Any tips just started!

Hey guys just created a account today and just wondering like which character should i get and which character i should i avoid getting and other general tips!

Replies

• Options
    Read some adaptive guides here and also go to youtube and search..there are a couple of extremely good ones.
    I myself found warrior's (nickname in youtube) guide to be amazing!
  • Options
    Thank you so much bro, i'm going to check out the adaptive guides and the youtube guide you told me right now. :)
  • Options
    Start by getting Phoenix characters--not to pigeon hole you into one team, but because they're the most efficient path to take early on--then unlock 5 scoundrels (doesn't matter who/which, but I'd recommend Lando, Boba Fett, ST:H + 2). For your dark side team use a hodgepodge of characters until you're further along and can branch out to Empire/First Order.

Otherwise, the best tip I can give you is: patience. This game is a bit of a marathon, and if you want to enjoy it for a long time then pace yourself appropriately. Sketch out a long term plan--I'd recommend by starting to get your legendary characters--and conserve your resources (level and invest only in the teams you need).

Good luck, and have fun!
  • Options
    Start by getting Phoenix characters--not to pigeon hole you into one team, but because they're the most efficient path to take early on--then unlock 5 scoundrels (doesn't matter who/which, but I'd recommend Lando, Boba Fett, ST:H + 2). For your dark side team use a hodgepodge of characters until you're further along and can branch out to Empire/First Order.

Otherwise, the best tip I can give you is: patience. This game is a bit of a marathon, and if you want to enjoy it for a long time then pace yourself appropriately. Sketch out a long term plan--I'd recommend by starting to get your legendary characters--and conserve your resources (level and invest only in the teams you need).

Good luck, and have fun!

Thank you bro, how long would it take to get the whole phoenix squad and would they be good for arena.
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I do not remember how long it took for me to farm phoenix, but you can farm all, but Sabine the fastest. Sabine is on a hard node. They are great as they are how you will unlock Thrawn! They are good for arena, but you really do not seem them for long in the arena are your leaderboard grows.

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/ this is a great website and tool to view what teams other players use it can help you decide on who you want to use in Arena. Rex has generally been a good leader for arena since this game's launch.

As for the crystals you collect from completing all the daily objectives and galactic war I recommend spending those on energy refreshes to complete more battles or saving them for gear pieces you need for your characters.

Another big part of the game is guilds. I highly suggest you search for a guild as this is greatly help you progress quickly. When searching for a guild keep in mind how often you play the game. If you are spending about 600 energy a day then try and join a very active guild. This way you can make the best use of earning as much guild currency as you can to spend on characters or gear pieces.

Also remember to have fun and make this game your journey. If you really want specific characters to play with get them and have fun do not feel like you have to find characters to make you number 1 in the Arena, unless that is something that drives you without it feeling like a chore.
  • Options
    JorSWGOH wrote: »

Good luck, and have fun!

Thank you bro, how long would it take to get the whole phoenix squad and would they be good for arena.

It shouldn't take longer than a week or two to get the squad, depending on your level. You can easily get Hera and Ezra before you even unlock arena--Chopper can be hit or miss, but you should be able to get him too--Kanan might take a little longer, depending on your arena rank once you unlock Squad Arena, and you can get Zeb within two days of unlocking Galactic War (depending on whether you finish it and how often you hit the store up). It shouldn't take longer than a month or two--depending on whether you segway to unlocking scoundrels right after you unlock Phoenix, your arena rank/galactic war completion/energy refreshes, when you start and whether you let yourself get distracted--to seven star the entire team

Phoenix is decent in arena until you get to the 60-75 range (keep investing in them, even if they aren't your arena team, until they're seven starred G8 and have their uniques omega'd for the Thrawn event; you probably won't need that much for Palpatine), which is when you'll either want to transition to classic rebels or Empire.
  • Options
    If your looking for a loyal guild to join, check us out at "MandalorinBandits ". We welcome players of all levels. We just ask for loyalty. Too many people join to get free gear. We support each other. Good luck. Hope to see you
  • Options
    Phoenix.

Old School Rebels (Wedge, Biggs, Leia, STHan...Boba or Lando ((not rebels I know))).

Empire- to get R2.

Scoundrels for heists - just 3 will do.

Watch lots of videos and read lots of websites :)
  • Options
    Phoenix.

