Minimum needed to get Chimaera?

FailingCrab
1155 posts Member
edited March 2018
I'm aiming to pick up Chimaera at 5* next time it comes around but I don't really use any of the rebel ships except Biggs in my fleet arena and I don't use any rebels in my squad arena, so Chimaera's the only reason I'm farming them.

Currently have Biggs/Wedge 5*, Ghost/Phantom/Cassian 4* and I'll comfortably be 5* in a couple of weeks or so.

I want to use as few resources as possible for this so I can focus on farming toons for CLS. What's the minimum amount I need to do to my pilots?

Currently Biggs is 7* G8 all abilities 7
Phoenix (except Sabine) all 7* abilities 6/7
The rest (including Ackbar) are all 4* with basically no gearing and no abilities
https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
Post edited by FailingCrab on

Replies

• Landale3
    87 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am curious about this myself. I currently have:
    Home One 5* (10k), Biggs 6* (22k), Wedge 6* (11k), Ghost 6* (31k), Phantom 6* (25k), and Bistan 5* (8k).

I'm hoping it will be enough for me to get Chimaera 5*. Wedge will get a boost, hopefully to 20k, and Biggs has a little room for improvement (abilities). Like you, I have other priorities and want to minimize my resource allocation for the next time it comes up.

Eventually I'll want to get it to 7*, but I'll settle for 5* at this time.
  • Options
    As I recall the Chimaera event wasnt all that tough at 5*'s. Where my biggest problem is im trying to get ready to 7* it next time it comes around and that requires you complete the Akbar tier V fleet event which you wont even come close to doing with that lineup just to get Home One to 6* so you can do the 7* Akbar events which allows you to do the last tier of the Chimaera event. If you are happy with 5* for now Id say just keep leveling up those ships but if you want a 7* you need to really buckle down and start farming ships. I am running

6* JC G8 (have enough shards but no currency to level to 7)
    6* Cassian G's 7-8 on crew
    7* Biggs G9
    7* Wedge G9
    6* Asoka G8
    7* Ghost G9
    7* Phantom G9

My biggest problem is damage, I simply cant damage the ships fast enough before Rex and JC replenish protection and someone then taunts. Id recommend farming Poe, Rex and maybe 5's.
  • Options
    @RefugeAssassin, I take your point - that's exacrtly why I'm aiming for 5* for now - to 6* and 7* Akbar would need a lot more farming than I'm just not willing to do at this point because of my other priorities (namely my arena squad, arena pilots and CLS toons).
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    @RefugeAssassin, I take your point - that's exacrtly why I'm aiming for 5* for now - to 6* and 7* Akbar would need a lot more farming than I'm just not willing to do at this point because of my other priorities (namely my arena squad, arena pilots and CLS toons).

I hear ya, I was the same way but this ship is just too good to not get. At the very least just work on a ship here and there so you are at least working towards it, albeit slowly.