Best Empire or hybrid team for arena?

Ravib
106 posts Member
edited March 2018
Since we set the clocks forward a few days ago, I can finally get >500 in arena. I ran Phoenix, but they dropped constantly, so I geared up a hybrid Empire team to fight. It has been doing pretty well in defense, but I regularly lose on offense. I regularly fight Wiggs/Chaze below 500 and CLS teams above 500. I used EP, Vader, Thrawn, R2, and Ben yesterday, but I can’t beat that stupid CLS. I switched to Shore and Tarkin today, but Shore is only g8 and Tarkin is g9 (Ben and R2 were 10). The team does good on offense, however there seemed to be an increase in arena droppings. I hope that if I gear them both up and star Shore enough, I could win on defense and offense. I have some other Empire toons. Should or maybe switch my leader or what? I would like to farm DT, but RNG is a **** and I am farming Captain Solo.
https://swgoh.gg/u/ravib/collection/

Replies

• Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Switch your ben and r2 for empire/sith to speed up vader, give palps a zeta on his leader (shot me up about 100 ranks pretty much instantly). When fighting wiggs+chaze, make sure after you fracture baze, you shock biggs. Otherwise you die in agony.

EDIT: nihilus is a great add to this team if you have him, i currently run zzEP, vader, nihilus, GK (easily replaceable with shore), and Thrawn. Nihilus increases my endurance greatly. If they have a rHan, if i dont stun him immediately then i save annhilate for him. Too much countering otherwise.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    Switch your ben and r2 for empire/sith to speed up vader, give palps a zeta on his leader (shot me up about 100 ranks pretty much instantly). When fighting wiggs+chaze, make sure after you fracture baze, you shock biggs. Otherwise you die in agony.

EDIT: nihilus is a great add to this team if you have him, i currently run zzEP, vader, nihilus, GK (easily replaceable with shore), and Thrawn. Nihilus increases my endurance greatly. If they have a rHan, if i dont stun him immediately then i save annhilate for him. Too much countering otherwise.
    If you looked at my swgoh.gg, I don’t have Nihilus. I switched Ben and R2 for Shore and Tarkin already, but Shore has less health than Old Ben and gets killed before he can do anything. Tarkin is also squishy. RNG won’t give me my needed shards for fleet, so zeta materials are scarce for me. Biggs usually kills my Shore before Palpatine can do anything because of his stupid turn meter gain. If I replace my health mods with speed mods for EP, he will become super squishy and can be killed by Wedge’s special. What about the solution for CLS? He is really hard to beat.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Palpatine shock prevents Tm gain. If you’re having a problem with Biggs, shock him first
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Palpatine shock prevents Tm gain. If you’re having a problem with Biggs, shock him first
    I can beat Wiggs/Chaze just fine. CLS gives me trouble. Will zPalp’s leader solve it? I haven’t zeta’d him yet due to stupid RNG never giving me any zetas in that stupid challenge.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Ravib wrote: »
    I can beat Wiggs/Chaze just fine. CLS gives me trouble. Will zPalp’s leader solve it? I haven’t zeta’d him yet due to **** RNG never giving me any zetas in that **** challenge.

zPalp handles CLS quite well. Without zeta.. definitely not. Maul Daze would make it a breeze. Without Maul, you can still do it moderately
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    But yeah, those challenges are not zeta friendly. Eventually you’ll buy from the fleet store and that’ll be your source for zeta. I get about 1 new zeta set every 2 weeks
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    But yeah, those challenges are not zeta friendly. Eventually you’ll buy from the fleet store and that’ll be your source for zeta. I get about 1 new zeta set every 2 weeks
    That is how I’ve been getting zetas. But I can only buy about 2 materials per week.
    Post edited by Ravib on
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Ravib wrote: »
    That is how I’ve been getting zetas. But I can only buy about w materials per week.

Right.. it’s not an efficient way to get Zetas. At first you’ll have to buy ships from shop, but then you can buy Zetas
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sion is the answer bro.just a nice juicy p2p g12 sion.... or any star works fine.... at least that's what I've heard.. also stormtrooper... almost as much defense as Sith trooper speaking in a full empire, but to help the EA CEOs and CG devs make more money get that sion.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Sion is the answer bro.just a nice juicy p2p g12 sion.... or any star works fine.... at least that's what I've heard.. also stormtrooper... almost as much defense as Sith trooper speaking in a full empire, but to help the EA CEOs and CG devs make more money get that sion.

You're aware this thread is from March? Please stop bringing back dead threads.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299