Finally 3-Starred Hard DS 7-D

Awakened1130
220 posts Member
edited February 2016
I'm not even trying to farm Anakin shards - it's just my OCD as this was the only node that I havent 3 starred. I probably shouldn't have wasted so much energy with this but it's finally over! Probably out of 5 or 6 total attempts (I 1-starred it my first time & 2-starred it my second).

Here was my final team all Lev 70 Purple Gear (G7, G8, or G9):

Poggle Lead: 4*
GS (fully maxed) 7*
86 7*
88 6*
Daka 5* (used heal once round 3)
Borrowed a fully maxed 7* Sid

Strategy-wise I gunned down the clones ASAP to avoid turn-meter reduction. On the last stage I killed the one clone, then JC, then Aayla, Mace, Ima-Gun, and finally Fisto.

I don't think Daka's stun came through for me even once but I did need her to heal that one time near the end.
Post edited by Awakened1130 on

Replies

• Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Very cool... Congrats!
  • Options
    I'm trying to 3* this right now. I want to farm Anakin. I've come close but I always end up losing one guy in the last round.

My team so far is:
    Poggle, GS, Sid Max
    Savage 3* Gear VI

Then I usually borrow a maxed Phasma. There's no Daka or Talia available to borrow ... ever. I've leveled my Talia to 70 Gear VII but she's only 3 stars. Just need one heal - I think that will make all the difference.
  • Options
    Good luck I think that heal is key. Also getting through the first two stages with absolute minimal damage.
  • Options
    Thank you for this guide. I'm like you with the OCD and this is the last level I have not gotten to 3 stars.
  • Options
    Took me a long while to 3 star it too! I made a thread about it and I'll post the team that helped win. Daka is a must!
  • Options
    RlGx8Keh.jpg
  • Dreamwalk3r
    101 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've 3-starred it without a healer, but it took quite a lot of attempts - one Fisto's counter can screw 3 stars royally.
  • Tritium
    45 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I also managed to 3-star this fight today after attempting to do so yesterday to farm Ani. I completed it without using a healer and found that my 5* g6 (yea, low gear) Dooku was a must. His stuns on Fisto allowed me to burst him without fear of a counterattack. My team was:
    7* G8 Sid (L)
    6* G9 GS
    6* G8 Poggle
    6* G8 Kylo
    5* G6 Dooku
    I also borrowed a maxed out Phasma for the assists and extra AOE after Poggle's buff.

It took me about 5 total attempts (yesterday I couldn't manage it) in order to 3-star the node. I saved Poggle's buff and all AOEs for the last fight and only let loose after Poggle buffed. I focused Dooku's stuns and basics on Fisto to prevent his insane counterattack. Dooku really wins this fight ─ especially if you don't have a healer.
  • Options
    Great tactics! Poggle's buff was definitely a must for me. That's what was so challenging and fun about this node - you really need to bring together so many elements to make it work.
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    I want to do it, but I never get an ally character available. Only sucky randos.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Dempsey
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I good way to 3* this in my opinion is to use all the stunners you can. RG, Daka, and Dooku. He resists quite often, but some of your stuns are bound to catch him.