Who to farm?

Backstory

I started the game off like any other uninformed player would have. I read nothing on it and just had fun. Then I decided to get down to business in January of 2018. I read the forums, I watched some game changers, and I started rebuilding with focus. My first goal was to get ready for Thrawn/Executrix, so I picked up what I could of the Phoenix squad and managed to get the 5* Thrawn finished. I then immediately jumped through the hoops to get a bare bones GMY and EP (actually managed to get EP 6* at the last minute thanks to some RNG). Okay, what's next?
  • Well, based on previous experience, JTRey then CLS. So I started farming FO to get BB-8 and pulling StHan and Leia from Arena. Mind you, my arena skill is terrible, but I did what I could.
  • Surprise, JTRey showed up early, so I tried for a bit, then realized 6* BB-8 was the extent of what I could shoot for... time to pivot and head down CLS lane.
  • Surprise! CLS is coming. There's no way I can get him, I still need several shards, so I'll get as much R2 as possible.

The past 3 months have been obnoxious... trying to play the game for fun and profit is neither fun or profitable.

tl;dr

Who should an overstretched and frustrated player be working towards... let's say by end of 2018? I don't have time to panic farm all the amazing characters. Best guess: Just guide me a little and tell me your opinion of who I should be actively working towards for the next 3 months.

Replies

• Woie
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Carry on as you where they are both great Toons to have and no reason you can't be ready for both next time they come around... then really depends where you guild is at with raids
  • Options
    Woie wrote: »
    Carry on as you where they are both great Toons to have and no reason you can't be ready for both next time they come around... then really depends where you guild is at with raids

So general farming of both? I mean, sure eventually I'll have all the FO/Empire/original rebels/resistence+vets at 7*. I'm struggling to find direction during this growing period which I think is largely the frustration.
  • Options
    Phoenix, Empire, FO, St Han, Leia, R2(Empire squad) Old Ben, Farmboy Luke, Finn, Rey, Bb-8(FO Squad) Veteran Han and Veteran Chewie. Add 2 jedi for Yoda. Untill you have all these, no point in farming anything else.
  • Options
    Its really hard to say, I would say as of right now start with bb8 and JTR squads. Unless your almost done with phoenix then finish them because I would not be a bit surprised if he popped up as soon as this event ends.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I started by unlocking content. All my squads were built for opening mods, obtaining toons [Phoenix for Thrawn] etc, and Credit Heist, plus pilots for Fleet.

Map your course for what you want to do. I am starting to no longer care for the rat race called Arena and focusing on raid characters because rewards from that give more for me.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Right now, I suggest prioritizing Phoenix. Not just getting Phoenix to seven star, but strong gear and maybe even a zeta, because the Thrawn event is pretty tough, and Phoenix can get you both Thrawn and Palpatine.

Right now, Empire in general and Palpatine leading a mixed Empire/Sith team in particular is very powerful. Palpatine and Thrawn are two of the best units in the game, and Vader is much more viable in the current meta. And, as Palpatine and Vader exist as Rebel counter, they will perform well when more people have CLS. Even at six and five stars, they are entirely usable. Palpatine lead, Thrawn, Vader is a good start, plus two. Candidates include Dooku, Stormtrooper, Grand Moff Tarkin as a convenience since he's most likely to be your capital ship commander, TIE Fighter Pilot (a better unit than you might expect, and has a good ship), and Darth Maul.

You don't necessarily know when events will drop, so always work toward them. The R2, Thrawn, and BB8 events in particular are tough fights requiring strong, well-geared teams. If you don't have a very solid First Order team already, then get Kylo Ren Unmasked to seven stars. He's much stronger than Phasma as a leader, and comes with a very good ship.

Work on Rebel ships, particularly the Ghost and Phoenix II, and their corresponding pilots. The Chimaera is the most powerful flagship, and will help you earn fleet credits and maybe even crystals.

Generally? Always work toward the prereqs for any legendaries or heroics you don't have yet. You may not be ready this time, but you can be ready next time. And there will always be a next time.

Once you have those down, consider farming Hoth Rebel Soldier and Captain Han to help your guild farm Leia Organa shards and Imperial Troopers to help your guild farm Imperial Probe Droid shards. Shoretrooper in particular is arguably the best Empire tank, able to slot comfortably into any Empire team, and their node includes one of the best ships in the game.

