Meta on a late December 2017 Shard / what to build now?

Hej.
My Shard is from the week after christmas eve. Most of the players a settled around Level 80. Myself Level 82 now, we have a few whales reached Level 85 this week and 2 Kraken that don t now what to do with there overpowered toons like JTR. I guess only a few on my shard will get CLS by now. Maybe 4 or 5 in the end. I think i will not get him by my self.
40 out of 50 Teams on our Arena Shard are running Darkside, mostly Empire Teams Lead by Palp or Thrawn. We have some Rex Lead Teams (like me) and 1 or 2 Wedge Teams and NS.
This so far is the story of the Shard ;-)

I was lucky to unlock General Kenobi last night as the first on my Shard and i brought him up to Gear Level 11. So he is ready for battle. But ... i don t know what kind of team to build around him with my current toons.

Till yesterday i played Rex(L) - Nihilius - Thrawn - Baze - Chirrut

i now running Rex(L) - GK - Thrawn - Baze - Chirrut

on defense:
it gives the Empires trouble to beat me down on defens but in the end, they can manage it most of the time, the meanings i get from mates playing it were: i have no DPS spender, so no really attacker that makes damage.
on offense: i take much longer now to finish my enemies, because of no Attacker, but i mostly reach it before battle time is over ;-) but it has no real fun.

so, and here is my main question:

can i make a better Squad out of my toons. What do you think going for my toons:

https://swgoh.gg/u/daskleinedickemaedchen/

i can give to toons: 12 omega abilities and 1 zeta. We only zeta that seems useful is Palp Lead i guess at Level 82.

Please help me with this situation, i m really struggled instead being happy with my new toon.

Thanks a lot!

Replies

• Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    GK should be enough of a tank on your shard at g11 to not have to run Chaze as well.

I would consider:

Rex (L) - DN - GK - Thrawn - Zolo/CLS if you have them

If you unlocked GK you would have nearly 7* Han Solo? Slap a zeta on him and let him go to town on your enemies in that setup.

If not - perhaps something like Zylo or JKA for dps
  • Options
    thats the point, i neither have CLS or Solo. i still need 20 Shards to unlock Han Solo (i m in a strong guild, so i always had 6 GK Shards, and mostly only 3 Solo Shards in Raids) and i will not get CLS this time. Have a look in my Rooster, my Kylo and JKA are too bad to go with.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Rex, GK, Thrawn and 2 attackers is a solid team. I'm running MT and EP as my attackers on an almost 2 year old shard. You could run EP and DN. Put max speed on Thrawn. If he goes first, have him swap TM with Rex, who then puts up tenacity up and grants TM to your team. However, chances are, that the enemy Vader will move first, in which case I fracture an enemy instead to not risk giving the enemy TM (through EP) when cleansing/swapping TM. My Rex mostly still moves before the enemy EP to put up tenacity up.
  • Options
    i thought about: Rex(L) - GK, Thrawn, DN, EP by myself. So you think that might work, right ;-) ?!
  • Options
    i tried Rex(L) - GK, Thrawn, DN, EP but it really does not work on defense. i now fall faster than before :(

any other options? Maybe R2 instead of EP?
  • Options
    I am on dec 17 shard as well and our composition looks like yours. As the majority of the players in top 20 use palpy led darkside teams mix of empire/sith (just one pure nightmare as not many have sith troopers with many stars as hes only farmable 83+).

With that said my tactic on my shard is have a team that can beet palpy teams on the climb and then avoid others. As nightsisters/chaze/bigs /rex combo require different toons to win over best way.

So whut you gotta do now when server getting diversified is analyze whut team you wanna make. I belive you could make a nightmare team with gk insteed of SithT or make a team of wedge/biggs/R2/gk/chaze would be best.

I have the same problems wich toons to focus on and build around. I have come to conclusion i like play with a few toons who kills very fast and thats why i have em in my arena team, couse i enjoy play em insteed of play ultra META best team possible :)
  • Options
    Oh and about rex, I think hes useless. Hes way to overhyped on youtube/forums. I just use 3 star sion againt those teams and wait for him to put up tenacity and then just use tourment. Rex has low hp, bad damage and is pretty slow. I wouldn't build a arena team around a character who is so easy to silence.
  • Options
    I think you are doing well - 1st in arena for your shard.

