Time Frame Question

Aluxtu
420 posts Member
I've been playing this game for awhile and was wondering what the time frame intent was for some of the following things.

How long should it take to focus a character to rise their gear level from nothing to 12?

How long should it take to star a character from 2 stars to 7?

There haven't been any changes to lower gear level being acquired so I was just curious how cg felt about time spent on a character. Currently it takes me about a month of focused farm just max a toons gear and abilities out, depending on the number of zeta they need. If gear level 13 is released can I assume it will then take significantly longer or are steps going to be made to speed up lower level gear requirements?

Starring characters is a whole other story. Some characters I can push from no shards to max in about a month which seems reasonable, but I've been working on shore and nilhus now for over 4 months and still have 1 or 2 months left for this farm. Was just wondering why their drop rates are so low. As more characters get pushed into the game is the 6 month to farm a toon going to be a growing trend?

Health of the game and all, new players start out way behind with no chance of catching up and older players seem less and less excited knowing that if you don't drop hundreds of dollars it will be a year before you max out a new toon which is a bummer. Any chance changes will be made regarding gear and shard acquisitions? Right now a brand new player is looking at a minimum of a 6 month farm just to have 1 team ready to go and that's if they know to focus that team only and can get into a decent raiding guild.

This might be posted in the wrong section, for that I apologize. Truly enjoy the game! Just feel overwhelmed trying to keep up with gear and teams to be able to contribute.

Replies

• Options
    The time frame is entirely dependent on the toon you are looking at. A toon like Old Ben is easy to farm because he is in multiple locations on shops and at a low energy cantina node. He was fairly easy to gear as well. Whereas someone like General Kenobi is only found in haat so he is hard to farm. Also the gear he needs takes a while to get so it will take time to gear him up. It's better than it used to be since the gear can be found in shops. It's all about resource management and making decisions about which toons are a priority. For new players Phoenix should be the priority until you can get other toons.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Gk is an easier farm them shore trooper. Or at least it feels that way.
  • Options
    6 month farm? Define ready to go. I've been playing since Jan 8th and have a full team of 7* G8.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    Personally, I would love additions to the cantina, arena, and GW stores.

But more and more, I feel like the devs' goal is to make toons harder to farm. Look at Shore and Nihilus: their shards are still a premium 80 crystals each in shipments, even after toons that came out after them have gone down to the normal 50. People have asked about this, but nothing's changed.

And then what toons do get put into cantina, arena, and GW stores are usually sort of OK to mediocre (think Pao, Bistan, Bodhi). Newer players get to play with those, but if they want something really good, be prepared to shell out the money or wait 4–6 months. (The fact that a great toon like Biggs is in the GW store is purely an accident of history.)

Still, I'm hoping that a toon like Sith Marauder fits the bill of "OK-ish" that might let him be added to a store soon. (Though I'd love to see Visas get into one, too.)
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, having 7 stars on certain units is much easier than others. To get your 7 star team to g12 though you are looking at at least 5 months of dedicated farming and that's without going after other gear for heroes required for events
  • Options
    Improving characters is all about availability and affordability. Currently, the most available characters in the game are in the Galactic War store. You should be able to get 330 shards of any of them in 21 days of focused farming.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, let me rephrase, I have 7 started almost all characters that can be farmed via stores, minus 1 in arena who is about to be 7 starred. I'm asking if their intentions are to keep the farm rates for other toons so incredibly poor that once you farm the easy toons you now spend 6 months at a time on new toons
  • scuba
    14059 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Okay, let me rephrase, I have 7 started almost all characters that can be farmed via stores, minus 1 in arena who is about to be 7 starred. I'm asking if their intentions are to keep the farm rates for other toons so incredibly poor that once you farm the easy toons you now spend 6 months at a time on new toons

Yes
  • Options
    Yeah, gotta go with @scuba on that one. Some characters just take a long time to farm