Old School Rebels (Wedge, Biggs, Leia, STHan...Boba or Lando ((not rebels I know))).

Empire- to get R2.

Scoundrels for heists - just 3 will do.

Watch lots of videos and read lots of websites :)

Thank you bro. :)
  • Options
    Hemi2004 wrote: »
    If your looking for a loyal guild to join, check us out at "MandalorinBandits ". We welcome players of all levels. We just ask for loyalty. Too many people join to get free gear. We support each other. Good luck. Hope to see you

Will do thanks bro.
  • Options

Good luck, and have fun!

It shouldn't take longer than a week or two to get the squad, depending on your level. You can easily get Hera and Ezra before you even unlock arena--Chopper can be hit or miss, but you should be able to get him too--Kanan might take a little longer, depending on your arena rank once you unlock Squad Arena, and you can get Zeb within two days of unlocking Galactic War (depending on whether you finish it and how often you hit the store up). It shouldn't take longer than a month or two--depending on whether you segway to unlocking scoundrels right after you unlock Phoenix, your arena rank/galactic war completion/energy refreshes, when you start and whether you let yourself get distracted--to seven star the entire team

Phoenix is decent in arena until you get to the 60-75 range (keep investing in them, even if they aren't your arena team, until they're seven starred G8 and have their uniques omega'd for the Thrawn event; you probably won't need that much for Palpatine), which is when you'll either want to transition to classic rebels or Empire.

Thank you bro also is it best to invest in chopper or leave him out and focus on getting sabine instead and also which characters should i avoid getting.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Good luck, and have fun!

Thank you bro also is it best to invest in chopper or leave him out and focus on getting sabine instead and also which characters should i avoid getting.

Sabine is the harder farm--she's only on a single hard node, which is 60 energy/day with a maximum rate of 5 shards/day without refreshing the node; you're more likely to get 1 to 3/day-but you will eventually need her for the Phantom II (which is great for early/mid-range feet arena and required for the Chimaera event). The rate you farm Chopper depends on the rate you spend Cantina energy; he's generally a much faster farm than Sabine, and a more defensive choice.

As far as characters you want to avoid go? Characters that you can't use for much of anything yet, or detract from your focus in preparing for other areas of the game. You want to build teams like Phoenix--which give you a lot of bang for your buck; Nix are good/required for so much it's kind of ridiculous--and those required for your other Legendary events, then perhaps branch out into the required teams for Territory Battles, then characters you just think might be fun to play with (protip: until Greivous gets his much-needed rework he isn't really any good).

You'll wind up collecting a large assortment of characters whether you try to get them or not. As far as sketching out a plan goes: unlock Phoenix -> unlock Scoundrels (you need 5 by level 60 or so) -> seven star Phoenix -> start collecting/unlocking/gearing pilots for Fleet Arena (unlocks at level 60); prioritize dark side/rebel pilots -> start working on your Empire team for R2-D2 (you get two from Phoenix, a third from achievements, a fourth from fleet training, and can easily pick up a fifth to bring along for the ride) -> start building the rest of your A New Hope team to get CLS -> flesh out your First Order team for BB-8 (you should already have KRU, FOTFP, and FOSFTFP just for ships) -> start building your Resistance team for JTR (you won't be able to get started on Vets until you hit level 83) -> focus on guild events/raids/arena as desired/required.

You have access to a handful of pilots early: Vader, Boba Fett, Kylo Ren (Unmasked), FOSFTFP, FOTFP, ****'s, Phoenix characters. Vader and Fett's ships are fairly slow to farm. You can get KRU's ship at the same time you farm him, SFTF/P from the guild store (you can probably work on unlocking him now), FOTFP from fleets, Biggs from GW (honestly once you hit 60 spend all your GW credits on ships). You need 5 dark side ships at 5* and an additional 3 ships at 5*+ to get access to the Ship Ability Mats Challenge which drops zeta materials; it's first available at level 78. I suggest you use rebel ships to fill the spaces--though Jedi Consular or Ahsoka Tano's ships may be easier and more effective for Fleet arena--because you need Ghost + Phantom II + 3 other rebel ships (you'll also need 5 or more light side ships at 5* + to upgrade Home One; you'll need more to seven star Home One though) for Chimaera.

