CLS with Palpatine or CLS lead with rebels?

Ravib
106 posts Member
I finally got him. I have R2 and Old Ben and Ezra, but I really like using Palpatine. CLS will go extinct in a few months anyway. Should I use CLS rebels, Palpatine with CLS, or keep farming Empire? Empire teams hold the top ranks in my shard. Is zPalpatine better than CLS rebels? I don’t have enough materials for a zeta yet, but I’m close. EP or CLS to zeta?

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    CLS is actually much easier to handle if he isn't the lead. Palp's leadership ability naturally works better with Sith and empire, so you're probably better off working on your Empire team than trying to put those two together.

CLS is a solid lead in raids and obviously huge in LS TB. But as far as arena, he's all but extinct on older shards. He can't hold a candle to JTRey and now zPalp leaves them both in the dust.

(several edits for fat-fingered phone usage)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CLS is actually much easier to handle if he isn't the lead. Palp's leadership ability naturally works better with Sith and empire, so you're probably better off working on your Empire team than trying to put those two together.

CLS is a solid lead in raids and obviously huge in LS TB. But as far as arena, he's all but extinct on older shards. He can't hold a candle to JTRey and now zPalp leaves them both in the dust.

(several edits for fat-fingered phone usage)
    Thanks. I live in the 300-500 ranks. It is infested with CLS ans Wiggs and Chaze. I think zPalp will be better in my situation.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    lots of areas that aren't top of shards still are dominantly CLS. Sounds like you're in one of them.

Like Nikoms said, you'd be better off choosing one or the other. Depends on what you have and who you're farming. Link your account or just tell us

As for your zeta, it's Palp's lead or It Binds All Things
  • Options
    "CLS will go extinct in a few months anyway."

Please explain...
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    lots of areas that aren't top of shards still are dominantly CLS. Sounds like you're in one of them.

Like Nikoms said, you'd be better off choosing one or the other. Depends on what you have and who you're farming. Link your account or just tell us

As for your zeta, it's Palp's lead or It Binds All Things
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ravib/collection/
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    darthjeary wrote: »
    "CLS will go extinct in a few months anyway."

Please explain...
    Darth Traya, zEP, Sion...
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    CLS is actually a decent match up against Sion. The counters will feed Held By Hatred, but CLS can smack Sion with buff immunity (putting a damper on the whole zeta) or just ignore the taunt

Anyway, if you go Empire I recommend Palp, DV, Tarkin, GAT, and Shore. you could probably get away with dropping Shore for TFP if you wanted (or any non-Sith member, really)

If you go Rebels I'd go CLS, Ezra, Old Ben, R2/Leia and GAT. The exta Jedi will make you rather venerable to the upgraded Sith, but that's what you got.

I recommend the empire route

option 3 is prepping for whatever meta comes up next, but I'd just go Empire

Alternatively, whatever team ends up ousting Sith could be weak to titans or CLS teams. Just like how Rex is pretty good against the current Sith