Credit heist brainteaser

Prev1
Hi, everyone!
First - my swgoh account
https://swgoh.gg/u/metlazhizni/collection/
And the question - is it possible to beat tier 3 with what I have?)
I have around 3kk credits, 150 crystals for 3 energy refreshes and ability mat enough to get 3-4 upgrades, so would like to hear you opinion on this)
I’m thinking about getting Bobba to lvl71 and Cad Blayne leader to 20% evasion. And then just hit auto for ~100 battles praying for rng god.
Right now I can get to second battle, but only Bobba stay alive. Or maybe I should invest in Chewie, trying to make him able to sustain the damage?
Or I should just prepare for another time, because it’s impossible right now)))

Replies

• Options
    I think , yes you can beat it.
    By the way , when is the credit heist coming?
  • Options
    Beef up Boba and STHan. WIll give you a better chance.
  • Options
    I don’t know if you can beat it right now, but I found the best way to achieve it was playing manual. The cooldown of some abilities and using them precisely was key in my success.
    If you are using evasion leadership, I would use all four of your scoundrels (Bane, Bobba, Chewy and Han) and try to have some luck.
    If you cannot beat it this time, consider investing the credits gained on scoundrels only as an investment for the future.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Tier 3? Nope.

I've got 7* 72 G8 Boba, 6* 70 G7 STHan, 4* 70 G7 Lando, junk Cad Bane and Clone Chewie, and I can't come close to winning. The cops either give each other TM or have insane speed, and usually shred Cad and Chewie in the first round, then Han and Lando in the second. I can usually get to the third with Boba, but then they get 11 turns in a row and suddenly I have no one left.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    I don't think you can do it yet. Bane is really easy to kill and your tanks aren't built up enough that they can take more than a hit or two. I'd keep starring Boba Fett and max out his abilities. You'll need him to be as powerful as possible since he's your main damage dealer until you get raid Han Solo. It's also worth putting some second or third tier mods on your scoundrels to increase their speed and durability. You'll eventually want everyone on your scoundrel team at level 80+ for the 4th tier, so it's worth leveling them as well.

The simple answer is that you're not ready yet, but if you keep working on your scoundrels, you could be able to handle the next one.
  • Options
    I don't think you can yet.

Agreeing with most of the advice above. Work on Fett and St. Han. Panick farming (refreshes) is a waste of resources.

Farm as much as you can that will end up being best for you in the long run. For now, if you've gotten far enough, start farming Captain Han Solo, as he makes it SO much easier, and Lando.
  • Options
    Hey, everybody - the fun story that I posted this at previous credit heist, but it came from moderation just now)
    Coincidence? Don’t think so!)

Thank you for feedback, looks like you’re right and i’m not ready. Hope i’ll take Bobba to 7* on the next one, and also would be investing in ST Han.
    Also I do like Chewie for ability to self heal, but heard that he’s useless, so don’t know what to do)
  • Options
    I heard that about Chewie too - but a guildmate told me that he used Chewie to great success since he A) taunts, B) heals and C) reduces tm on basic! Don't know that I'd max him out, but he may be worth some extra resources. Maxing Boba and STHan alone isn't cutting it.
  • Options
    No you can't
  • Options
    Hope i’ll take Bobba to 7* on the next one, and also would be investing in ST Han.

Boba is super handy to have at a high level for all aspects of the game. And STHan does well in an Arena Rebel team and, of course, you need him at 7* for CLS.

• Options
    Chewie isn't generally worth advancing too much because he's a one-dimensional character. Other taunters have abilities that give better bonuses to the team.
  • Options
    go for lando, boba, cad bane storm trooper han, and IG-88. (raid Han would be way better then IG-88 though)

Side note: MeltaZhizni if you need a good clean guild that does heroic rancor and tank once a week, search Revanesque in guild search. We have no requirements and some of the guys in the guild can solo the heroic rancor.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/lakson/collection/

I am doing tier 3 on manual. Need some RNG but ussualy in 3-4 tries it works. Having good mods are key. I am using my palpatine mods (speed is king). All of my other scoundrels are just there to make me able to start the fight.
  • Options
    Never auto battle most of the time auto kills your characters where as if you did it yourself you could have beaten the battle with almost all of your characters.
  • Options
    Lakson, checked your account - your mods are awesome, but you gave me the hope, defenitly would try tier 3 next time)

