LOST TW because of outage

DarthMyself
106 posts Member
edited March 2018
We were winning our last run of TW, with a difference of more than 600 points, and we still had many offensive squads, and one opposition sector still had one squad before being conquered, and with 30 minutes left before TW ends. Then this outage happened, and none in our guild was able to log in. some of us actually were able to slip through, but every time were booted out after winning against last remaining squad, and the win never was registered.... up till the last minute of TW, we were not able to score a single point.
The opposition ended up winning by 20 points... yes 20 POINTS !

We have lost hours of coordination between us, in order to guarantee our win... only for us to lose because of the outage. These hours have been wasted from our lives for nothing. Not to mention that we lost a guaranteed handsome reward.

Is something going to be done about that to compensate all this mess ? and please not the generic useless mods we get when "technical difficulties" happen...

EDIT AND UPDATE: WE HAVE BEEN COMPENSATED WITH A WHOPPING 150 CRYSTALS AND A HANDFUL GOLDEN TOKENS...
WOW.... WHAT AN INSULT FOR A MAJOR MESS.
Sorry, but this is unacceptable. The least you could do is give equal high end TW rewards for all affected. Since this mess caused by EA happened during last hour of TW, locking all our guild players out of the game.
OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKES. DON'T SLAP PLAYERS IN THEIR FACE LIKE THAT.
Post edited by DarthMyself on

Replies

• Options
    Opposite happened to us. Our strong hitters were just able to log in after work and RL stuff, only to be bogged out of the game. We had only 25/49 able to do offense and lost by only 1000 points in the end :disappointed:
  • Pssst
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Post edited by Pssst on
  • Pssst
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Post edited by Pssst on
  • Options
    Just got off the online chat with one of the EA support representatives, after I got a condescending e-mail reply, about how they cannot and probably will not compensate for the loss of Territory reWARds, because of no participation, caused by the login malfunctions.
    In other words I had to give more proof as if I was lying through my teeth about the servers failing and that I couldn't login to help in the last attack phase of Territory rewards.
    Why no participation you might ask?
    Because guilds like my own have certain strategies including players with the strongest defence teams will only deploy in set-up phase while the players with the strongest attack teams will wait until the next phase and then all attack together, hence why certain people didn't deploy, resulting in "no participation" & "no rewards" messages in their inbox, missing first place rewards.
    (yes we still won, but getting no rewards for it is defeating the purpose)

Any way... the representative was very kind and helpful, but only the EA game Team that she was talking to, because I wanted it escalated, are lacking the empathy and compassion towards the players who spend, money and time into this game and then only to be reality-checked by the fact that they don't give a **** about keeping the gamers happy with sensible and logical problem solving.
    No instead, one would get the impression that with their arrogant minds, a few crystals and tokens will make up for the issues/problems which were on their side.
    In short EA isn't owning up and acts disrespectful towards all the gamers who had similar issues like the ones described here.

So what is EA going to do about it?
    I am seriously thinking about ditching this game and not only because the latest server issues, but also because of their incompetence in offering a well tested update (for example) which could have foreseen possible problems with the mechanics of the new raid in combination with the creativity of the gamers who will try to come up with clever ways to beat it.
    Alas, we only see "clean-up" solutions, like a "nerf" here and there, which will only result in more loss of respect with gamers such as me.

Yes it is only a game, but you cannot ask back for your spend time, let alone spend money.
    I actually feel sorry for those who spend money in this game and got affected by EA and their lack of proper solutions.
    With all the money they are making, they cannot leave their pride behind and come up with a better apology?
    Show the gamers some love and own up, instead of insulting us with knick nacks.