Do I need a new arena team?

My arena team up until this point has been:

(L) Captain Phasma
Boba Fett
Royal Guard
Unmasked Kylo
TFP

I am about to unlock wedge at five stars. I will probably Farm him up to 7 as quickly as possible because of his usefulness in the rancor raid. That said, it seems like I should head in a new direction and form a team around wedge and Biggs.

If I form a team around wedge and Biggs who should I use?

7 star Boba (Gear 8)
7 Star sthan (Gear 8)
7 Star RG (Gear 7)
6 star Vader (gear 8)
5 star Ackbar (gear 7) **leadership for big speed increase??
6 star R2 (gear 8)
7 star tfp (gear 9)
6 star kylo (gear 7)
5 star kylo unmasked (gear 8)

I also have 7 star Lando and Leai but they are clear back at gear 6.

I'm leaning towards Boba, Sthan, and maybe Vader... R2 could be decent at 6 stars with the right mods instead of Vader??

Replies

• Options
    I saw you just posted you like FO SF tie pilot but you're not using him? If you like FO and switch your team to KRU(L), kylo, foo, FO SF tie pilot and either FO tie pilot or FO storm trooper
  • Options
    If you want Wiggs team, I would go with

Wedge ( Lead)
    Biggs
    StHan ( zeta if you can)
    R2 ( priority on both zeta)
    Leia

Good luck
  • Options
    If you run wiggs, your best bet would be for Wedge (L), Biggs, StHan, Ackbar for the TM and cleanse, and Lando.Wedge Biggs and Lando alone can outdamage most arena, and Han keep them alive. Ackbar is there for TM, cleanse, and calling assist. He can also do a decent job leading if you feel a little slow, or are lacking good mods.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    With what you have, you'll probably want to run Wedge lead, Biggs, St Han, then get Lando and Leia geared up as soon as possible. You'll be dealing so much damage that you'll tear through teams like wet tissue paper at your level. Until they're geared, use Boba. His execute will let you dispel a taunter on your opponent, and he's quick enough to get some good ability blocks in first.

Edit - didn't see you had r2. It's super clutch especially when you reach zetas. R2 should replace Lando or Leia and zeta number crunch as soon as you can. It'll boost your entire team.
  • Options
    Lol when I looked at his team I thought this was a crazy necro post
  • Options
    Huh?
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    Lol when I looked at his team I thought this was a crazy necro post

What??
  • Options
    I just saw the phasma lead and Kylo boba royal guard and that was a really common team like a year and a half ago
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    I just saw the phasma lead and Kylo boba royal guard and that was a really common team like a year and a half ago

Haha. It has worked fairly well thus far.
  • Options
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »

Wedge ( Lead)
    Biggs
    StHan ( zeta if you can)
    Leia

Good luck

THIS - absolutely definitely.

And Leia is your MVP. She is absolutely awesome.
  • Eximus1104
    29 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »

Wedge ( Lead)
    Biggs
    StHan ( zeta if you can)
    Leia

Good luck

THIS - absolutely definitely.

And Leia is your MVP. She is absolutely awesome.

This is exactly what someone in my guild told me to do. Problem is that wedge and Biggs are apparently very hard to gear up.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t let gear difficulty deter you. IMO, all the characters are difficult to push beyond gear level 8 or 9. It’s basically choosing your poison at that level. Biggs has one of the best ships. Wedge’s ship is squishy but can turn the tide coming off the bench.