Whilst I wait for my FOST and FOTP to get to 7, what are my best options?

https://swgoh.gg/u/hermanbloom/collection/

Hi all,

I am working on a FO team as my first squad (I know most went Phoenix, I am now farming them on the side) and have the Kylo's, Phasma and FOO up to 7 star. FOST and FOTP are of course taking an age though.

I originally had Phasma lead, the Kylo's, Bobba and STHan. Recently I switched to KRU lead, other Kylo, STHan, FOO and Bobba.

I can just about hold my own inside the top 100 with the "new" team, if I time my run in the last hour. But any team in the top 90 smashes me.

I reckon FOST is two weeks away (10 of 100) and FOTP is just about to hit six star so a month, maybe more (10 missions today and not a single shard, thanks RNG gods).

So looking at my roster, is my current team my best option? Or am I missing a trick here and someone else should be slotted in.

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    You need to get first order officer for fo to be viable. He is the most important character on a fo squad. Fo squads do not use phasma. You get foo from cantina shipments. I’m in a late November shard and get 1st or 2nd every day with my fo so check out my squad if you want. https://swgoh.gg/u/ikky2win/
  • hermanbloom
    41 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am using FOO? Good to know FO can top the ranks though!
  • Options
    The new character Executioner is so OP as well. He can solo teams with just KRU tanking for him. When that becomes farmable you'll definitely want him instead
  • Options
    Yes I will go for him when farmable. Just wondering if I have options with my current squad, whilst I finish farming FOST and FOTP.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    there's a guy in my shard that takes rank 1 almost every day.

His team is

KRU Lead, Zylo, FOST, Phasma and FOTP

Why dont you use

KRU Lead , Phasma FOO, Boba and Kylo Ren ?
  • Options
    Ok, yeah, but I don't have two of those right now, as per my post. Unless you are saying he has them not at seven star?
  • Options
    You don't need them at 7* to run in arena. Gear is what you need, gear and speed. Get FOST in there. Go full FO and rock the competition.
  • Options
    OK cool! They are a mix of gear 8 and gear 9 (**** those stun guns, and cuffs) so I will just drop STHan and Bobba and see what happens. I had kinda assumed I would drop like a stone but as their gear is half decent maybe they will hold their own and I had been too hasty to dismiss the idea.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Stars is not what makes them viable in Arena, it's the gear and mods. Stars is more for raid requirements.

Btw if your Boba is strong enough he's not a bad pick whilst you get your FOTP up to speed. His Ability Block, execute and ignore taunt abilities counter Palpa or Nightsister teams pretty hard

Edit: SThan is useless and even more useless in your squad
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Put big speed on FOO, 1st turn give MO to Kylo for AOE or FOST for taunt, both moves give 25% TM to your team. The rest of the time MO to FOTP to punish the enemy.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.
  • Options
    Put big speed on FOO, 1st turn give MO to Kylo for AOE or FOST for taunt, both moves give 25% TM to your team. The rest of the time MO to FOTP to punish the enemy.
    Good luck.

This. You want to get foo as fast as you possibly can. Turn one foo casts marching orders on Ren and Ren uses lash out or you cast marching orders on fost and he casts taunt. Either way, it gives all other fo 25% turn meter which means all your first order should go first, or at least tie your opponents in which case it’s a coin flip.
  • Options
    I swapped the STHan and FOO mods so FOO now has 196 speed. I don't have a ton of mods so that will have to do for now. Will see what happens.
  • Options
    Ok, short term pain for long-term gain I hope. Just dropped to 150 from 95!
  • Options
    Ok, this was a terrible idea. Gone from top 100 to outside 200. Will go back to my original team.