What is Darth Nihilus whispering to me?

Prev1
At the beginning of the Sith Raid, it sounds like he's saying "give me your first unborn child." Which I guess isn't completely out of character? But somehow I doubt it. Was anyone able to suss it out, or is it just gravelly nonsense for atmosphere?

Replies

• Options
    "If you hurt me, you'll be nerfed."
  • Options
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    At the beginning of the Sith Raid, it sounds like he's saying "give me your first unborn child." Which I guess isn't completely out of character? But somehow I doubt it. Was anyone able to suss it out, or is it just gravelly nonsense for atmosphere?

In the KOTOR 2 game that's how he talks. He's not really saying anything, its just how he sounds.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Technically you can't give him your first unborn child. While i'm sure my currently unborn child is going to be a pita, it has to be born first before i can hand him over to nihilus.
    OT: i play on mute.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I tried to listen for a while and couldn't figure anything out. I'm sure there's a meaning behind it, but the actual sound is probably just mumbling.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    I tried to listen for a while and couldn't figure anything out. I'm sure there's a meaning behind it, but the actual sound is probably just mumbling.

I knew it, Nihilus is secretly a "new school" rapper !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    “Nerfffff Reyyyyy”
  • Options
    That's the way he talks in KOTOR 2. Like would he be more intimidating if he talks the way he does or if he had a Yorkshire accent
  • Options
    "It's OK. I now have 5% less health."
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    He's not whispering to you, he's whispering to me. Back off.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I love all this. Especially knowing that this is 'just how he talks' and we'll never know what he's saying. That means he COULD be saying, "remind me to pick up juice boxes at the store after this" or "this mask covers a really bad zit on my nose" or "One ring to rule them all!" or "Why can't we just be fwends?
  • Options
    I love all this. Especially knowing that this is 'just how he talks' and we'll never know what he's saying. That means he COULD be saying, "remind me to pick up juice boxes at the store after this" or "this mask covers a really bad zit on my nose" or "One ring to rule them all!" or "Why can't we just be fwends?

I like to think he's saying "I came out here to have a good time and honestly I'm feeling so attacked right now" or "Honestly I've just been playing along this whole time and I don't know what's happening"
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options
    That's the way he talks in KOTOR 2. Like would he be more intimidating if he talks the way he does or if he had a Yorkshire accent

'Ello, guv'nah! I'm gonna 'afta chop you to shreds, aren't I now, wiv this saber right 'ere? Right bloody shame, it is."
  • Options

'Ello, guv'nah! I'm gonna 'afta chop you to shreds, aren't I now, wiv this saber right 'ere? Right bloody shame, it is."

Sounds reads more co.c.kney to me than Yorkshire
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Shahram1222
    198 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It’s subliminal messaging. If you play it backwards, he says: “go to the store and buy a vault you cheap ****.”
  • Options
    "This will be really haaard. You will not get much out of ittttt."
  • Options
    "EA doesn't give a sith."
  • Options
    "Challenge gear"
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    It's all the force ghosts pleading for the festering wound to be healed...
    In KOTOR. In this game, it's definitely "Troll the players, Nerfy Rey, troll-lalalalalalala, lets go fishing with Kozi...." on repeat.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

Busted. I don't know how to write in Yorkshire. Only read and speak it. ; )
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options

You would think Nihilus would speak in the accent that will stab you, not the one that will make you a cup of tea.
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »

You would think Nihilus would speak in the accent that will stab you, not the one that will make you a cup of tea.

:: Tries to think of which is the "accent that will stab you" - can't think of any way of it not sounding racist - shuts up ::
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    "This will not be over quickly.....you will not enjoy it"
  • Coys
    14 posts Member
    Options
    He's giving the date of when will be dropped
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You would think Nihilus would speak in the accent that will stab you, not the one that will make you a cup of tea. [/quote]

:: Tries to think of which is the "accent that will stab you" - can't think of any way of it not sounding racist - shuts up ::[/quote]

That would be co ckn ey.

Edit: profanity filter didn't like that particular British accent.
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »

:: Tries to think of which is the "accent that will stab you" - can't think of any way of it not sounding racist - shuts up ::

Scouser.... ehmmm you met my mate Stanley?
  • Options
    buy a vault of crystaaaaaaals
  • Options
    I thought he was saying, "Give me your soul" but then maybe it's "Give me your apple pay"
    Officer in Rancor Raiderzz
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    "This will not be worth your time."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    “ keep on rockin in the free world”....
  • Options
    I agree with mcmole, it sounds like he is saying "Give me your flash drive" or something like that