Rex pack is only $5+ or 750 crystals

12345679Next

Replies

• darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Did you read the description? I'm guessing no. Did you look at the possible rewards? Again I'm guessing no. You bought one, expected the full character, now come complaining. I bought 6 of them. I got the full Character in 1. The Ability Mats, other shards, and 100k make it pricey, but it is a decent buy. Plo and Serge not too interesting, but I'm building 5's so that chance is nice.

Read the description and look at possibilities next time. Think of the worst case you might get. If you feel that bites, don't buy it. Pretty easy and logical.

I think his complaint is receiving only four shards. For some reason I thought it was 12
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    eBitzu wrote: »
    4 shards.. guys.. freaking 4.. at least 7 would have worth it

100k credits and 2 mk3 ability mats

A cantina refresh used on 5 or 6 hard nodes is worth half that in creds and probably more mk 3 mats. But you know that. ;)

Oh of course. But the op left those items out. With both the credit crunch and the limited availability of the mats there's more value to this than simply 4 shards.

As a dolphin I love the idea of this pack. The only reason I didn't buy any was cause I don't care about Rex.
  • Options
    don't even have the option to buy that pack and I'm ok about it :)
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I think the price is fine for what you get.. but the biggest ripoff is finding out that Rex is broken. He is full of bugs. I spent probably 45k crystals on packs, got him and contacted EA tech support about his bugs after I used him. They offered me 50 crystals in compensation lol.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    I think the price is fine for what you get.. but the biggest ripoff is finding out that Rex is broken. He is full of bugs. I spent probably 45k crystals on packs, got him and contacted EA tech support about his bugs after I used him. They offered me 50 crystals in compensation lol.

Ouch,lol.
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Did you read the description? I'm guessing no. Did you look at the possible rewards? Again I'm guessing no. You bought one, expected the full character, now come complaining. I bought 6 of them. I got the full Character in 1. The Ability Mats, other shards, and 100k make it pricey, but it is a decent buy. Plo and Serge not too interesting, but I'm building 5's so that chance is nice.

Read the description and look at possibilities next time. Think of the worst case you might get. If you feel that bites, don't buy it. Pretty easy and logical.

I think his complaint is receiving only four shards. For some reason I thought it was 12

My point was it shows exactly what you get, breaks down each box/crate, shows the possibilities with the amounts. Complaining about 4 shards received, when it states that is a possibly reward is like Buying an assorted Lays chip bax at Bj's or Costco then complaining you got only 4 bags of Cheetoes when it lists how many you will get.
  • Options
    You can't expect to get him in just 1 pack. I opened 25 packs and ended up with a 7* Rex, so 18750 crystals. A fair price IMO.
  • Options
    I got him first pack he's 70 and purple gear now and I am happy :^)
  • Wenso
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Im opened 6 Aurodium. Nothing.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    I know it's an outlier but I pulled on first attempt...
    http://postimg.org/image/9c4p1sawf/

I never get good luck
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    eBitzu wrote: »
    4 shards.. guys.. freaking 4.. at least 7 would have worth it

100k credits and 2 mk3 ability mats

A cantina refresh used on 5 or 6 hard nodes is worth half that in creds and probably more mk 3 mats. But you know that. ;)

Oh of course. But the op left those items out. With both the credit crunch and the limited availability of the mats there's more value to this than simply 4 shards.

As a dolphin I love the idea of this pack. The only reason I didn't buy any was cause I don't care about Rex.

+1 hoping next time it is for a character that I want. I think a clones team could be good, but I don't even have 5's yet so not in my near plans.

Do this with Tark and some Empire shards or Leia and some rebel shards and I'm in.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Wenso wrote: »
    Im opened 6 Aurodium. Nothing.

Somehow I doubt you literally got nothing in six packs. I'd venture you got exactly what was advertised but weren't satisfied with not getting 6 straight toon drops.

I don't think people realize how big this is of an improvement over chromium.
  • Options
    I finally got 7 stars Fives with Aurodium. And of course, was able to upgrade a lot of abilities missing purple matter.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    Yeah I don't buy it... I am safe now :D
  • Options
    I am quite surprise by the negative reactions this pack has been getting.

It's an awesome pack, with confirmed drop of a new character/shards of the new character, along with characters that provide synergy. Not to mention the credit and the MK 3 ability mats.

Also, you are getting a new, chromium exclusive character. His exclusivity has to be taken into consideration when you try to break down the pricing of the pack.
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    Options
    So this was merged..
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    The solution to the problem here is just release a 'collection' of packs for a week a month for the same price each (i.e $5). For example - 'Empire Collection': 5 packs - each with a specific unlockable char/shards, Chance at 1 DV shard ( or Yoda for Jedi collection etc) and then the mats/creds.

If your a whale, sure, you'll probably spend the $100-200 needed to 7 star a char but if theres 4 or 5 to do then EA are making ~$1400 a month off each whale (plus all their additional spending). As for Dolphins/Tuna/f2p - they are enticed to spend cause they see an Ayala, KF, Maul etc that they can get without burning chromiums - lower risk/higher percieved return. This way EA could be making money off people who dont buy Chromiums (due to chance/cost) and dont want to spend on just Rex.

I havent spent anywhere near $200 as I dont agree with the random chance but I would seriously consider dumping money if I could choose who I spent the money on. Rotating the packs means (unless your a whale) you cant unlock everything in one go. (and leave out high end chars like Ben that should be a privilege to get). Whales will always spend to unlock everything - EA should start targetting the whole player base rather than targeting specific segments.