing 30 million GP guilds less than us. That’s unfair. I am glad they are looking at it.

As far as the ST Han nerf, it def needed to happen regardless. Every guild can then beat the raid in the first couple weeks Heroic. The intention of having a team solo a phase or two def wasn’t intended for this.

That being said the Expose nerf doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Those that have spent on RJT and invested in them should not be penalized. Who cares if they can do 4-7%. The other phases, including the Nerfed ST Han not being nearly as useful will still be extremely difficult to beat the Raid.

With the TM reduction aspect out the window, it severely limits our strategies. Now it just comes down to secondary speed mods and G11-G12 toons to try to put a dent in the raid. Now it’s mainly about GP in the Raid as opposed to strategy.

I’m cool with everything except nerfing the Expose mechanic. I will reserve any further opinions until the hot fix is done and we see how it interacts with the Sith Raid.

Replies

• Options
    The expose nerf frickin sucks. The zeta I spent on Finn is pretty much useless now in raids. Also, since the AI doesn't use resistance properly, I can't use the team in arena either. I'm left with territory battles and wars only. What a waste.
  • Options
    Kidon013 wrote: »
    The expose nerf frickin sucks. The zeta I spent on Finn is pretty much useless now in raids. Also, since the AI doesn't use resistance properly, I can't use the team in arena either. I'm left with territory battles and wars only. What a waste.

There is zero reason to nerf Expose. The fact that Expose doesn’t even affect the raid bosses and only the minions means this was a bad idea. The only reliable damage in the Raid. It’s not that Resistance is too good in the Raid, it’s that everyone else isn’t good thanks to the Tenacity Stack on the bosses where nothing sticks. All debuff teams can’t even participate in the Raid.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

zeta Finn is only usefull in the AAT raid and he still is. It's definately not a waste, atleast not more of a waste than prior to the expose nerf. So you shouldn't be down about that.
    That said, i don't like the nerf because of the consequenses this has on the sith raid.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »

zeta Finn is only usefull in the AAT raid and he still is. It's definately not a waste, atleast not more of a waste than prior to the expose nerf. So you shouldn't be down about that.
    That said, i don't like the nerf because of the consequenses this has on the sith raid.

Yep. Also I don’t think people would be so worried about RJT if there were other vibable toons to use besides her...at least in the first two phases. It’s not that she is too good. It’s that everyone else is super bad lol
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    With all the tenacity the bosses have in the sith raid, zFinn really wasn't that great anyway. I don't like that it will affect haat, though.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Yep. Also I don’t think people would be so worried about RJT if there were other vibable toons to use besides her...at least in the first two phases. It’s not that she is too good. It’s that everyone else is super bad lol

it now all depends on how much the reduce the health. I'm guessing it won't be enough to make up for the lost dmg from JTRs. (that obviously also depends on how many JTRs a guild has)
    Save water, drink champagne!