New worst zeta in the game

Prev1
Move over Chewie, K2SO, Pao, Scavenger and others , we have a new leader in the clubhouse

Anyone else think that the zeta on Visas should be an omega and not a zeta.

An ability that only happens 60% of the time, and only works against 12 units in the entire game is not worth spending 20 hard earned zeta mats for.

In the raid, yes it is very useful, but even that zeta alone will not help you do significantly more damage or allow your guild to move up a tier.

Outside of the raid, it is useful in the arena against the current EP meta (unless they are using GK as the tank and you have to attack the one person on the other team that the zeta doesn't help against). But as soon as the meta shifts again, or if you are facing a more empire version of the EP meta, it is basically useless.

They really should rework this to either 100%, or give her some chance to assist against any toon.

Or just make it an omega ability upgrade which is what it should be anyways.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    I agree.

40% assist chance against any toon, 100% against Sith OR don't make me waste a Zeta on this.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    I actually think K2-SO under a Jyz/R1 team is pretty strong. I couldn’t beat it with my Zaul team back when they were META.

As far as Visas goes.... yea, it’s underwhelming and not worth the investment.
  • Options
    Krennic's is worse.

Krennic's leader zeta?

It's actually pretty good, especially if you mix it with zVeers, DT, Shore and Storm.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    ^^ I don’t have zKrennic, but I imagine it just wipes the floor with rebels in TB
  • Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I actually think K2-SO under a Jyz/R1 team is pretty strong. I couldn’t beat it with my Zaul team back when they were META.

You typed Jyz :smiley:

K2 isn't a horrible zeta, but it requires Jyz to be useful and even then it is not great.

• Options
    ^^ I don’t have zKrennic, but I imagine it just wipes the floor with rebels in TB

It 100% does. It is my zFinn equivalent in DSTB.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Are we just looking at this as an individual toon? Because DT zeta is ONLY useful if you also have Krennic. And since Krennic is a single hard-node farm, that's quite an investment.
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    Are we just looking at this as an individual toon? Because DT zeta is ONLY useful if you also have Krennic. And since Krennic is a single hard-node farm, that's quite an investment.

It's so worth is though when you're putting up all criticals of 14K+ with a team of DT, zVeers, ST, and Snow Trooper. Snow Trooper goes ham with is AoE attack.
  • Minetaridge
    221 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Chief chirpa, 60% chance to call an assist from an ewok Ally. Yikes.

When I first read that zeta I thought it said call ALL ewok allies, but just last week I noticed just one Ally.
    Hit the gym.
  • Options
    Yes she is candidate for worst zeta in the game EVER!! But seriously, she is brand new char :flushed:
  • Options

When I first read that zeta I thought it said call ALL ewok allies, but just last week I noticed just one Ally.

If when an ewok would use special ability, it would call all ally to assist, ewok squad would do massive damage and would destroy all the metas...
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous. Visas' zeta is excellent against sith teams, who happen to be a growing part of the current meta. There are many Zetas in the game that arent useful anywhere (hello CW Chewie! Hello Farmboy's leader zeta!), so I don't know why it is a problem that Visas' is "only" good against a big chunk of the current meta, some extremely common TW teams, and the hardest content in the game...

Have you even bothered to look at her basic attack? Cleanses her and an ally, reduces cool down on her fantastic special, and heals her and lowest health ally 25 pct when attacking sith (which will be 100% of the time when the zeta assist is being called). That's a powerful package to be calling over and over and over again.

This zeta is going to make having even a single sith on your opposing team a liability, since it makes an attack on that character a cleanse + heal 60 pct of the time. It will be especially devastating to Nihilus given how likely his AoE is to trigger a counter, plus his need for debuffs to accelerate annihilate.

• Options
    Nailed it
    Swordd wrote: »
    This thread is ridiculous. Visas' zeta is excellent against sith teams, who happen to be a growing part of the current meta. There are many Zetas in the game that arent useful anywhere (hello CW Chewie! Hello Farmboy's leader zeta!), so I don't know why it is a problem that Visas' is "only" good against a big chunk of the current meta, some extremely common TW teams, and the hardest content in the game...

Have you even bothered to look at her basic attack? Cleanses her and an ally, reduces cool down on her fantastic special, and heals her and lowest health ally 25 pct when attacking sith (which will be 100% of the time when the zeta assist is being called). That's a powerful package to be calling over and over and over again.

This zeta is going to make having even a single sith on your opposing team a liability, since it makes an attack on that character a cleanse + heal 60 pct of the time. It will be especially devastating to Nihilus given how likely his AoE is to trigger a counter, plus his need for debuffs to accelerate annihilate.

• Options

If when an ewok would use special ability, it would call all ally to assist, ewok squad would do massive damage and would destroy all the metas...

Good. Dew it.
    Hit the gym.
  • Options
    Swordd wrote: »

@Swordd @Whindanser

The point isn't about her as a viable toon, her overall kit, or that the ability isn't good, the point is the added bonus for the zeta is only a 60% chance to assist when one of the 12 Sith in the game is attacked is not worth a zeta. It is not worth a zeta. Or at least is on the low side of a zeta ability.