I'm sleepy rambling about SW:GOH; I hope that was helpful. God save me.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the forums @JorSWGOH ! There are a lot of resources for new players in the New Players section of the forums:

New Player Index: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154737/new-player-index/p1
    Your resource all sorts of useful new player threads such as the monthly event calendar, Game Changer listing with their YouTube page, moderator information, a beginner's guide to ships, and Borrow a Hero threads where people are willing to let you borrow their maxed out characters such as Thrawn, Commander Luke Skywalker or General Obi Wan Kenobi as your ally toon for Light side, Dark side or Cantina battles

New Player Farming Guide: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154847/new-player-farming-guide-2018/p1
    A collection of YouTube videos by the Game Changer to help beginner players.

Reoccurring Events and Characters Required: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154696/reoccurring-events-and-characters-required-index/p1
    A listing of what events are reoccurring, what characters, levels, and stars are required, along with recommended gear levels. Please note reoccurring events do not usually have a lot of warning of when the event will occur, so if you see a character you really want on the list, note what is required and farm accordingly.

SWGOH Acronym Guide: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154048/guide-to-the-acronyms-and-terms-of-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-swgoh/p1
    A listing of all the acronyms currently used in SWGOH.

Common Forum Questions: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/156520/common-forum-questions/p1
    A guide on how to use the forums.

If you have any questions or have suggestions for what type of information you would like to see included in the forums for beginner players, just let me know and I will try to get it for you.
    Happy playing!
  • Options

Good luck, and have fun!

Sabine is the harder farm--she's only on a single hard node, which is 60 energy/day with a maximum rate of 5 shards/day without refreshing the node; you're more likely to get 1 to 3/day-but you will eventually need her for the Phantom II (which is great for early/mid-range feet arena and required for the Chimaera event). The rate you farm Chopper depends on the rate you spend Cantina energy; he's generally a much faster farm than Sabine, and a more defensive choice.

As far as characters you want to avoid go? Characters that you can't use for much of anything yet, or detract from your focus in preparing for other areas of the game. You want to build teams like Phoenix--which give you a lot of bang for your buck; Nix are good/required for so much it's kind of ridiculous--and those required for your other Legendary events, then perhaps branch out into the required teams for Territory Battles, then characters you just think might be fun to play with (protip: until Greivous gets his much-needed rework he isn't really any good).

You'll wind up collecting a large assortment of characters whether you try to get them or not. As far as sketching out a plan goes: unlock Phoenix -> unlock Scoundrels (you need 5 by level 60 or so) -> seven star Phoenix -> start collecting/unlocking/gearing pilots for Fleet Arena (unlocks at level 60); prioritize dark side/rebel pilots -> start working on your Empire team for R2-D2 (you get two from Phoenix, a third from achievements, a fourth from fleet training, and can easily pick up a fifth to bring along for the ride) -> start building the rest of your A New Hope team to get CLS -> flesh out your First Order team for BB-8 (you should already have KRU, FOTFP, and FOSFTFP just for ships) -> start building your Resistance team for JTR (you won't be able to get started on Vets until you hit level 83) -> focus on guild events/raids/arena as desired/required.

You have access to a handful of pilots early: Vader, Boba Fett, Kylo Ren (Unmasked), FOSFTFP, FOTFP, ****'s, Phoenix characters. Vader and Fett's ships are fairly slow to farm. You can get KRU's ship at the same time you farm him, SFTF/P from the guild store (you can probably work on unlocking him now), FOTFP from fleets, Biggs from GW (honestly once you hit 60 spend all your GW credits on ships). You need 5 dark side ships at 5* and an additional 3 ships at 5*+ to get access to the Ship Ability Mats Challenge which drops zeta materials; it's first available at level 78. I suggest you use rebel ships to fill the spaces--though Jedi Consular or Ahsoka Tano's ships may be easier and more effective for Fleet arena--because you need Ghost + Phantom II + 3 other rebel ships (you'll also need 5 or more light side ships at 5* + to upgrade Home One; you'll need more to seven star Home One though) for Chimaera.

Thank you so much bro for all the help and tips bro so far for the phoenix team i got Ezra, Hera and Chopper and only 10 shards away from getting Kanan, is it best to keep farming Hera and Ezra to 7 stars for now or settle for like 5 stars?
  • Options

Good luck, and have fun!

Thank you so much bro for all the help and tips bro so far for the phoenix team i got Ezra, Hera and Chopper and only 10 shards away from getting Kanan, is it best to keep farming Hera and Ezra to 7 stars for now or settle for like 5 stars?

