Turn order and speed

Nicho
69 posts Member
edited March 2018
So I'm trying to figure out why the turn order was different when I fight the same arena team twice in a row. They're a Palp team, I'm a cls Han chaze r2 dinosaur...
I almost always stun Vader with Han, then my cls spd 225 goes to dispel whoever is taunting, then chirrut spd 227 goes and gives tenacity up which usually means game over.
But this palp went before chirrut and stunned everyone... Even tho his speed is 221.
I recorded the next fight, but this time Thrawn went first on his team, and I got tenacity up before palp... And won
I'm confused as to why...
Any thing I'm overlooking here?

Replies

• Options
    Empire and sith gain tm every time negative effects expire on ur team
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    it would help if you listed all members on each team.

guessing, but you have R2 and opponent had Nihilus.
    - Han gets health down, cleanses it on his crit due to R2 and this causes TM gain for the opponents team
  • Nicho
    69 posts Member
    Options
  • Nicho
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @Kyno , you probably hit the nail on the head!
    And I feel a little star struck to have you reply to my thread
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nicho wrote: »
    Thanks Kyno , you probably hit the nail on the head!
    And I feel a little star struck to have you reply to my thread

just here to help.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Also: RNG will add a random aspect to beginning TM order in addition to core (and modded) speed values. So, speed is definitely important, and will heavily influence who goes first, but it is not the end-all definitive determining factor.
    Also, great strategy input from Kyno ^^

EDIT: this just in, I’m being told I’m full of kitten and am dead wrong about RNG in regards to speed values - stay tuned for the real story, when we find out definitively from more research!
    Post edited by Fauztin on
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Also: RNG will add a random aspect to beginning TM order in addition to core (and modded) speed values. So, speed is definitely important, and will heavily influence who goes first, but it is not the end-all definitive determining factor.
    Also, great strategy input from Kyno ^^

EDIT: this just in, I’m being told I’m full of kitten and am dead wrong about RNG in regards to speed values - stay tuned for the real story, when we find out definitively from more research!

Lol, what research? Turn order is simple math. RNG only comes into play when more than one character hits 100 percent turn meter at the same time. This is happening more often because there are so many teams with TM manipulation and because those teams are generally very strong and compete for the meta.