Post-speed update, no more Poe coin flip. Yet another Poe vs Fives thread

Omnirhyze
167 posts Member
edited February 2016
Just got QGJ to five stars. Now I've decided to get one of these tanks. Fives seems to have more usability in everything but arena, and Poe's taunt is what really makes him valuable, which is good in arena, though arena is a pretty big part of the game. On paper, he looks like a one trick pony in everything else outside of arena.
I'm considering to get fives over Poe, though Poe still looks like he has SOME viability in arena, yet his taunt won't carry between multiple encounters outside of it. Fives usability doesn't change between encounters.
Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion

Post-speed update, no more Poe coin flip. Yet another Poe vs Fives thread 16 votes

Unlock Poe
50%
pip_ninjaGalgenstrickOmarFPGReyOPMizake_MizanWarLuke6108TMRevan 8 votes
Unlock Fives
50%
Ser_PhoenixWillkimm98h3ckmandeathstalkerVicSetackizitoGitFistoedbehr228 8 votes

Replies

• Options
    Finish QGJ
  • Options
    Finish QGJ

/\

Then go Daka

• Options
    I would say it depends on what you would consider a higher priority - GW/LS/DS or Arena. Poe is a one trick pony but it's a really strong trick, even post-nerf. His turn meter manipulation and speed are virtually unaffected, and though Jedi move faster than he does now, when he does pop his taunt he will still cause major trouble. At higher star and gear levels he lives longer than you might think. Today at almost full gear and 6* he actually got me through 4 straight GW battles facing full 70 7* purples.

Fives is a nice steady toon with plenty going for him - the assist, the high counter chance, and speed down - so he is solid for most modes. My big beef with him is he is not really a tank, as he does not taunt and his counter chance actually discourages people from attacking him. But he will work as intended even from a low star and gear level, versus Poe who lives to die except in endgame.

That said, do take QGJ to 6 stars at least, then work on his last star later on after you've built up your solid tank, whichever you choose.

• Options
    Finish QGJ and this is coming from a 7* fives owner. I love fives and use him on every team. That being said a five star QGJ doesn't have much value. Finish your investment before moving on unless you have an abundance of 70s and do not plan on using him.