Sion 3 star

SITHPLAGUE
58 posts Member
edited March 2018
Im wondering how viable sion is at 3 star? My current arena team is double zeta palp vader shore zhrawn (eb n flow) zarkin (unique) all 7 star g12. Was considering leveling and gearing sion to replace the beast that is tarkin but need to know if hes viable at 3 star
Post edited by SITHPLAGUE on

Replies

• Options
    honestly, the biggest downside to using Sion at any level under 7* is that you can't bring him to g12. The boost to his health and protection from g11 to g12 makes a huge difference in whether he can survive long enough to be useful. I currently have mine at 5* g11 and i do use him in arena but I tend to get targeted over the others in my shard who whaled out the entire way with him. Therefore, I drop more than others over night
  • Options
    Hello,

I believe there is a video on you-tube that actually argues this point and they have said that he is viable in the arena at 3 star. For more details I would search there.
  • Options
    SITHPLAGUE wrote: »
    Im wondering how viable sion is at 3 star? My current arena team is double zeta palp vader shore zhrawn (eb n flow) zarkin (unique) all 7 star g12. Was considering leveling and gearing sion to replace the beast that is tarkin but need to know if hes viable at 3 star

I use him with Palp zeta lead, Vader Nihilus Thrawn.
    I feel he is too squishy for being a Tank.
    Once he got one shot from 100%health no protection by Wedge, who also had Pain (so 100% defense for Sion)
    Many times he dies before I can really use him.
    Not a bad character to use (relatively good on 3*) but nowdays Tanks have little role beyond just being a meat wall.
    You would probably need a second tank as well, I usually fall ~20 place (120-> 140), but it has also happened that I fell 100+ overnight.
  • Options

Once he got one shot from 100%health no protection by Wedge, who also had Pain (so 100% defense for Sion)
    Not a bad character to use (relatively good on 3*) but nowdays Tanks have little role beyond just being a meat wall.
    You would probably need a second tank as well, I usually fall ~20 place (120-> 140), but it has also happened that I fell 100+ overnight.

Wedge can't one shot Sion with full hp and protection, the numbers just don't add up. Your mods probably were very bad, you should have added alot more protection
  • Options
    That's why he is amazing at gear 12, 7 star. He eats everything and hits back harder.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    BazeMalbus wrote: »

Wedge can't one shot Sion with full hp and protection, the numbers just don't add up. Your mods probably were very bad, you should have added alot more protection

He specifically said no protection.
  • Options
    I was thinking of using him at 4 stars but I don’t think he is better than GK at that level and he needs another tank to really be effective anyway.

Plus, he really isn’t that great outside of arena and TW, so his utility is limited.

So I decided to pass on him until he becomes farmable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    3* probably not. He is a tank and generally speaking tanks need stars and all the gear they can get. Stars help health fair amount.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    Options
    He is viable at 3* g11 with another tank

Unless you are in a really old shard
  • Options
    At *3 probably he can hold (as a tank), if u use 6x full defence mods set with primary n secondary protection or defence. Will increase ur armor n resistance, but sacrafice ur speed. If sion not fast enough and can't landed his pain debuff, he's useless.

But if ur arena leaderboard already fill with *7 sion, i think u better forget the *3 sion plan hmm
  • Options
    Only if you are prepared to give him a zeta and run another tank with him.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Zeta for sure
    Superfast, always everyone on arena teams with a few rare exceptions like baze
  • DarthGugel
    175 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    3 stars is totally viable. Like mentioned above you are missing out on G12, some DPs, and health, but he is still viable and does some good work against others.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xez-6d-nAHw
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=355s&v=sMKP3tGqDp8
  • Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    7* Kenobi would be better considering equal gear. Maybe g12 4* he becomes viable as solo tank.

You can't g12 a 4* character.

He is good at 3*, I personally use him with a zeta. If you have many other Palp teams in your shard and the majority of them run a GK instead of Sion, you'll be able to auto them easily.
  • Options
    I have him in my palp, Vader, Thrawn, Nihilus team at 3* and zeta’d. Gets me in the top 50 every payout, sometimes top 20. Zaria did about the same thing for me in that team though. His dispel is extremely useful.
  • Options
    You wanna listen to me, Sion is probably not going to be viable at 3 stars. These people fail to also realize that it depends on your arena shard. Each shard is different and it may vary from shard to shard but if you are really talking about an old shard with strong players then you need to stay away form Sion.

He may allow you to win a battle when climbing for payout but you'll immediately become a target and drop many ranks. You are better off using another tank. Arena many times is psychological, people will attack you just because your team appears to have a weakness over a group of identical teams.

Lastly let me say that don't let this discourage you from gearing him and trying for yourself since sooner or later he will become farmable, meaning that you will eventually 7star him and so the gear isn't gonna be wasted.
  • Options
    I have him in my palp, Vader, Thrawn, Nihilus team at 3* and zeta’d. Gets me in the top 50 every payout, sometimes top 20. Zaria did about the same thing for me in that team though. His dispel is extremely useful.

There are probably 10 other characters that can allow you to finish at those ranks
  • Options
    November 2015 shard and I've switched to using a four star Sion in my Palp team. I was getting first before, and still am so take it how you want. I use him because he is extremely fun and still quite strong. But above all else, he feeds TM and max health to Nihilus. If you don't use Nihilus, Sion would be a massive waste until seven stars.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    3 Sion in my 2016 shard in top 10. A 3, a 4, and a 7*
  • Options
    You get value from Sion from his aoe dispel and target disruption. Obviously he won't tank as well as a 7* G12 but if he can clean out a ton of buffs early on plus force a couple taunts off EP then he's done his job.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    There are about 5 teams in my shard's top 20 that run Sion. All 5 run him with Sith Trooper. Only one is less than G12/7* (G11/4*). You're going to want to run him with another tank, but I would say he's viable. As @AtlasMKx and @BazeMalbus pointed out you can probably rank the same with other characters like Thrawn, Nihilus, etc.
  • Options
    I have him 3* g11 and zeta, and works perfectly under zzPalp squad.
  • xeo
    36 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

How did you mod him? How old is your shard? I have him 4* with 3 x g11 pieces and he doesnt perform that well in a solo tank scenario.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    It's honestly pretty sad. I'm on a November 2015 shard and a maxed GK works better than a maxed Shore on a Plap team. Sion isn't better than GK either. He only works if you run him with Sith Trooper - and even that team is beatable without too much trouble by the same team with GK as the only tank on the other side.

Sion looked like he was going to be a great DS/Sith Tank - but GK is still the best....even on a Palp lead team.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Look...

Gk is the best tank in the game. Period. He brings ridiculous light side privilege utility to any squad.

However a 3-4* Sion performs well depending on mods. In a sith squad (with good mods) I prefer Sion. Anywhere else gk rules. If EP's leadership affected all Darksiders (as it should in my opinion) then I'd say kru would be good there... But sadly he doesn't receive anything from EP's leadership.
  • Options
    Sion is definitely useful at 3*, just not so much without DN.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    xeo wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

How did you mod him? How old is your shard? I have him 4* with 3 x g11 pieces and he doesnt perform that well in a solo tank scenario.
    My shard is April 2016, full of whales from top guilds.

Now i'm running Sion under Rex, but used him with Palp lead and works pretty good as well. I like to mod with 4 protection mods, want him to hold on until triggers "hatred". Then he will crit for around 25k.

If u have enough speed on mods u can run him as a solo tank, otherwise might need another one like Kenobi or Shore alongside for better performance.

https://swgoh.gg/u/masterflinch/

Post edited by SpeedRacer on