Lvl 73, seeking advice. Several Questions.

First of all, I think this will link to my account on swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/robomelon314/

Second, I recently finished my phoenix to 7 stars. I am working on getting them to all gear 8, then probably gear 9 too.

Background on my account, I started a while ago, not sure when, but then I stopped around lvl 40. I picked the game back up around a week or two before yoda's last event, had 3* phoenix for thrawn, and 5* for palpatine. I'm currently farming magma trooper to quickly complete my empire team, starting tomorrow, beginning Tie Fighter Pilot cantina and fleet farming. Cantina store I'm working on the hoth rebel, fleet is grevious, vader, and ships. GW is 2 magma trooper and 1 ship each day.

I'm mostly wondering where to go from here, so I don't stay behind...ranked around 700 in arena usually, and don't want to fall further behind.

My future plan is to hopefully develop an empire team, working on tarkin, tfp, magma trooper, vader, palpatine...Hopefully I can get thrawn when he comes around, but I'm not sure what the minimum is for that. Ideally, I've seen that MT is not the best, but I'd like to get R2 when he comes around, so if I can't get stars fast enough, I want backups. I'd like to have my empire team be palpatine, vader, thrawn, tfp, and someone else...Should I start on the guard? I don't exactly know what to expect, and CLS is miles down the road, as I need st han, leia, and luke still. Ben is at 4, han 3, luke and leia are nonexistant.

I may edit this later to add a bit, but any advice would be great.

Replies

• Options
    general grievous? I'd definitely stop spending shards there. Spend those GW shards on Biggs until he's 7*. Buy ships/vader from fleet. Spend cantina currency on stormtrooper, supplementing the hard nodes. Magma is generally considered a waste of time early on. Spend squad currency on tarkin, and farm tfp/kru from cantina.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Farm scoundrels for credit heist and gear phoenix to gear 8 or 9 for thrawn, if 8 spend a few weeks farming better mods.

The scoundrels will ensure you get credits to level your team. I notice none of your team is fully levelled at the moment.
  • Options
    Alright...I kind of have a general problem when playing games like this...I want to collect every character, even if I wnot use them. That's why I was doing grevious, he's cool and I want to say I have big name characters. Rationally, it's completely useless, but that's my biggest weakness is unlocking vs competing...that's the same thing I dI'd in Clash Royale awhile ago before I quit.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You can collect every character, but if you want to be efficient about it, the best method is to choose one or two teams, then build them up to the point where they can handle almost every team you face in galactic war. Then choose another team and build them up so they can handle all the galactic war battles you face. Then another, and another, and so forth.

It also helps to build teams that unlock other teams. So farming Phoenix characters can get you Emperor Palpatine and Thrawn, which along with 3 other Empire characters can get you R2D2, which you need along with Stormtrooper Han, Princess Leia, Farmboy Luke Skywalker, and Old Ben Kenobi to get Commander Luke Skywalker. Likewise, farming First Order characters can get you BB8, which along with Scavenger Rey, Finn, Veteran Smuggler Han Solo, and Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca can get you Jedi Training Rey.

If you farm teams in order to unlock legendary and hero's journey characters, those characters will make it much easier to get the rest.

For a quick list, the best characters you want to get (and how to get them) are currently Commander Luke Skywalker (hero's journey), Jedi Training Rey (hero's journey), R2D2 (needs Empire), BB8 (needs First Order), Grand Admiral Thrawn (needs Phoenix), Emperor Palpatine (needs Rebels), Darth Vader (needs achievements or farm from fleet arena store), Darth Nihilus (late-game farm or buy with crystals), Han Solo (from rancor raid), and General Kenobi (from AAT raid).
  • Options
    I was in the same boat as you are now in the beginning, " gotta have all my favorites" focus on certain teams, the replies that you have gotten so far are soilid. The key is to focus on what you want, and build off of it.

Good luck
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the help. My guild has been giving me advice too, and I'm waiting for Palpatine and thrawn to come back, and my last question is, what gear should my Phoenix be at for 7 star thrawn and Palpatine.
    Chopper is my last g7, and I've heard that Ezra should be pretty high gear. I've cleared dark side normal to 6, and light side to 7. Hard battles I'm only to 4, planning on getting those done in the next week or two.

Thanks
  • Options
    I have read 8 with good RNG 9 or 10 for a better consistent chance , Mods of course play a large role as well
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    For some perspective:

Last time Thrawn was around, I got him at 6* but could not get him at 7* with Hera at gear 9 and Ezra, Chopper, Kanan, and Zeb at gear 8, all level 70 and speeds of 200, 199, 185, 169, and 131.

Now they’re all at level 81, 3 of their uniques are omega-d (with the other 2 on the way when I get more omega materials and when I get to level 82), Ezra and Chopper have joined Hera at gear 9, and I’ve got faster mods I can put on them. I feel ready for Thrawn.

It’s a royal pain to upgrade Zeb and Kanan to gear 9 because they both need multiple copies of the same hard to obtain gear. But if you can get the other 3 to gear 9 and omega their uniques like I’m doing, I think you should be able to get Thrawn at 7*.
  • Options
    Alright...I kind of have a general problem when playing games like this...I want to collect every character, even if I wnot use them. That's why I was doing grevious, he's cool and I want to say I have big name characters. Rationally, it's completely useless, but that's my biggest weakness is unlocking vs competing...that's the same thing I dI'd in Clash Royale awhile ago before I quit.

And you can do that! Entirely up to you. At some point playing the game you need to decide whether you're playing it to be super-competitive or playing it for your own fun and amusement. Neither is right, neither is wrong. Go with what makes you happy :smile:
  • Options

And you can do that! Entirely up to you. At some point playing the game you need to decide whether you're playing it to be super-competitive or playing it for your own fun and amusement. Neither is right, neither is wrong. Go with what makes you happy :smile:

I second this, you can do a little of both I have fun/personal characters that I spend time on and then i have serious squads that I develop. Dont take the fun out of the game or you wont want to play it