crackling doom zeta - useless!!

I looked and looked for opinions on this zeta before I did it, and couldn't really find any so this is my public service announcement. Crackling doom zeta is absolutely useless and entirely a waste. I can see absolutely no difference, and EP remains as squishy as ever. I fought immediately before and after applying the zeta, and couldn't even see a difference in his protection bar.

This is the most I've ever regretted wasting a zeta, and I have them on QGJ and Baris even tho I never use jedi for anything but TB!

My team is G12 EP with zeta leadership, G12 thrawn w zeta, G12 vader (leader zeta lol) G11 zeta Nihilus, and G11 4* Sion. I fought my way up to my record high rank 14 recently and thought maybe the second zeta on EP would help me push a little further. nope. I hover around 50 once again, and get smacked around by JTR teams, CLS teams, even kitchen sink rex teams.

Feeling pretty stung by what a useless waste this Zeta was!!!

Replies

• Options
    The protection gain is from landing shock.
  • Options
    JijackCana wrote: »
    Palpatine has +50% max protection and when he inflicts shock he gains 5% max protection until the end of the encounter.

I'm reading this as he should have more protection by 50% at the start of the encounter than he did before the zeta.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Soundemon wrote: »
    JijackCana wrote: »
    Palpatine has +50% max protection and when he inflicts shock he gains 5% max protection until the end of the encounter.

I'm reading this as he should have more protection by 50% at the start of the encounter than he did before the zeta.

that is correct. It's not a gamechanger or anything like that, but it's not a horrible zeta.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I run EP lead...+35% health, have zCrackling Doom +50% max prot (max is the key word, that means AFTER mods) and run prot primary mods in his circle, cross and triangle slots. EP is far from squishy and takes nearly as much of a beating as my 7* g12 ShoreTrooper b4 dying, which led me to drop Shore and run

zzEP (L), zzThrawn, Vader, zDT and DK. Working well atm and seldom fall out of the top 25 prior to my payout hour.

• Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    I run EP lead...+35% health, have zCrackling Doom +50% max prot (max is the key word, that means AFTER mods) and run prot primary mods in his circle, cross and triangle slots. EP is far from squishy and takes as much of a beating as my 7* g12 ShoreTrooper b4 dying, which led me to drop Shore and run

zzEP (L), zzThrawn, Vader, zDT and DK. Working well atm and seldom fall out of top prior to my payout hour.
    Hmmmm. maybe I'll have to re-do his mods then. I recently changed them all around and stacked potency, trying to get his stun to hit. I was getting 0/1 stuns previously, and after stacking potency is went to 3 stuns on average.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    I run EP lead...+35% health, have zCrackling Doom +50% max prot (max is the key word, that means AFTER mods) and run prot primary mods in his circle, cross and triangle slots. EP is far from squishy and takes as much of a beating as my 7* g12 ShoreTrooper b4 dying, which led me to drop Shore and run

zzEP (L), zzThrawn, Vader, zDT and DK. Working well atm and seldom fall out of top prior to my payout hour.
    Hmmmm. maybe I'll have to re-do his mods then. I recently changed them all around and stacked potency, trying to get his stun to hit. I was getting 0/1 stuns previously, and after stacking potency is went to 3 stuns on average.

haha. palp actually very rarely benefits from more potency, but benefits a great deal from more health/prot.
    Moral of the story; If you think it works, it works. If you think it doesn't work, it doesn't.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gawejn
    1142 posts Member
    Options
    My Palp has 92k prot/health combined. I wouldnt call him squishy. This guy can survive 60k hits from Vader.
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    Options
    My zzEP has exactly 30k protection so when I go into a battle he should have 45k at start before shocking people. Thats a pretty solid number id say
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I looked and looked for opinions on this zeta before I did it, and couldn't really find any so this is my public service announcement. Crackling doom zeta is absolutely useless and entirely a waste. I can see absolutely no difference, and EP remains as squishy as ever. I fought immediately before and after applying the zeta, and couldn't even see a difference in his protection bar.

This is the most I've ever regretted wasting a zeta, and I have them on QGJ and Baris even tho I never use jedi for anything but TB!

My team is G12 EP with zeta leadership, G12 thrawn w zeta, G12 vader (leader zeta lol) G11 zeta Nihilus, and G11 4* Sion. I fought my way up to my record high rank 14 recently and thought maybe the second zeta on EP would help me push a little further. nope. I hover around 50 once again, and get smacked around by JTR teams, CLS teams, even kitchen sink rex teams.

Feeling pretty stung by what a useless waste this Zeta was!!!

Personally don't have it but when I fight EPs that have it and ones that don't I also see basically no difference. He is still the most squishy toon of the Empire and always will be.
    Yes he might have a higher combined prot and health than other toons but he always gets hit for big damage and crits.