Holdo was force sensitive

Cstone812
266 posts Member
edited April 2018
http://ew.com/movies/2018/03/27/laura-dern-admiral-holdo-last-jedi-force-sensitive/

Facepalm. Just when I thought the Last Jedi couldn’t get any worse.

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    A fact which literally no one gives a **** about. She died. Let it go.

But then she can come back as a ghost wheeeeee
  • Options
    if she was force sensitive, so am I. Why not haha
  • Options
    I'm a Jedi. There I said it.

giphy.gif
  • Options

giphy.gif

Another gem @UrbanSpacemanKAL
  • Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »

giphy.gif

He is the king of off-topic
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Good god. This movie is a living embodiment of why I dislike the current social “trend”, if I may so crudely say. With all the cautiousness around social and political correctness, coupled with fear of reprecussions from the audience, I simply fail to appreciate the film like others do.

All these make up elements of hey let’s make someone force sensitive with no reason and call it an easter egg that audience couldn’t find, completely irrationalizing the OTs, heck let’s make jedi and sith do a giant space lightsaber battle with no spacesuits on since Carrie can fly anyways without any training.

Oh, and general hux. Built up to be a baddie and somewhat interesting to see in episode 7. Let’s just scrap that, turn him into pure comedic relief to be thrown around.

And what the hell did kylo even DO in episode 8? In 7 he is borderline evil. Burnt a village, looked for someone, killed someone important (spolier), and in episode 8 we just see him slice some guards up, throw a tantrum against Luke and the rest is just skyping and facetiming rey. Compare that to Anakin or Vader, butchered children in an academy, slaughtered thousands of rebels, heck even the one scene in rogue 1 is scarier than kylo in 7&8 combined. NOT TO MENTION the complete ZERO foreshadowing about Luke and him. At least make a passing remark in episode 7 maybe when snoke talks to him or mocks him wanna be his grandfather, show his hatred towards Luke and make audience wonder why? Instead of oh hey, make audience wonder about whether holdo is force sensitive (snicker).

And WHAT Is the use of Rose and Finn? These characters have no SOUL. There’s no depth in them. It’s just so dull. The lack of struggle in between the characters is just ugh. There are no layers. You can simply describe them in a sentence or two. At least rey has SOME degree of depth, not by much though, and that’s to be EXPECTED of a main character.

If I were to direct last jedi:

Scrap that whole luke and kylo thing. I would try and explore the Kylo Evil root more: Perhaps Luke was trying to hide that his father was Vader to his student, and that being han’s son he was being trained especially harsh, and kylo’s natural strong connection to the dark side of the force is corrupted by his emotions. Being connected to the dark side is not inherently a bad thing. As kyle katarn said there is no good or evil in the force, only how you use it. Troubled by his emotions, perhaps he had a vision of what is to come, that he foresaw one day he would kill (SPOILER) his own father.

Thus he was afraid, but didn’t dare to tell Luke about it, because he is scared that Luke would see him as a monster. A kin-killer. Little did he know that Luke’s father was the Dark Lord who tried to kill his son, in a way similar to his situation. When young Kylo approached Luke and asked him for advice, Luke simply told him the generic jedi stuff, controlling your emotions and stuff. He nurtured doubts about luke’s teachings, he feel Powerless in the flow of fate. He feel destined that he would kill his father. He wants more power, power to change the future. Like vader. Vader who tipped the fate of the universe, who brought balance to the galaxy. Here’s when snoke comes in, who tempted him with power, to outperform all other students of Luke. To make his father PROUD, to SAVE his father, to CHANGE bis fate. All he needs to do, is to retrieve the sacred text from the temple, and steal them for snoke. He got drawn to the sacred text, and Luke was there to stop him, but as Kylo stood there at the entrance, Luke sensed nothing but SNOKE standing there. Clouded by Snoke’s decption and power, Luke drew his lightsaber thinking to defrat this unknown sith. Little did he know kylo was the one standing there, horrified, as his master drew his saber on him. Thinking that his master is trying to kill him for stealing and betraying his trust, as well as finding out his dark side and his vision, Kylo was forced to react, all the while screaming at Luke trying to make him stop, but Luke being the grandmaster bested him with little to no effort. As Luke went for the finishing blow, his sabrr seared across kylo’s face, perhaps blinding his right eye, Luke saw that it was his student. Horrified and shocked, Kylo took the chance and ran. And never came back. Now that leaves you wondering. What is in the sacred text? Is kylo destined to kill his father? Or does everyone, after all have a CHOICE? It makes Kylo killing han scene a much deeper one. Kylo was simply fulfillimg his destiny. His vision he foresaw so long ago. He is sorry, but he knew killing Han would simply be a step closer to what he had seen. Did He stabbed him by choice? Or by fate? Was he in control, or was it simply kylo bowing down to his destiny?