Does it pair well with the omega's on the rest of her kit? Yes.
    Does it benefit you in the new Raid? Yes
    Does it work against the current Sith meta? Maybe, but if they are using GK as the tank and his taunt is up no help at all. Or if they have Shore as a tank. Or both.
    Does it help in LS or Cantina battles? Not really, only if a Sith is on the other team (and frankly, most players finished all of those at 3* a long time ago and not many if any Sith opponents in these).
    Does it help in LS Territory Battles? No, the enemy is empire not Sith. Except the few times Vader shows up and not even sure she is usable in those battles (I think they are rebel only battles).
    Does it help against any other Arena team that doesn't have a Sith member? No

So, In three months when the Sith have left the meta (which you know they will, even when Darth Traya shows up we will have something new to farm) you will only be able to use her in the raid. She is good in the raid, but the testing I've done on her doesn't provide much benefit than using any other Healer, or even any other toon (the best part of her kit is the defense penetration buff, which isn't even an omega). I can get everyone to the enrage phase without her, and she doesn't add much more damage, if any, as her assist counts as another attack which feeds the boss turn meter and doesn't do as much damage as any other attack would do.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    i'd take 60% to assist any day over "+5% Tenacity and whenever an ally Resists a detrimental effect they gain Advantage for 2 turns". Especially when the toon in question assists with a basic as usefull as visas'. Not to forget that it's a zeta on an unique ability, not a lead.
    So worst zeta? not even close. It's not the best zeta ingame either.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    i'd take 60% to assist against 12 of the 145 toons in the game any day over "+5% Tenacity and whenever an ally Resists a detrimental effect they gain Advantage for 2 turns". Especially when the toon in question assists with a basic as usefull as visas'. Not to forget that it's a zeta on an unique ability, not a lead.

Fixed it for you

Edit: Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just happen to disagree with some of you on this one.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'd take 60% to assist against 12 of the 145 toons in the game any day over "+5% Tenacity and whenever an ally Resists a detrimental effect they gain Advantage for 2 turns". Especially when the toon in question assists with a basic as usefull as visas'. Not to forget that it's a zeta on an unique ability, not a lead.

Fixed it for you

Edit: Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just happen to disagree with some of you on this one.

atleast one of them is always going to be usefull in the sith raid, where as the other isn't usefull anywhere. Situational > garbage in any given situation.
    You forgot to include that visas must be clear of debuffs in order to assist vs those 12 characters btw ;)
  • Options

Fixed it for you

atleast one of them is always going to be usefull in the sith raid, where as the other isn't usefull anywhere. Situational > garbage in any given situation.
    You forgot to include that visas must be clear of debuffs in order to assist vs those 12 characters btw ;)

I was waiting to drop the - 'Oh by the way, she has to be clear of debuffs for it even to work' card - until I needed it. It was my ace up the sleeve - :wink:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you

I was waiting to drop the - 'Oh by the way, she has to be clear of debuffs for it even to work' card - until I needed it. It was my ace up the sleeve - :wink:

her basic is going to cleanse her an awefull lot though, so it's not that much of a dealbreaker. I wouldn't be suprised of quite a few people end up zeta-ing visas. There are probably gonna be sith in arena for a while.
  • Options
    5. K2SO
    4. Chewie
    3. Bohdi Rook
    2. Pao
    1. Stormtrooper
  • Options

I agree. K2SO's zeta is actually pretty good. If you don't crit through his protection within a few turns, you're never getting through it. Ran into it once in GW and my zaul team spent 3 hours not doing squat to him
  • Options
    I have a feeling she's going to factor into the teams the devs plan to release that will be able to do good damage on the Sith raid, so this zeta could very suddenly become very good.
  • Options
    100% agree. Someone like her I feel should have the assist no matter what faction. even at 40% chance I'd take that zeta. but right now, no. I have better investments than that. Such as KRU unique, EP on both, Vader on both. MT. The list goes on a good bit. Will get GQJ zeta long before I get her current one
  • Options
    I have a feeling she's going to factor into the teams the devs plan to release that will be able to do good damage on the Sith raid, so this zeta could very suddenly become very good.

Yea, i think about that for sion.. "he will be the sith raid beast!!", so i buy pack here n there. But sith raid boss have insane tenacity. Now i'm wondering what for i have him.. platoon?
  • Options

Actually, Krennic is available in the guild events shop. I've gotten him to 5 stars just by buying his shards from there xD. I'm not gonna waste my time doing the hard node. Deathtrooper is the hard one, I only get like 3 shards from 11 tries.
  • Options
    100% agree. Someone like her I feel should have the assist no matter what faction. even at 40% chance I'd take that zeta. but right now, no. I have better investments than that. Such as KRU unique, EP on both, Vader on both. MT. The list goes on a good bit. Will get GQJ zeta long before I get her current one

Actually, that's a pretty easy fix (though they won't do it) - "She has half that chance against all other enemies"
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm not sure cuz its not just a basic damaging attack, it heals 25% health if it hits a Sith, and always removes all debuffs from visas and random ally. Very powerful healing. It does seem weak for a zeta, but eh it's close.
  • Options

Actually, Krennic is available in the guild events shop. I've gotten him to 5 stars just by buying his shards from there xD. I'm not gonna waste my time doing the hard node. Deathtrooper is the hard one, I only get like 3 shards from 11 tries.

Krennics hard node actually does give good gear though