Jtr events and Veterans

I have started to collect veterans for 3 months ago. I just reach 6* both of them just before the event release. The drop rate was not good but also not too bad. But when the event released this drop rate suddenly become very poor. Less than %10. I know because of last 3 months I only focus on this 2 veterans. I spend 500 crystals for getting cantina energy almost every last 7 day.

144 + 45 = 189 Cantina Energy Every Day
500 crystals = 100 + 100 + 100 + 200 means 4 times 120 energy = 480

480 + 189 = 669 means 16 enegy per fight = 41 attemp per day.

Believe me, I couldn't get 10 shards somedays. And I believe that if I spend this energy before the event released I was already to reach 7*

If I can reach both veterans 50/100 I was planning to buy 50 shards package to become 7*. But with this drop rate, This is not possible. Thanks for EA saving my money to buy veterans pack.

This really looks like strange to me. This is not the correct way to earn money. Of course, you should earn money but with this drop rate and method, it is not easy for you. From my side, you missed my order just because of drop rate. If can collect 100 shards in 10 days(this was possible number) with this cantina using energy, you'll get my money. I do my best but EA can't sorry.

Replies

• Options
    I believe the drop rate of a toon is something like 33% chance to drop. Im spending 2 refreshes a day on death trooper which is a high node like yourself and i find his drop rate to be terrible. But its because your using double the energy than the lower nodes so it feels like your getting a worse deal but in fact the drops will be around the same. They don't alter the drop rate just because the event is here its all rng
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I'm not agree because I spend half of my cantina energy for 90 days and I know the drop rates. But last 7 days, it is not same as previous. If it is happen only one day, it can be acceptable. I just share my numbers.

I'll continue to collect 50 shards for each until end of the event but it looks impossible. If I can't reach I won't buy a pack. This is a basic trade.
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am doing 3x 100 refreshes and average about 7 a day. I believe this is about 20% drop rate which is lower than the unofficial 33% drop rate. I augment this with buying shards on the shipment store. But it is not enough. I have also not pulled the trigger on the 50x2 veteran shard pack.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I’ve been farming reaper since it was farmable and yet I 7* fosftf and still am working on reaper??!! It feels like that 33% is in a pie chart. And the chart is actually a wheel that rotates. You have a good streak for a while then you hit the 67% desert of pain in the **** nothing for a long time.
    Keep farming and you should find the oasis soon. Unfortunately it might be to late.
  • Options
    I averaged 13-15 a day on both vets. And deathtroop was in 11~12 range. Whereas, unlike others, my kru drops were pretty bad (6 per day).
    All while doing 3 refreshes daily. So yeah, it's rng, not foul play.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I dropped the ball on finishing chewie since the last event.

Soon as they announced the event was randomly coming back I decided to not even bother trying to finish him.

I'll live without Jedi training wheels rey.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    Options
    Fattaro wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I'm not agree because I spend half of my cantina energy for 90 days and I know the drop rates. But last 7 days, it is not same as previous. If it is happen only one day, it can be acceptable. I just share my numbers.

I'll continue to collect 50 shards for each until end of the event but it looks impossible. If I can't reach I won't buy a pack. This is a basic trade.

You may not like it but it is just luck. I was expecting to take 3 or 4 days to finish mine off and it took just over 1. The previous week it was terrible. Just keep going and hope you get there.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    This is called perception bias. People take notice because of the added pressure produced by the event deadline but, in the end, it’s all due to rng and pure luck. I did two refreshes a day, I guess that helped mitigating rng accidents.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Will010688 wrote: »
    I believe the drop rate of a toon is something like 33% chance to drop. Im spending 2 refreshes a day on death trooper which is a high node like yourself and i find his drop rate to be terrible. But its because your using double the energy than the lower nodes so it feels like your getting a worse deal but in fact the drops will be around the same. They don't alter the drop rate just because the event is here its all rng

The amount of energy has nothing to do with it. I've bought 3 refreshes a day for the last few days and there hasn't been a single time that I've gotten more than 2 shards per refresh, usually only 1. I've kept track and it's been ever so slightly more worth it than just buying 4 shards at a time. Like maybe a few percentage points. Maybe the drop rate is 30% for other nodes maybe even the same for other people, but I would have to see evidence of that for the vets. My own experience is a maximum of 20%, and don't say that it's anecdotal or anything, I have never gotten anywhere near a 30% rate over the last few months.
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I wonder if they have ever been in a meeting where the question came up "Should we use RNG?" and the answer was "Not this time". I highly doubt it, even the stores are reliant on RNG.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    Moved to Hero’s Journey
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    I started farming both early January and finished end of February while spending crystals to refresh. Vet Han took a lot longer then Vet Chewbacca.