Anyways, just some of the plot I thought out for what the movie COULD have been.
  • Options
    I’m sorry your Golden Boy had a human moment and experienced failure for the first time in his life. I’m sure that was devastating. I’m sorry Holdo had purple hair, I hope you all seek therapy for your PTSD, but it did not ruin Star Wars. I’m sorry that it wasn’t revealed that Snoke was grown in a lab from Darth Vader’s poo poo. Star Wars is full of stupid stuff. If you’re still here after Anakin and Padme rolling around in a field of wild flowers, after Franken Vader, and after Darth Maul was CUT IN HALF and became Spider Boy, I think you’ll be OK going into future installments .

Please understand that there is not one single deluded person on this forum that would have made Last Jedi better. You’re the last one to know (if you ever know) that you’re crazy but I’m here to let you know with peace and love that you are all kitten nuts!!!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Skynibbler wrote: »
    I’m sorry your Golden Boy had a human moment and experienced failure for the first time in his life. I’m sure that was devastating. I’m sorry Holdo had purple hair, I hope you all seek therapy for your PTSD, but it did not ruin Star Wars. I’m sorry that it wasn’t revealed that Snoke was grown in a lab from Darth Vader’s poo poo. Star Wars is full of **** stuff. If you’re still here after Anakin and Padme rolling around in a field of wild flowers, after Franken Vader, and after Darth Maul was CUT IN HALF and became Spider Boy, I think you’ll be OK going into future installments .

Please understand that there is not one single deluded person on this forum that would have made Last Jedi better. You’re the last one to know (if you ever know) that you’re crazy but I’m here to let you know with peace and love that you are all kitten nuts!!!

I like the way this person thinks
  • Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »

giphy.gif

He is the king of off-topic

giphy.gif
  • Options
    In the next movie, Holdo will come back as a force ghost and Rose is force sensitive then she teamed up with Rey to fight Kylo Ren, then there will be a Rose anthology film.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I think this whole "Holdo was force sensitive" thing is a big sympathy joke.

Holdo was only ever introduced to Star Wars as she is meant to be a Pansexual (whatever that is) and represent the LGBTQXYZ (whatever it is) community.

The LGBTQ community were upset upon film release, because all they got was a woman with purple hair (not sure exactly what they were expecting from a Disney movie and from a character with no love interest).

So now saying she is force sensitive, is meant to make her "cool" and the LGBTQ community to now appreciate this character??? Ha ha ha.

Despite the fact there is 0 evidence on screen that she holds any force talent or affinity to use the force at all - no more than R2D2.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    I think this whole "Holdo was force sensitive" thing is a big sympathy joke.

Holdo was only ever introduced to Star Wars as she is meant to be a Pansexual (whatever that is) and represent the LGBTQXYZ (whatever it is) community.

The LGBTQ community were upset upon film release, because all they got was a woman with purple hair (not sure exactly what they were expecting from a Disney movie and from a character with no love interest).

So now saying she is force sensitive, is meant to make her "cool" and the LGBTQ community to now appreciate this character??? Ha ha ha.

Despite the fact there is 0 evidence on screen that she holds any force talent or affinity to use the force at all - no more than R2D2.

Star Wars universe expands beyond just movies.

Not all force sensitive people know how to focus that energy. She very well can be force sensitive without the ability to move rocks.

Not sure why you're belittling the LGBTQ community. I find your disinterest in understanding their issues deeply disturbing.