Started Playing again.. And so many new things.

Hi,

I had the game on my Android device a while ago and realized I could now switch it to my IOS so I started to play again. This is what I have.

https://swgoh.gg/u/creepy-gunther/collection/

I have been recently trying to get a scoundrel squad together for credit heist.
I also have been working on the ships since that is new.
Tempted to buy the Boba ship package, also the kylo package. Those two packages would five me 2 four star ships, also more people for a FO team.
I like the Cassian Package, But I don't see it helping me with the events.

I also have read the Phoenix squad is great to start with, but since I have others should I focus on establishing other teams first.

I know Phoenix is needed for Thrawn. I maybe could manage to get palpatine if I work on people I have.

I did throw 10 bucks at sion(weak moment), he is cool but doesn't really help me in the big events.

Mods are also new to me, I unlocked a lot of challenges, however I don't have the teams to beat the challenges.

Just looking for some solid advice. And if I did put some more money into this game where would it help me the most.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Replies

• Options
    You need to join a new player guild and take on whatever goals they ask. Start getting at least a zero on the raids so you can get the rewards. You have at least one 7* toon so you can start any of the raids at heroic level.
    If you are chasing the end game, right now it is Jedi Training Rey (JTR). She is a tough climb requiring multiple toons and sub events. If it is end game, then focus on toons needed for bb8s event (first order).
    If you want to be competitive in arena then look at the variety of teams in use right now. palp leading a team is doing quite well, right now and has unseated Commander Skywalker (CLS) led teams which held the meta for several months.
    Personally, if I were you, I would start with Phoenix. They crew two ships and are needed for territory battles and the Grand Admiral Thrawn, which is the preferred ship captain for the fleet arena.
    I would not spend much time on Jedi, they are in need of an upgrade.
    I would get a few scrourges together for the credit heist event. Boba Fett is a safe one that has other uses. IG-88 is a good damage dealer. Stormtrooper Han has use in other places. I would avoid greedo.
    Set yourself a goal and don’t get distracted by shiney stuff. When you spend the in game resources, stay focused. If a goal character is not on a store menu that day, then don’t buy something else just because.
    Good luck, welcome back and have fun- it’s a game.
  • darthjeary
    170 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Here is my recommendation in order. Iwent in this order simply from a beginner level all the way to end game level with everything unlocked.

You can sub in other toons from some factions. I picked either the best or easiest to farm. You can skip over any if you dont care about that legendary character. Also this is from a free to play perspective. obviously can just buy a character if they pop up.

Phoenix: gets you Palpatine and Thrawn.
    Chopper - Cantina store
    Ezra - Cantina energy (go after first only because of jedi reasoning below)
    Hera - Cantina energy
    Kanaan - Squad Arena Store
    Zeb - Galactic War Store
    Sabine - Brutal to farm now and Chopper is better for getting Thrawn

Jedi: Gets your Yoda (not that he is a good character, but youre basically done with 5 jedi so might as well finish it at this point)
    Mace - Squad Arena Store, Cantina energy, LS energy
    Luminara - Done
    Old Ben - Cantina energy
    Kanaan - Above
    Ezra - Above
    These 5 are the best for you imo. Luma is already done. Mace they basically give away because he is a ship commander and assuming you are doing Phoenix, 2 more are done. OG Ben is needed for CLS so best to get him done too.

Empire: Gets you R2-D2
    Palpatine - above from phoenix
    Thrawn - above from Phoenix if timing works out in your favor and he is done
    Tarkin - Squad arena store
    Vader - Achievements and buy any time you see him in fleet store
    Tie Fighter Pilot - Cantina energy
    Storm - Cantina Store and normal energy
    Magmatrooper - avoid because he is useless
    Royal Guard - Tough farm and TFP is better for getting R2
    Veers or Snowtrooper are good options as well, but i personally didnt go their route.

Team Luke: Gets you CLS
    Farmboy Luke - Cantina Energy
    Princess Leia - Squad Arena Store
    OG Ben - Done from above
    R2-D2 - Done from Empire
    Stormtrooper Han - Squad Arena Store

First Order: Gets you BB8
    Kylo Ren unmasked - Cantina Energy
    Kylo Ren - Cantina Energy and guild store
    First Order Officer - Cantina Battles Store
    Phasma - Galactic War Store (Not in the top 5 of best FO toons, but easy to farm)
    First Order Tie Pilot - Normal energy and fleet store.
    First Order Storm Trooper - great but a tough farm IMO

Resistance/Vets: Gets you Rey Jedi training
    BB8 - Done from Above
    Hobo Rey - normal energy
    Finn - cantina and normal energy
    Vet Chewy - Cantina energy
    Vet Han - Cantina energy
    I put this at the bottom simply because you need BB8 done and the Vets are only available in the final cantina battles which re level 85+.

Assuming you go in this order and get each 5 done, you will have other stores to focus on scoundrels and ships as well. This is easily a 6 month+ process, but should work as you level up.

I wish someone told me this when I first started.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. And also for taking the time to look on what best fits my current characters.

It makes sense, Since Phoenix gives me Palpatine / Thrawn.
    Then it leads to other events. Empire for R2D2. Etc which build on each other.

If I get some more ships going what level is really needed to start farming decent items?
    Should I just be focusing on dark or mix and matching doesn't make a difference as of ships.

The Kylo ren Bundle looks pretty good now since it fits with what you outlined above, Kylo, phasma, Fo storm and I get a ship (not sure if the ship is decent).

The Bounty Hunter Bundle I want but seems less value since it has boba and his ship. But it would push my boba to six stars and I read his ship is good.

It might give me a nice push in the right direction.

Thanks again for taking the time to help others out.

• Options
    I recommend saving your money for when a really good pack comes up unless money aint a thang, then go nuts on whatever. But nothing currently will push you much further. You need to level up in general and outside of crystal refreshes, nothing can hurry that along.

Bounty hunters are pretty useless outside of the credit heist challenge. I recommend getting the bare bones there to finish tier 3.

Ships, focus on dark side and Tarkin for now. That will get you the Zeta ability challenge. It is eight 5* ships (dark or light) plus 5* Tarkin (Four 5* dark side ships to get him). Once i had the characters above done in GW and Fleet Store, I went ships only until I had my 8 5* ships to do the zeta challenge.

Overall, you want your ships to be good enough to stay top 100ish in your shard if possible, only for the rewards, then slowly chip away at leveling, gearing, and starring ships and ship captains as you go. No need to rush this. The rewards are simply not worth the effort compared to the legendary characters.
  • Options
    If you were to spend cash id say just use it on crystals for refreshes and gear. At that lvl, gear and mods will be more important to you. Id recommend following the legendary toon route also as stated by darthjerry