New guild members / raids in progress?

Wasn’t part of the recent QOL update that new guild members could now join raids already in progress? We have a new member who can’t get in - message says he is ineligible bc the raid was launched prior to when he joined. But I swear I read the new QOL update had changed that ...

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Vaapad wrote: »
    Wasn’t part of the recent QOL update that new guild members could now join raids already in progress? We have a new member who can’t get in - message says he is ineligible bc the raid was launched prior to when he joined. But I swear I read the new QOL update had changed that ...

What the qol says is

Raids: Fixed issue where players joining a guild can no longer attempt to join an in-progress raid.
  • Options
    I don't think it was there. Having them blocked is needed. There was a time where people would hop from guild to guild to get the rewards.
  • Options
    To me that means: there was an issue where players joining a guild could not attempt to join an in-process raid, and that issue was supposed to be fixed? I can see reading it differently, but it’s harder/stained ... how do we think it’s suppsoed to work now?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Vaapad wrote: »
    To me that means: there was an issue where players joining a guild could not attempt to join an in-process raid, and that issue was supposed to be fixed? I can see reading it differently, but it’s harder/stained ... how do we think it’s suppsoed to work now?

Before i believe you were blocked from joining a raid after selecting a squad. Now your are blocked before selecting a squad.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is they didn't change the rules, if raid started before you joined the guild you can't join the Raid, they simply changed how players will know this. I think before you could not attempt the Raid so if someone doesn't check the forum may not know why they couldn't raid. Now they allow them to attempt and get the no go message.

As you can see below.
    Only guild members at launch can participate/earn rewards from the raid

t2Dg1op.jpg