Sion’s AoE being countered by characters with retribution?

Darth sion’s AoE ability dispells all buffs on the enemy team, so why are characters with retribution countering him? I don’t know if this is a bug or if it is intended to work like this. If it’s intended to work like this, it really makes no sense because all other characters that have buff-dispelling abilities can’t be countered due to retribution because, well, they remove it. So why is sion still being countered due to this?

Replies

• Options
    The order would appear to be attack first, then dispel. Not sure if that is the intended order or not. I'll have to look.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Options
    The order would appear to be attack first, then dispel. Not sure if that is the intended order or not. I'll have to look.

No he debuffs first then does damage
  • Options
    @LGuy_21

Any chance you can tell us which character you saw this with?
  • CamaroAMF
    1285 posts Member
    Options

No he debuffs first then does damage

Based off mechanics on swgoh.gg it’s damage first then dispel, then apply pain. His is different than say B2 or DT where the dispel is before the damage.
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    @LGuy_21

Any chance you can tell us which character you saw this with?

Was facing rex (l), gk, talzin, thrawn, and wampa. Everyone had tenacity up and retribution. No one was fractured. I used his AoE and everyone countered. Wampa I get, because he has his own counter chance, but take away the retribution and none of the other characters can counter attacks. But they all did anyway.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Log it as a bug in Answers HQ.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Log it as a bug in Answers HQ.

This.

The order of operations is spelled out and that should be cleansed, making retribution not possible.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>