My turn to complain

The Sith Raid is too hard! GW is too easy! TW matchmaking is terrible! GW is too hard! You only gave us x number of days notice for toon whatitsface! I can't get anywhere in Arena now that <insert toon> is Meta!

OK, now that all the obligatory complaints are out of the way, I just want to say thank you to the Devs (and Mods) for your work and putting up with us... this sometimes entitled, childish, bunch of us.

Not that all complaints are unwarranted. The are, from time to time, problems that need to genuinely be addressed of course. But despite the many comments about how the Devs are greedy, self-serving, or antipathetic, I usually see true issues with the game itself dealt with in a fairly straightforward (if not always transparent) manner. They can't always be transparent. The more they detail about the core mechanics and numbers underlying the functions, the more it's open to gaming the system. It's already more of a min/max numbers game than it should be in my opinion, but it is what it is.

We complain a lot about the things we don't have as if they're owed to us. If those things are given to us, we immediately complain about how hard it is, or how long it takes, or how many times you have to touch the "button" on the screen. We complain that everything new is geared towards the High End characters.. and while there's some validity to that, who should they make it for? The level 70's who are begining to stop logging in because it takes more than a day to level? The New guild doing HPit and struggling towards HAAT? Or the Whale guild that's so bored of HAAT that half of them no longer bother to even log a 0 because they bought everything they needed?

I do understand the frustration in a general way... I'm strictly F2P, I made many bad decisions early on in the game due to my own negligent ignorance, and I personally loathe TW due to a few bad experiences with it, so I'm never going to see top 10 in my shard or anything and It's unlikely I'll ever get to do more than tier 4 of the Sith Raid. But that's not the Dev's fault. I own that.

This is a game. Don't sweat the small stuff. And in the end... it's ALL small stuff.
Please keep all insults to under 500 words.
Please use proper grammar when insulting OP.
In lieu of insults, posters are encouraged to donate to their local ASPCA.

"It's not who wins or loses that counts. It's who's keeping score." - Solomon Short
This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever

Replies

• Options
    No comment, really, but I wanted to say that I really liked your post.
    It flows very well, and is interesting to read.
    I also agree with the majority, if not all, of what you said.
    I don’t recall ever seeing your profile pic before (I don’t remember names), so if you’re new-ish to posting, nice to meet you. If you’ve been around forever, even my girlfriend says I’m not very observant.

Keep up the great posting.
  • Options
    Tl;Dr this guy works for cg
  • Options

My thoughts exactly... Lol
  • Options

My thoughts exactly... Lol

I'm not an actor... But I play one on T.V.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    No offense but I've seen better posts trying to defend EA. There are still so many things to fix, so many things to add, and the developers just can't do it all or they don't want to for whatever reason, so there are going to be complaints
  • Options
    No offense taken. However, With the glaring exception of TW match-ups being so imbalanced, I don't see much that really needs fixing. Just people upset that they have to grind in a grinding game (Why all the useless gear?!). Or mad that their particular method of advancing isn't as easy/simple as they'd like ( Ridiculous that I should have to refresh 20 times to fight the lowest position in arena each time. I missed my payout because it wouldn't just let me fight the lowest rank I can get to at will. Again!!). Or that they weren't given 2 weeks notice before a recurring event comes back.

Except for TW these things all seem to to be WAI, so no need to fix them.

As for adding content, I somehow doubt with all the licensing and promotional and legal footwork needed between all the companies which shall not be named, that it's as easy as "just add Revan", or "just enable ship hardware already" (for example) That doesn't even touch game balance, meta vs non-meta, where to acquire gear/shards, fitting it into the rest of the (likely) predetermined release schedule, etc etc.

Besides... I'm sure they're too busy working on Handmaiden and Atris to do much else at the moment.
    *nods to himself knowingly*
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to write out your thoughts instead of posting a link to a YouTube video.