Black hawk, I’ve applied, hope to see you in the guild chat)
  • Options
    I would recommend using ST Han as leader and max out his leader skill. When you go for CLS you will need him to be leader anyways so it's points well invested.
    Boba with the Vets at 4* and Raid Han at 5* did it for me. The Vets died but stunned enough to keep the others alive. Raid Han for stuns and the last level it was always ST Han and Boba and Boba was the only one to pull through.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Bludmetal wrote: »
    I would recommend using ST Han as leader and max out his leader skill. When you go for CLS you will need him to be leader anyways so it's points well invested.

I would not recommend maxing that out. I got CLS with my STHan leader ability at 3.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Bludmetal wrote: »
    When you go for CLS you will need him to be leader anyways so it's points well invested.

Not necessarily.

• Options
    Hey there! Managed to get Tier |||. Bobba 74 lvl, Gl8, 7* with +80 speed. Find Cad’s leader very useful again stunlock from police. Take me 3-4 tryes, but with RNG on your side it’s totally possible)
  • Options
    Hey there! Managed to get Tier |||. Bobba 74 lvl, Gl8, 7* with +80 speed. Find Cad’s leader very useful again stunlock from police. Take me 3-4 tryes, but with RNG on your side it’s totally possible)

Can you please write down your whole team with which you did it?!
  • Options
    Sure, you can find them on my swgoh:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/metlazhizni/
    Mods that were on Bobba are on Old Daka now.
    Basically it was Bobba lvl 74, 7*, G8
    STH 6* lvl 54 G7
    Chewie lvl 54 G6
    Greedo (trash)
    Cad Blayne lvl 54 (leader, 5 lvl of ability)
    All of them except Bobba was dead on stage 2.
    The trick is to have decent mods on Bobba (speed REALLY matters). And with Cad leader ability and a bit of RNG Bobba would dodge stuns and get TM

• Options
    Just cleared tier 3 twice today.

Boba 7* 80 G8
    STHan 6* 71 G7
    Lando 4* 72 G7
    Cad Bane 3* 52 G6 (Leader)
    Clone Chewie 5* 50 G6

If RNG smiles, you can win with Boba getting revive back on kills. 4 guys in a wave? Fail. Stunlocking? Fail.

Definitely working on Lando for next time - 1500 damage on a crit is just sad.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Cad Bane leader? I would think Boba would make things much easier.
  • Options
    Cad banes evasion is pretty big for under geared characters I remember doing this back in the day with: Cad bane lead, nute gunray, greedo, zam, and lando used the same squad to 3 star the crit chance mod challenges
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Huh, ok. Never even occurred to me to look at his leader lol.
  • Options
    Yeah, 17% evasion is nothing to sneeze at when it's adding TM.

Only Cad Bane and Boba benefit from part of Boba's LS - the speed and health part. STHan, Lando, Chewie aren't tagged as BHs.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Granted but the 50% Crit Dam and 10% Crit chance is for everyone and also nothing to sneeze at.

17% evasion add doesn't sound like much to me but if you're seeing decent evades then yes I guess it could be worth it.

FWIW my credit heist team back in the day was Boba (L) Cad Dengar Greedo Chewie, so Chewie was the only one who didn't get the speed and health bonuses.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Granted but the 50% Crit Dam and 10% Crit chance is for everyone and also nothing to sneeze at.

17% evasion add doesn't sound like much to me but if you're seeing decent evades then yes I guess it could be worth it.

FWIW my credit heist team back in the day was Boba (L) Cad Dengar Greedo Chewie, so Chewie was the only one who didn't get the speed and health bonuses.

True - and if I had a leveled Lando and STHan it's a no brainer. Kind of disappointed how squishy STHan is at 6* 71 honestly. But if Lando is geared and modded and he's raining crits, it's a non-issue.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I was waaaaaaaaaay late to the Lando party. By the time I finally got going on him, I had plenty of other toons to do his job lol.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I still don’t have Lando. My current scoundrel team is Boba Fett (lead), Cad Bane, Han Solo, Stormtrooper Han, Dengar.