Character classes missed

I may just be an HK-47 nut, but I think he's been robbed of some potential. Even though he was assassin driod I think it's unfair to deny him the bounty hunter class, and this is more of a stretch but I think he deserves to be rolled into the Sith category as well. All the dialoge with him and the bodycounts he claims, all in the service of Revan (a character I hope someday makes his/her way into the game maybe in 2 versions one light one dark). Also on the subject of missed classes, IG-86 isn't a bounty hunter? I mean come on. I'm sure there are others that have crossed my mind but those 2 are fixes (maybe not the sith thing) that should be addressed a.s.a.p.

Or am I just trying to use driods more than is curently useful?

Replies

• Options
    On topic, but not in the same way as you I guess. I think the definition of a tank is the ability to taunt, so anyone with a tank tag who can't taunt is labeled wrong.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    On topic, but not in the same way as you I guess. I think the definition of a tank is the ability to taunt, so anyone with a tank tag who can't taunt is labeled wrong.

While I see where you are going (and it does make some sense), I think the broader idea of "tank" is someone that can take a lot of damage and/or "control" the battle. While taunt is a very powerful way to control a battle (and, indeed, in the current high-dps times we are in, possibly the best), it's not the only way.

As an example, Old Ben didn't used to have a taunt, yet even then, he was an effective tank with his leadership ability and mind tricks to control the control the opponent. JTRey is built in a similar (but even more potent) way. Zeb, with daze on his basic, stagger and protection up is a solid tank as well. B2 is another solid tank who has been meta (a long time ago) who doesn't have a taunt.

That's a pretty solid (and non-exhaustive) list of tanks that don't taunt and yet still protect their team well by controlling the battle.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Usually

Tanks HP>Speed
    Supports: Speed>Attack
    Attackers: Attack>HP

• Options
    While on that subject, why is Mace a Tank? If he had a taunt/cleanse he would be a little more useful to Jedi, but his kit is more like an attacker, so why is he a tank? Sometimes the tags don't make sense.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    While on that subject, why is Mace a Tank? If he had a taunt/cleanse he would be a little more useful to Jedi, but his kit is more like an attacker, so why is he a tank? Sometimes the tags don't make sense.

I agree with this. Mace is poorly tagged (well, honestly, he's just a poor kit).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Mace is only worth leveling if you run the Endurance as the head of your fleet.