Idea: Limited time special bonuses

Entity
44 posts Member
edited March 2018
Hi

Have just been wondering about an idea I had... I’m a dolphin with a very wide roster at decent power. I invested quite a few bucks on nightsisters, but that is about it, crystals packs aside.

I Think I’m pretty representative of a lot of players. Been playing since the beginning Also.

Well, I have never been chasing the meta, as I dont Think its fun. Its just a race getting the largest number on the same team as everybody Else. So arena was never my thing in this game... until nightsisters arrived. The last few months the arena have been mixed up nicely, with jtr, cls, sith, nightsisters and Rex coming back too. But I Fear it is only a matter of time before more People get sion, Visas Marr and Traya geared up and ready, and arena Will be one team only Again.

My idea is Basically have a Character of the Week from the entire roster, with an added special bonus for arena, to mix it up more, and find fun synergies, utilize the roster better and Also Think of more strategies than just speed modding. I Would love to fight with lobot and grievous in arena for one week only, if They carried a little extra... i Think its like ‘brawl of the week’ or something...

Ie. This week only: iG88 Will Shoot an opp on every turn in arena...

Anyway, what do you Think?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to Feedback >> General.

Ideas like this have popped up here and there in different forms. The issue with this is that it rewards basically the people at the top, who have more stuff and could really hurt someone who has been working on a good team to get to the top.

This is also kinda against the spirit of the game, as it has been designed to be a sandbox where you can put different toons together in "any combination" you want. Arena is one of the few mods where you can use "anyone" I don't think they should take that away. IMHO.

On the new player side, I would worry that it pulls people in too many directions and would basically reward/punish players randomly as it changes...

Just my thoughts