New arena system suggestion

Hey all. So the new system rolled out, some things are better, some are worse. I have noticed a "bug" if I could call it that, but I wanted to do a bit more testing before I called it.
So, the thing is, the new system DOES NOT offer you the highest possible opponent. I was thrilled that I didn't have to pray for roll RNG to get a #7 opponent as #12. However, as a #12 you can only fight up to #8. I tested that on others ranks as well and determined that in the top 15 you can only fight up to 4 spots infront of you, whereas it was up to 5 before. I am unsure about lower ranks but I am certain for the higher ranks.
So now the systems feels a lot more stiff than it used to be. I believe the system should be expanded to accommodate at least 1 more spot. Another (albeit more personal) example of this is my fleet shard. I have 2 other guys that I compete with for top spot. Just now I had to lock them out of #1 and #2 because they were on #3 and #4 so I robbed them of resources because I was unable to fight #5, as I used to be. It might be many do not agree with my good samaritan way but I see them more as friends than rivals even without having any interaction with them other than clobbering each other.
So, the suggestion is to expand the maximum limit of who can be fought by 1, forward and backwards. It will give more fluidity to arena, which is good for both CG and the players. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Replies