If your Scoundrel team hasn't gotten you seven stars in the highest tier of the credit heist yet, keep working on them. Specifically, Lando, Stormtrooper Han, and Boba Fett. The other two slots on your team are arbitrary, as those three can carry the fight once you get them where you need to be, but you'll probably have some modest investment in Clone Wars Chewie right now, and Cad Bane is probably the easiest fifth scoundrel to get.

Mods are always important and always powerful. If you get five characters' worth of very good mods, suddenly you can instantly become better at any event the game throws at you in a moment's notice. The two teams you're not gonna invest in for legendaries that are important for key mods are jawas and Resistance.

But basically? Pick a short list of priorities, and stick with them. A solid arena team is the best place to start. Whatever goals you set, stick to them and don't let last minute panic change your course.
    Still not a he.
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Options
    Osake wrote: »
    Backstory

I started the game off like any other uninformed player would have. I read nothing on it and just had fun. Then I decided to get down to business in January of 2018. I read the forums, I watched some game changers, and I started rebuilding with focus. My first goal was to get ready for Thrawn/Executrix, so I picked up what I could of the Phoenix squad and managed to get the 5* Thrawn finished. I then immediately jumped through the hoops to get a bare bones GMY and EP (actually managed to get EP 6* at the last minute thanks to some RNG). Okay, what's next?
    • Well, based on previous experience, JTRey then CLS. So I started farming FO to get BB-8 and pulling StHan and Leia from Arena. Mind you, my arena skill is terrible, but I did what I could.
    • Surprise, JTRey showed up early, so I tried for a bit, then realized 6* BB-8 was the extent of what I could shoot for... time to pivot and head down CLS lane.
    • Surprise! CLS is coming. There's no way I can get him, I still need several shards, so I'll get as much R2 as possible.

The past 3 months have been obnoxious... trying to play the game for fun and profit is neither fun or profitable.

tl;dr

Who should an overstretched and frustrated player be working towards... let's say by end of 2018? I don't have time to panic farm all the amazing characters. Best guess: Just guide me a little and tell me your opinion of who I should be actively working towards for the next 3 months.

Continue finishing the prerequisites for BB 8, R2, CLS, and Jedi training Rey. So you can guarantee you will get it next time
  • Options
    Well since the name changes to DN...

"A wound in the force" should be expected soon...

Will it be a Jedi or Sith event?
  • Options
    I'd second most of what every one is saying as far as Phoenix first. Thrawn should be back soon. I'm with you on farming I've been playing since maybe July last year so I was where you are at now a few months ago. I stuck to Phoenix, then went cls teams then jtr and now i have all 7* except Yoda cuz in really didn't feel like blowing credits on a 5th Jedi 7* yet lol. Use Phoenix for thrawn and ep and should be good to go. Luckily the teams you need to unlock legendaries are great Sith raid teams ie Phoenix, 1st order, empire etc.
  • Options
    Osake wrote: »
    Backstory

tl;dr

What is playing the game for profit.

Right now, focus all you got on Phoniex, beacause a 7 star thrawn is a Gamechanger. Then work on empire for r2d2, followed by either FO for BB8 or go for CLS.

Alternatively, you could skip r2 and go for BB8 and JTR. Just never stop focusing.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Try not to jump back and forth as these events pop up/change. It's annoying, yes, but Stay on Target as Red Leader would say. As others said, ensure you are ready to finish Thrawn next time he comes along. PHX is a good team to gear up, so don't be afraid to put some effort in there. After that, pick one and go with it. Probably R2/BB-8. The farming for the Vets needed for JTRey is tough. Not sure where you are on them, but prepare for that to take a while. And of course the FO farm has a couple toons in hard nodes only, so that's a slow farm as well.
  • Options
    Whatever you do, don't farm for any of the required legendary characters. That way when the legendary events happened you can complain that CG didn't give you 6 months notice
  • Options
    Nightsisters - look back in 3 months and thank me...
  • Options
    Farm tuskens
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Right now, I suggest prioritizing Phoenix. Not just getting Phoenix to seven star, but strong gear and maybe even a zeta, because the Thrawn event is pretty tough, and Phoenix can get you both Thrawn and Palpatine.

