How to farm speed mods?

Dont know if im wrong here but.. how can i most efficiently farm speed mods?

Buy them in the store or farm them with these challenges?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Options
    I don't think there's really a "most effecient" way add it's rng dependant. That being said if you want guaranteed purple and gold, but the set, but they may not have speed secondaries
  • Options
    I bought the set once and they were mostly 4*, which is very typical of how this game works. Spend more or fall farther behind.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    If u have lot of credit n ship material, buy in store. But remember.. if u want high speed secondary, buy mod in store doesn't guarantee u the secondary speed stat will increase. More safe doing challenges if u want to save credit. But it require long time to get what u want.

I'm not talking about weeks, but months.

Edit: typo
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    But them in the store with fleet currency.
  • Options
    Buy in store - look for gold star 5 dots mod with Speed secondaries unless it's arrow mod - which you need speed primary.

Good luck hunting.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    It depends on what you need. If you need quite a few then farming the last tier of the mod challenge is best. You’ll get a lot of speed arrow that way as well. If you’re just looking to upgrade a couple mods or one character buying them is going to be better. I’m a newer player and need to equip a ton of characters, thus the mod challenge is best.
  • Options
    does the challenge matter? Or do i need a resistance team ?
  • Options
    The speed set isn't super important, high speed secondaries are. You can get plenty fast without ever farming resistance if you don't want to.
  • Options
    luck
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Sim challenges
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    The speed set isn't super important, high speed secondaries are. You can get plenty fast without ever farming resistance if you don't want to.

@freshprince19888 The speed set is as important if you want someone fast. It gets you 20% more speed. That's an extra 50 speed if you get a toon to 250 speed from secondaries.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Random9 wrote: »

@freshprince19888 The speed set is as important if you want someone fast. It gets you 20% more speed. That's an extra 50 speed if you get a toon to 250 speed from secondaries.

I could be wrong but I think the set bonus only applies to your base speed, not your modded speed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Random9 wrote: »

I could be wrong but I think the set bonus only applies to your base speed, not your modded speed.

Can confirm.

Friend Maul has +10% from speed set. Shows speed 122(28)

If it's just multiplying base speed:
    Base speed 94, 19 from secondaries, 9.4 from speed set = 122.4 (displayed as 122)

If it was including mods it would be:
    Base speed 94, 19 from secondaries, 11.3 from speed set = 124.3

With a faster unit and/or better mods the difference would be even more noticeable.

That's why speed secondaries are more important than set bonuses. Even Chopper with his base speed of 152 is only going to get 15 speed from a maxed set. You can get more than that from a single good secondary.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Farm them with your fingers crossed. That’s the best way.
  • Options
    My advice is to sim the final stage (the stage that requires 5* characters) you do not always get speed as a primary or as a secondary stat, but most of the time you get better mods from sim then you get from buying them from the mod store.
  • Options
    Just be prepared to cry at the amount of cantina energy you're pouring into mods that you just turn around and sell for 9k.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Just be prepared to cry at the amount of cantina energy you're pouring into mods that you just turn around and sell for 9k.

Agreed.
    Some days it can be a little frustrating but dig down and keep pushing, it will be worth it in the long run.

(Side note: If you ever upgrade a mod and it is not working for your characters or you just got better mods never ever sell them!)

I made that mistake once^
  • Options
    I allocated 3 weeks worth of cantina energy to only simming tier 3 mods (mostly speed and potency), but ended up with some really good mods that way. I wouldnt call it efficient, but just suck it up and do it.
  • Options
    For my part, I farm them in the tier 3 challenges.

I farm characters during the week with my cantina energy and mods during the weekend.
  • Options
    I collected 1000 mods in challenges before they were guaranteed drops, so for me I definitely think the best way is to do challenges now. But if you have a lot of credits the store is great, but I only buy 30 speed arrows
  • Options
    Once you have all the necessary cantina toons (ha... Ha) go crazy with the challenge. Personally, I still need to finish CHS and DT before I exclusively do the challenge for any extended period of time. As it is now, I devote about 48-80 energy to mod farming and the rest to CHS.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu