If bounty hunters get a rework keep these things in mind!

Greedo being the login character of the month smells like BH rework. If this is the case then I want the devs to take a couple things into account.

1. Give them more thermal detonators and rework how they work a bit. Thermal detonators should not be resisted unless there's a foresight. I'm tired of having characters resisting them. Thermal detonators should not be cleansed, they should be able to deal damage when someone attempts to cleanse them, otherwise they are gonna be useless with so many ways to cleanse stuff in this game.

Also thermal detonators should apply "panic", I mean I would panic if a an explosive was stuck on my body. With panic characters should have a high chance to miss their attacks, allowing for more evasion by the bounty hunters.

These changes will help bounty hunters alot in p1 of the sith raid where we really need it.

2. Don't give them too many AOEs, that would severely hurt their usefulness in arena as counter attacks are too strong. CLS would just whipe the floor with them. Make sure you either add some mass stealth mechanic like R2, which would be characteristic of bounty hunters, or give them some AOE that can't be countered.

3. We need a decently tank for the faction. Last thing I want is a bounty Hunter team with General Kenobi as their 5th. Give em a solid tank there are many.

4. Consider adding an uncleansable debuff related to harpooning or stun cuffs. One that either prevents the target from counter attacking or causes a locked stun or daze or something along these lines.

5. Don't give them class counters. We don't want bounty Hunters being specific counters to factions. For example how Can Bane's kit works great against Jedi. This is usually a bad thing because it makes their kit weaker against other classes in order to compensate. Bounty hunters did deal with Jedi alot but their targets were unrelated to the Jedi.

6. Don't forget to add ships with them, we need some variety on fleet and what a better way to do it than to add a few new ships, this is a great opportunity to add some bounty Hunter ships that counter the evasion meta and allow for some skill over rng on fleet.

7. Don't forget the separatists. Yes I'd love a bounty Hunter rework but guess who needs a rework just as badly, General Grievous! Don't let this distract you from the fact that separatists need a rework as well.

And never forget, Han shot first!

Replies

  • Kyno
    19211 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • I think these faction should get a rework generally:
    • Bounty hunters
    • Jedi (because of too much Anti-Jedi abilities)
    • Separatists

    SWGoH got only one Bounty Hunter as a tank. I think Embo is the one who is not available for players only as a NPC.

    If you want a bounty hunter besides a Jedi I suggested to use Latts Razzi, Embo or Sugi because they stand together with General Kenobi, JKA and Ahsoka Tano in some episodes in SW The Clone Wars.
  • Would be cool if Scoundrels/Bounty Hunters spanned Light and Dark Side. Like having a Scoundrel Jedi, or an Empire Bounty Hunter.
  • Bounty Hunters in star wars are definitely not light side
  • BazeMalbus wrote: »
    1. Give them more thermal detonators and rework how they work a bit. Thermal detonators should not be resisted unless there's a foresight. I'm tired of having characters resisting them. Thermal detonators should not be cleansed, they should be able to deal damage when someone attempts to cleanse them, otherwise they are gonna be useless with so many ways to cleanse stuff in this game.

    Also thermal detonators should apply "panic", I mean I would panic if a an explosive was stuck on my body. With panic characters should have a high chance to miss their attacks, allowing for more evasion by the bounty hunters.

    I'm not an expert but I believe you ask too much of the thermal detonators mechanic. You have Boba lead that actually incentives you to build potency on all your bounty hunters, I don't see how you would be so tired of having them resisted. Still, if you have to face a team with tenacity up why would you pick your heavily dependant on debuffs team? Or you could simply try to burst that character o cleanser first before applying the debuffs? I don't dislike the idea of having them trigger prematurely if a cleanse fails, though (let's say give them a 30% chance to trigger, 70% to get cleansed. Maybe even dealing a portion of the damage to the cleanser?)

    If you make them completely unresistable they would have to dramatically nerf damage. It's a high risk- high reward mechanic, can do a lot of damage if succes, or can be cleansed...

    About the panic thing. Lol. Maybe it sounds logic but... Wouldn't you panic also with a squad of angry sith jumping at your face with their sabers and shock storms? Or even a bunch of angry ewoks, lol.

    What I would like to see is bountyhunters using flamethrowers, carbonitethrowers and more of that kind of advanced technology stuff that gives them the edge :D
Sign In or Register to comment.