Just keep on getting 7* on your current arena squad and get to g12.

You might want to start collecting Wampa shards as many and as fast as you can as well.
  • Options
    Rex, thrawn, nihilus, gk, r2
  • Options
    Rex, thrawn, nihilus, gk, r2

whats what im runnin at the moment. perfect on offense, i can beat every team, but not so good on defense :(
  • Options
    Now our Shard hast his first CLSs and JTRs in the Top 50. And i will not activitae CLS this time around so i m thinking of switching to the most popular Palpatine Deck i can build. (status quo: i still win every battle on offense with my Rex(L) - GK - Thrawn - DN - R2 but falling on defense)

zPalp(L) - Vader - DN - Thrawn - GK

im Level 82 , near 83 so i cant get the unique zeta abilities on DN and Thrawn by now. so LEader zeta on Palp is the only avaible. My GK is Gear 11 so absolutely fine. And i have the only one GK ready on the shard by now.
    But, and now comes the point, there are still 40 other Empire Squads in Top 50.

So my questions are:

I m giving advantage to the enemy Vaders, because of using General Kenobi as my tank, but does his abilities counter this for good? Is he better than a Shore- or Sithtrooper in our younger shard?

And if i go for it, who should be my fastest toon Thrawn or Vader?

other options for teams:

Rex(L) - Chaze - GK - Thrawn
    Rex(L) - Chaze - GK - R2
    Rex(L) - Wiggs - GK - R2

or do you find any other Squads that will keep me in the Top 10.

https://swgoh.gg/u/daskleinedickemaedchen/

thanks a lot again for advice!
  • LaksonVell
    421 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The thing is, every squad can be beaten when AI controls it. The good thing for you is your GK. While you can still be beaten, people will ignore you over others who are beaten more easily.
    staying top 10 trough the whole payout cycle is mighty unlikely unless you have a g12 NS team. As long as you stay around top 20 you are good. What I've been doing is checking arena a few times a day and bumping my rank up when I fall below rank 15. As long as you are in top 20, you only have about 30 people per 24 hour cycle to fight with. If you drop around rank 30 that is already 50-60 people, so your chances to keep falling increase exponentially.
    That is all I can say about this really. I tried improving your team but I found nothing. It's rounded up alright, maybe I'd swap nihilus out for some faster attacker but I am not a 3 mill GP player so I cannot say that much on that topic. But bumping my rank up every now and then worked for me for the past month.
  • DarthHanse
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    sure. i do the same thing. beware of dropping out of Top 10 works normally, today was the first day i dropped out of Top 12 for weeks, down to 15. so this is why i thought they "now my squad" now.
    So most of them play there Empire without any Zeta and i can go for zPalp immediatly. Would this be a advantage on defense?
    but if i keep Rex Team, so i guess Nihilius have to be swap out. but which toon can i bring in instead??? Raid Han is still 5 weeks away and i will not get CLS by now.
  • Options
    Can't you just use an offense team than use a better defense team ?

Chaze is great on defense + you have GK, maybe add Talzin and Zombie as well to scare people away
  • Options
    sure. i thought about setting something like Rex(L) - GK - Chaze - Thrawn or R2 on Defense. What do you think? Thrawn or R2?
  • Options
    DarthHanse wrote: »
    sure. i thought about setting something like Rex(L) - GK - Chaze - Thrawn or R2 on Defense. What do you think? Thrawn or R2?

Thrawn AI was proven to be bad. So definitely R2. When I fight against him he ussually swaps people I fractured, doesn't even fracture himself sometimes.
  • Options
    i think the AI does not understand how to play my team on defense :-P
  • Options
    Do you guys think that Rex(L) - GK - Chaze - R2 will perform good on offense as well or will i have problems to beat my enemies in time because of the lack of an attacker?! Or maybe i could put DN instead of R2 for more offense as DN is protected by 3 cleaners.
  • Options
    I don't see how that team would beat anyone, it would just be annoying.

Do you have Zolo ? (You could swap him for GK).

• Options
    no Zolo here. if i had Zolo i have no problems ;-)