BB-Hate squad

No, this is not a request for a new character. LOL
I was just looking at my own roster and playing around with some ideas for developing my teams. I just got BB-8 from the Pieces and Plans event, and I came up with a squad idea that I have dubbed "BB-Hate": https://swgoh.gg/squads/85090/
The lineup is KRU(L), Kylo, FOTP, FOSFTP, and BB-8. Has anyone ever experimented with this before? If you have, what feedback do you have on it? What is it good for (or bad for)?
"Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/

Replies

• Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    What does BB8 bring to that team? FOO should be better. FOST should be better. FO can work, but what would the little magic 8-ball bring to that team?
  • Options
    Well to be honest, I haven't yet unlocked FOO or FOST. I don't have any experience with them.
    My other FO char is Phasma, and she brings precious little to the squad in my experience. BB-8 has Illuminated Destiny, so I didn't know if that might be a step up.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    I tried something similar to that in the Sith raid today... It didn't really pan out (T3 P3; which seems bugged anyways, BoW isn't building while Traya's toppled).

I don't have FOST, and don't use FOSFTFP, so I dropped Phasma for BB-8 for kicks and giggles; did at least half the damage--did around 250k--I normally do with my FO. It isn't really the strongest indication of whether or not it could work, given that my BB-8's only rocking level 3 abilities at the moment (I'm prioritizing prepping for R2-D2 and CLS), but it's enough I probably won't try it again.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback! That's good to know. I still haven't settled how to do T3 P3 either.
    But for T3 P1, I've found replacing Phasma with Luminara works pretty well. Did over 500k last time, I think. Still experimenting though. :)
  • Options
    If you wanted to mix droids and fo I would probably run. Kru lead kylo bb8 chopper and r2. But have no idea how good it would be might even have to replace r2 with 88 for damage puposes.
  • Options
    Eh, P3's pretty easy actually; use AoE to knock out the sabers and keep Traya toppled (doubly important if this Bonds of Weakness not building while toppled thing sticks; I'm 95% certain it's a bug though), if she ever builds up BoW enough to where it actually starts hurting your dudes, just have one of your strongest attackers use Stand Alone (which only really happens maybe once per match?).

For P1 my best advice is "not Phoenix" but I haven't really had the patience to experiment with P1 much (I keep avoiding that phase when possible; it's only a matter of time till my guild leader calls me out on it... shh!), for P2 pretty much anything works, and P4 is chaotic at first (Phoenix can kind of work a bit even when Nihilus is up, just attack Sion when they have Defense Down).
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    Moved to Strategy
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    I was expecting bb-hate to be Ep lead Vader R-2 BB-8 and IPD.
  • Options
    Yeah this team is more like Goths trying to play basketball... there's really nothing there.
  • Options
    Bb8, for the FO team who wants advantage and TM(speed up) in round 6 instead of round 1
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options
    Well to be honest, I haven't yet unlocked FOO or FOST. I don't have any experience with them.
    My other FO char is Phasma, and she brings precious little to the squad in my experience. BB-8 has Illuminated Destiny, so I didn't know if that might be a step up.

It’ll take a while to kick ID with that team. Not worth it.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Bb8 would fit well with a resistance team and whatever random droid team you have available but doesn't really contribute to this one. Phasma would honestly do more for you.