Darth Vader's speed boost bugged?

I have a First Order team that I use in the arena, and I go against these Palpatine teams with Vader. I know Vader has the unique ability that gives him 8 speed for each Sith/Empire ally, Rebel/Jedi enemy. The Darth Vader on the opposing team had 196 speed. His allies give him 32. That's 228 in total. KRU on my team has 221 + 30 speed boost from the leadership. This totals up to 251. However, Darth Vader goes first. Obviously, a Palpatine team that goes first is tough to beat due to the debuffs. However, Vader's speed is not higher than KRU. I think Vader may be getting more of speed boost that I am not aware of. Anyone have an explanation? Is it bugged? I don't think Palpatine gives speed but rather turn meter after debuffs occur.

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Vader can get the following additional speeds:

+8 vader’s Empire tag
    +8 vader’s Sith tag
    +8 palpatine’s empire tag
    +8 palpatine’s Sith rag
    +8 (24) from another 3 Sith or empire (no more overlaps available

Total: +56 speed from unique with the proposed team composition

Moved to Character Strategy
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Both Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine are Sith and Empire. This grants 16 speed each. That's the +32 you've mentioned. What's the rest of the team? I'm guessing you didn't count the two twice and there are two other Sith/Empire. That gets him to 244. I'm sure with both full team comps shared the community can figure the rest.
  • Options
    I understand now. So Palpatine and Vader would be 32 just by themselves. The rest of the team was Empire (Thrawn, RG, TFP). Thanks for the information.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Your FOO should be easier to get to higher speed so maybe move your speed mods to him and then use marching orders in whoever you want.
  • Options
    It certainly feels like Vader's speed is not improved. Mine has 203 plus 40 for him, EP and Thrawn. Going up against 5 Rebels, he should get another 40, giving 283. However, he hardly seems to get a turn against a speed 175 CLS.

Maybe I need to video a battle so I can see what really happens. (And yes I do understand how turn meter works :) stats vs rng and guess which wins....
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    It certainly feels like Vader's speed is not improved. Mine has 203 plus 40 for him, EP and Thrawn. Going up against 5 Rebels, he should get another 40, giving 283. However, he hardly seems to get a turn against a speed 175 CLS.

Maybe I need to video a battle so I can see what really happens. (And yes I do understand how turn meter works :) stats vs rng and guess which wins....
    Probably because CLS gets 10% TM when a rebel gets some damage. In this case, Vador’s dots are a double edged sword as they’ll give a lot of TM to CLS regardless of his base speed.