Low gear Zombie VS G8 Zombie for arena

Hello I was wondering if I should gear up my Zombie in order to improve my NS arena team.

We have on one side :
2 stars, G2 zombie, 88 base speed => Die extremely fast, triggers Daka and Ventress unique but can't taunt very often.

VS :
? stars G8 Zombie, 108 base speed => Die less faster, triggers less Daka and Ventress unique but can taunt more often.

Which option do you think is better for arena?

Replies

• Options
    Depending on arena shard/age a g8 won't make a huge difference, i run gear 8 zombie and she's still pretty much one shot by everything in my arena
  • Options
    Or meet in the middle at 6 or 7
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Depending on arena shard/age a g8 won't make a huge difference, i run gear 8 zombie and she's still pretty much one shot by everything in my arena

There's a speed upgrade at gear 8 so most people see it as a choice between gear 2 gear 8 and gear 12.

The superior choice depends purely on the shard and meta imo.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    I have a gear 11, I went with tanky as possible vs speed and anything else. He is a pain to kill and tiggers enough to eat all the attacks. I don’t agree with with the quick kill zombie because he doesn’t come back with taunt so he is useless until he goes anyway.
  • Options
    Yes, this is a trade off between Daka + Assaj TM gains and stun longevity. Daka and Assaj TM gain = more stun and debuff.. This is a deeper question
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Nah fam here's the dealio. The idea behind the paper zombie is to trigger daka/assaj's uniques, but it is also to keep the zombie from getting fractured. She gets fractured, you're done. Keep your zombie the way she is but load her up with great speed mods. Zombie fast=more taunt. Low gear zombie=no fracture.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Random9 wrote: »
    Nah fam here's the dealio. The idea behind the paper zombie is to trigger daka/assaj's uniques, but it is also to keep the zombie from getting fractured. She gets fractured, you're done. Keep your zombie the way she is but load her up with great speed mods. Zombie fast=more taunt. Low gear zombie=no fracture.

But if you are dealing with a gear xii thrawn a gear viii zombie will die to a fracture too so it depends on the arena shard.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Random9 wrote: »

But if you are dealing with a gear xii thrawn a gear viii zombie will die to a fracture too so it depends on the arena shard.

Sure, but use the gear on another character and just give her speed mods. Save some time farming gear.
  • Options
    I would better use those few low levels gears on Zombie if I can help me hold better on arena. Can't the 20 speed gain and the longer taunt be useful on arena?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I would better use those few low levels gears on Zombie if I can help me hold better on arena. Can't the 20 speed gain and the longer taunt be useful on arena?

What gear opponents are you facing? If you are facing gear 8 opposition fracture on gear 8 zombie will destroy your team. If you are facing gear xii opposition fracture on your gear zombie will be fine as it will kill your zombie.
  • Options
    I'm on a Fev 2016 shard. All Thrawn are legit G12. I think a G8 Zombie can hold better on defense but I'm not sure