Normal vs hard

I've only been doing hard fights so at least I have a chance at a shard if I don't get the item I want. Of course, this means half as many battles. Is this a sound approach?

Replies

• Options
    It depends on whether or not you want the shard. I tend to stick to normal nodes unless the hard node also has a second item I need or a shard I want.
  • Options
    Hard = shard

Normal is for gear (more battles at 6, 8 or 10 - as opposed to 12, 16 or 20)

You can get gear in hard too - it just depends on what you "need".

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    But until a char is 7 star, I "need" both. Long term, I assume hard is the only way to go. I don't have any 7 star chars (4 is my highest)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Teasdam wrote: »
    But until a char is 7 star, I "need" both. Long term, I assume hard is the only way to go. I don't have any 7 star chars (4 is my highest)
    In regard to the last point - not always. Right now there are shards I don't want (characters I'm not focusing on at the moment, or don't like or don't think are that good or are already maxed at 7*) - but gear I need (some in large quantities). Since energy is limited, I want to "farm" that gear at as low an energy cost I can.

Hard is good because it unlocks the next level. Which might have shards you DO want.

But there are uses for both Normal & Hard - even later in the game (but you'll "sim" them ;)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Seems to me that items and ilvl have a comparably negligibe effect. Char lvl both in stars and simple lvl have much more effect, i.e. Get items when you can, but otherwise don't focus on them. Is that a fair assessment?
  • Options
    @Nikoms maybe what I'm not hearing is a focus on a building a "core" team to power them up. I've just been using a broad stroke approach to get chars but none of them developed specifically.
  • Options
    Teasdam wrote: »
    @Nikoms maybe what I'm not hearing is a focus on a building a "core" team to power them up. I've just been using a broad stroke approach to get chars but none of them developed specifically.
    I agree to focus on building some characters first rather than just trying to get as many characters as possible. If you spread yourself too thin you'll just have half the gear you need and a pile of useless shards. What you want to be able to do is succeed in all of the different game modes to maximize your rewards. After you've built teams to beat all the game modes consistently you'll be able to star and gear up your characters a lot faster.

• Options
    That makes sense. I've been building all chars and noticed pvp surpass me. So have you built "light" and "dark" chars for teams to support building other chars?
  • Options
    Thing is, I've accumulated a lot of chars with a considerable amount of shards, but none of them are activated and/or over 4 star. Better put, I have a lot of chars, but none are very strong.