Double Drops

BlackIrish
114 posts Member
edited March 2018
Would be a very nice bone to throw us with the short notice of JTR's Heroes Journey return.

Replies

• Options
    What do you mean short notice, you had like 3 months to prepare, lol.
  • BlackIrish
    114 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    For a Heroes Journey? 2 1/2 months later in Mid March is kinda random right after a major upheaval in the game, not too mention, unfair given the hype to prepare for Sith Raid, most of which require farming Cantina shards at 20 energy a clip.

Plus, and perhaps most importantly, Veteran Han and Veteran Chewy are worthless outside of getting JTR.

25% bonus crystals chest is not enough of an incentive for me to drop $20 to panic farm and fall short. Trying your luck at Double Drops for 3-4 days over St Patrick's Day weekend seems like a good promotion and a way to stem some of the negative energy from the past few weeks.

If I have to go without JTR for another few months, so be it, but as someone who buys crystals, I'm not breaking with my normal Cantina spending in a mad dash only to fall short and have to wait anyway. I'm happy with the Imperial Troopers squad I built and progress on Sith Trooper and Sith Assasin over past 2 months in lieu of wasting that energy on two worthless characters to get 1 toon who just got nerfed in Raids.

Incentivize, don't patronize is my message to EA.
  • Options
    So you knew what you needed, chose not to farm it, instead farmed trooper and assassin, now you're asking for double drops because you're not ready?... can you see what's wrong with this?
  • Options
    Uhm, no. And in oversimplifying my statements you seem to miss a fundamental point - that a customer has a right to ask for a better deal.

I am fine if I dont get JTR, I have 2 Arena viable squads and finish Top 20 most days. JTR isnt gonna help me finish higher. Not on my shard, anyway.

EA threw up the carrot - raid-nerfed JTR - with no hint she was coming.

Then, a day later started teasing their $19.99 crystal chest with 25% bonus crystals. That's all calculated on their part to cause panic farming and crystal purchases.

I am someone who would spend $20 on a crystal chest, but I am refusing to be manipulated into doing so, and asking for a better incentive than a few hundred extra crystals.

Granted my two cents here isn't likely to amount to a hill of beans, but I feel better for having said it.