Floating from Dolphin to FTP.... (Not about Whales)

EA makes the most money from me when I'm owning GW and get the taste of upgrade fever from all the bounty and don't want to wait for that new promotion or leveling of a new toon.

EA makes zero dollars from me when I'm grinding away day-to-day with no GW completion. I spend nothing since progression will be slow anyways.

Talking from no experience, I'd assume Whales are steady percentage. Dolphins, those that are usually FTP, but can be coerced to coughing up cash NEED upgrade fever.

Basically I wonder if they make more money from folks paying a few bucks here and there while they struggle versus those that actually pay more during success....

Replies

• Options
    CyciumX wrote: »
    EA makes the most money from me when I'm owning GW and get the taste of upgrade fever from all the bounty and don't want to wait for that new promotion or leveling of a new toon.

EA makes zero dollars from me when I'm grinding away day-to-day with no GW completion. I spend nothing since progression will be slow anyways.

Talking from no experience, I'd assume Whales are steady percentage. Dolphins, those that are usually FTP, but can be coerced to coughing up cash NEED upgrade fever.

Basically I wonder if they make more money from folks paying a few bucks here and there while they struggle versus those that actually pay more during success....

*this*

But, since they won't explain the opponent matching, fix it without explaining it, or give larger payouts to people facing harder enemies from the start I'm done spending. Granted, my sub $200 total spend isn't much, but when they've alienated enough players they'll see it in their bottom line.
  • Options

Feel you.

How much did you spend in total?
  • Options
    I started playing early December and am yet to sink money into the game.

I'm finishing between 11 and 50 on the arena and finish GW every day. With a full L70, 7*, maxed ability and gear squad the shards I aquire are for future teams. What I'm getting at is once you have a solid A team I don't see a point in sinking $$$ into the game. Chromium is a waste of money as I wouldn't use a character unless they were 6*.

It's the people who started later that will be very tempted to spend big $$$ to catch up. A 7* Lumi is mandatory to finishing GW but how are they going to get the required shards if they are playing people 10 levels higher?
  • Options

I suspect the make more off the lower income over time. It's the old 100 today vs 10 for 10 days etc type thing. I would guess the number of people who have thrown thousands at the game cease to do so after they have what they want whereas someone buying refreshes etc continue to do so for a much longer period.