Sion Cross Mod: best primary

Luniz
359 posts Member
What's the best primary to use on Sion's multiplexer mod? Tenacity? Offense? Defense? Protection?

Replies

• Options
    I would say Potency, since so much of his kit revolves around Pain. If you don't apply it, you're missing out.
  • Options
    I went with speed, so that might explain why I'm missing out
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I went with speed, so that might explain why I'm missing out

Just talking about the cross mod here, theres no Speed primaries for the cross/plus shaped mod in the bottom right corner. The options are Health/Defense/Offense/Protection/Potency/Tenacity.

I'd recommend a Potency cross, even under EP's lead with the +35% potency bonus, you're really going to want to make sure he sticks Pain.
  • Options
    Tenacity
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Unless your opponents are all modding for Tenacity, you really wouldn’t need to put a Potency cross. Sion base is about 40% and under EP lead is 75%. In order for opponents to have any effect on resisting, they’d need at least above 90% Tenacity. Maybe you can stick in a Potency set if you’re not feeling that confident about it.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Protection. My 4* g10 Sion modded with the best speed mods I can muster (210) has 39.5k protection and 21k health. Also you must zeta him. Make such a massive difference he is getting hatred 3 times per battle. He timed out a g12 CLS and neither could kill the other.
  • DoOrDoNot
    99 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Is this a trick question?

I thought any mod you have with best speed secondary is the way to go - except arrow mod which needs speed primary.
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    Does potency really help? I have 95% on Palp and he misses shock 9/10 times.

Funny. I have really high tenacity on my nightmare squad and 4/5 get stunned all the time.
  • Options
    The correct number is: 42

High potency : pain barely landed
    High tenacity : get stunned

I think if we put number 42% in potency or tenacity, he will magically do his job. Cause 42 is the answer of everything
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I'd go protectoin. Between the zeta, Palp lead, and the aoe there is usually enough pain around for me.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    I’m going to go Potency. Protection is normally wanted for tanks.. but! In his case, if he lands Pain, it’s basically another form of protection +100% defense and it covers +100% tenacity.

At that point you need neither protection nor tenacity.

Also, he revived with health, not protection. Protection becomes a little less useful as the battle goes on, but Potency lasts he whole battle.

All theory, but one I’ve been thinking on for a while now, Traya here I come!
  • Options
    With palp lead health or protection. I run health. Just depends on which is the better mod. I use 2 health (circle and cross) and one protection (triangle). Health is important to him. Protection is important to him. Yes he is revived with only health but his special gives protection back. And if you use Thrawn he gives % protection. That's why I use both. And I run 4 speed/ 2 potency to give Sion somewhere around 55% potency to give him a healthy balance.
  • Options
    Go for protection, I have him at 40k protection and rarely see him die in arena. His base potency is so high you'll more than likely land pain without any issues under an EP (L)
  • GGYY
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Tenacity.

He is unkillable unless he is stun locked or ability blocked... There will always be enemies without pain or self cleanses. The toughest Sion has is a tenacity modded one that just moves towards held by hatred, disregarding all your shocks/stuns/ab along the way.