Right now, Empire in general and Palpatine leading a mixed Empire/Sith team in particular is very powerful. Palpatine and Thrawn are two of the best units in the game, and Vader is much more viable in the current meta. And, as Palpatine and Vader exist as Rebel counter, they will perform well when more people have CLS. Even at six and five stars, they are entirely usable. Palpatine lead, Thrawn, Vader is a good start, plus two. Candidates include Dooku, Stormtrooper, Grand Moff Tarkin as a convenience since he's most likely to be your capital ship commander, TIE Fighter Pilot (a better unit than you might expect, and has a good ship), and Darth Maul.

You don't necessarily know when events will drop, so always work toward them. The R2, Thrawn, and BB8 events in particular are tough fights requiring strong, well-geared teams. If you don't have a very solid First Order team already, then get Kylo Ren Unmasked to seven stars. He's much stronger than Phasma as a leader, and comes with a very good ship.

Work on Rebel ships, particularly the Ghost and Phoenix II, and their corresponding pilots. The Chimaera is the most powerful flagship, and will help you earn fleet credits and maybe even crystals.

Generally? Always work toward the prereqs for any legendaries or heroics you don't have yet. You may not be ready this time, but you can be ready next time. And there will always be a next time.

Once you have those down, consider farming Hoth Rebel Soldier and Captain Han to help your guild farm Leia Organa shards and Imperial Troopers to help your guild farm Imperial Probe Droid shards. Shoretrooper in particular is arguably the best Empire tank, able to slot comfortably into any Empire team, and their node includes one of the best ships in the game.

If your Scoundrel team hasn't gotten you seven stars in the highest tier of the credit heist yet, keep working on them. Specifically, Lando, Stormtrooper Han, and Boba Fett. The other two slots on your team are arbitrary, as those three can carry the fight once you get them where you need to be, but you'll probably have some modest investment in Clone Wars Chewie right now, and Cad Bane is probably the easiest fifth scoundrel to get.

Mods are always important and always powerful. If you get five characters' worth of very good mods, suddenly you can instantly become better at any event the game throws at you in a moment's notice. The two teams you're not gonna invest in for legendaries that are important for key mods are jawas and Resistance.

But basically? Pick a short list of priorities, and stick with them. A solid arena team is the best place to start. Whatever goals you set, stick to them and don't let last minute panic change your course.

this man said it perfectly. Do not jump from one team to another just because you cannot finish what you started (pun intended). Pick a path and stick with it.
  • Options
    Go with Phoenix first. When they are gear 9 or so you will be able to do all of the following:
    Thrawn
    Palpatine
    Phase 2 HAAT
    Phase 2 STR
    Top 500 in the arena
    Don't bother with Sabine. Her abilities look good, but she is squishy and is now ridiculously difficult to farm.
    Use Galactic War nodes to earn Zeb - after him start working on Wedge and Biggs (if not completed already); you will need solid Rebel ships to unlock Chimaera.

I would follow up by going for CLS toons. JTR is good, but CLS is usable in ANY team and can and will carry you a long way.

Next, if you aren't currently spending Cantina energy on anything else: Get Ren and Ren Unmasked. Also, farm whatever 3 other FO toons are easiest to you. KRU squad rocks BB-8 event.

Then the long long long grind for JTR. Veteran Han and Chewbacca will take time. I've been saving up crystals to use on refreshes in hopes that on May 4th we will get double nodes. If not, start pouring them into the store for the 16 shards that pop up. I suggest you do the same.
  • Options
    Sabine is still very much worth farming. She powers up the Phoenix II, frees up Ezra for use in other teams while leaving Phoenix fully functional, gives Zeb more expose/disorients to play with, and her armor shred is a potent tool in multiple contexts.

Her farm is slow, but it's on a twelve energy node. It's easy to keep going in the background while you do other things.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I've accepted it's going to take me the remaining months of the year to first get my FO chars geared up to get 7 star BB8, and then farm the two Vets, and then gear up everyone needed for JTR. But hey, I just got 7 star R2D2 and CLS, so.