Farming gear

Ajes
24 posts Member
I was wondering if farming a piece of gear at a hard node means a better chance to get it than farming it at a normal node? So will farming X gear at a hard node once for 12 energy give me double the chance of getting it than farming it once at a normal node for 6 energy?

Replies

• Options
    There’s no logic to farming gear. The drop rates can be just as frustratingly infuriating as any other farm in the game.

I wish they would just do like they did for mod challenges and make gear drop rate 100%. But then again they’ve gotta change a ton of stuff for a raid that’s not even a month old yet, cuz the community wanted it lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes there is some logic. A higher position node and hard nodes will have other benefits, i.e - character shards, more currency, and other gear pieces. I would not recommend refreshing a hard node for farming, unless you have planned this out for some reason as the drop rate vs investment may not always be in your favor.

There is also the SIM ticket balance, but that has been helped by adding them to fleet arena payout, once you unlock ships.

Best to draw your own conclusions on the cost benefit when looking at what you are farming.

My general plan has always been to farm based on the guild daily challenges, this helps me balance my daily crystal expenditure also. Plan on having 1 or 2 DS, 1 or 2 LS Hard nodes to farm on LS/DS/hard node days. So long with a key piece of gear or 2 if only available on on side. That will keep you moving forward.
  • Options
    What Kyno said, basically. There are benefits to trying harder nodes, but a better drop rate for a specific item isn't one of them.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    At higher energy costs you are more likely to get other goodies.

Spending lower energy means you're less likely to get nice things :smile:
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I farm carbanti from the 8 energy node because I get more that way. Shrug.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ajes
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Not what I wanted to gear, but thanks all the same ;-)
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Ajes wrote: »
    Not what I wanted to gear

I see what you (probably) accidentally did there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ajes wrote: »
    Not what I wanted to gear

I see what you (probably) accidentally did there.

I came here looking for copper but I found GOLD

In my personal experience, I farm gear from normal nodes. For the same energy you always get more pieces. For shards I use lower tiers, they have better droprates based on weeks of personal data analysis. Logical too, CG wants new players to get nice shards and then choke them later on.