Pick one to get to 7 stars as fast as possible (I recommend Ezra hes the better all around character) so that when you join a guild you have a seven star character for heroic raids.
  • Options
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums @JorSWGOH ! There are a lot of resources for new players in the New Players section of the forums:

New Player Index: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154737/new-player-index/p1
    Your resource all sorts of useful new player threads such as the monthly event calendar, Game Changer listing with their YouTube page, moderator information, a beginner's guide to ships, and Borrow a Hero threads where people are willing to let you borrow their maxed out characters such as Thrawn, Commander Luke Skywalker or General Obi Wan Kenobi as your ally toon for Light side, Dark side or Cantina battles

New Player Farming Guide: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154847/new-player-farming-guide-2018/p1
    A collection of YouTube videos by the Game Changer to help beginner players.

Reoccurring Events and Characters Required: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154696/reoccurring-events-and-characters-required-index/p1
    A listing of what events are reoccurring, what characters, levels, and stars are required, along with recommended gear levels. Please note reoccurring events do not usually have a lot of warning of when the event will occur, so if you see a character you really want on the list, note what is required and farm accordingly.

SWGOH Acronym Guide: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154048/guide-to-the-acronyms-and-terms-of-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-swgoh/p1
    A listing of all the acronyms currently used in SWGOH.

Common Forum Questions: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/156520/common-forum-questions/p1
    A guide on how to use the forums.

If you have any questions or have suggestions for what type of information you would like to see included in the forums for beginner players, just let me know and I will try to get it for you.
    Happy playing!

Thank you so much bro, i'm watching the videos you sent me right now :)
  • Options

Good luck, and have fun!

Generally you want to finish a farm before you start another, and by that I mean you either get it to seven stars--for raids and Legendary characters--or set a threshold that you need to meet before you eventually go back and finish it to meet a specific goal (such as unlocking your Scoundrels to give you access to Credit Heists, but not upgrading them until you need them for Mod Challenges and/or Territory Battles).

As far as farming two cantina characters at once: alternate each star level. It will take you longer to get one or both to seven stars--which is only a concern if you're in a guild that's willing to carry you through Heroic raids (and Zeb'll probably still be your first 7*)--but it'll keep your overall strength fairly even and allow you to take advantage of what events you can do with them now (it's quite easy to picture a scenario where, because you weren't balancing your farms, that you missed out on a character you could have otherwise gotten).
  • Options
    Generally you want to finish a farm before you start another...

Ideally yes. But for me that really takes any fun out of the game. Turns it into a total work-like slog. I normally have two teams being farmed at one go...makes it slightly more interesting and less of a horrible joyless grind.Sure, it's less efficient but to be honest, I'd have quit a long time ago "playing" like that.
  • Options
    I normally have two teams being farmed at one go...makes it slightly more interesting and less of a horrible joyless grind.

There's a lot of little, silly things to make the game more interesting. It's honestly one of the reasons I like to alternate between characters in the same location with each star level; it gets boring to hit the same nodes day after day after day (especially if that character doesn't particularly like you at the moment). Of course, I'm the same crazy person who decided farming First Order, Empire, and ANH at the same time was a good idea, it probably only worked because I got the Kylos for free (but I also now have BB-8, R2-D2, and CLS to show for it); depending on the location(s) you're hitting and your creativity/patience you can farm a lot of different things at the same time. As an example:

I'm currently working on a Resistance/Rey's Journey team, Imperial Troopers, my HAAT team, HR Soldier, and rebel ships and pilots. I'm getting Finn (13/85) and Rey (59/65) exclusively from the guild store; vets (55/65), (0/65) from the cantina; Cassian's U-Wing'll (85/100) be done in a couple days, then I'll finish Boba Fett (15/100) before moving on to HR Scout (0/65); Veers (84/100), Shore (22/30), and HR Soldier (6/65) in hard nodes (I skip HR soldier sometimes; trying to finish Veers); Asajj (28/65) and Ackar (4/85) in squad arena; Biggs (72/85), his (31/85) and Wedge's (67/85) ship in GW; Ghost (32/85) and Phantom II (47/85) in Fleets; etc, etc, etc.

Keeps it interesting.
  • Options
    Stay active and avoid long breaks. Do your dailies and challenges and grind grind grind grind grind infinity