Daka and Assists

I am running through GW with my team (L)Qgj, Lumi, GS, Rey, and Daka. With QGJ and GS assists Daka gets called more than 50% of the time. I was going to make a video showing this. I was just trying to look for some input if anyone else noticed this. Maybe its a mechanic about pulling the slowest person in a squad. Any input would be helpful.

Replies

• Options
    she has a 25% chance just like your other 4. You notice it more because of the 30 second animation and stunning 2 chars on an assist makes you feel fuzzy inside.
  • EwokJedi1
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    she has a 25% chance just like your other 4. You notice it more because of the 30 second animation and stunning 2 chars on an assist makes you feel fuzzy inside.
    No she rarely stuns. 6 Nodes and2 assisters and its been Daka. Like I said I was going to make a video. RNG seems to be preestablished for GW, if DAKA is going to revive someone at 10% It doesn't matter who I kill first, the target always revives. Could just be 25%.
  • Options
    Occasionally I have noticed that the AI attacks a certain "slot" in my lineup, no matter what hero I put in there. I have verified this numerous times, by retreating and plugging other heroes in and watching the AI attack the same "slot" despite it being a different character - weaker or stronger.

It may simply be that the seed # for your GW today, has QGJ calling an assist from whatever "slot" Daka is in - and it has ended up on her slot more often. One day (12 battles) is too small of a sample size to draw any real conclusions.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Occasionally I have noticed that the AI attacks a certain "slot" in my lineup, no matter what hero I put in there. I have verified this numerous times, by retreating and plugging other heroes in and watching the AI attack the same "slot" despite it being a different character - weaker or stronger.

It may simply be that the seed # for your GW today, has QGJ calling an assist from whatever "slot" Daka is in - and it has ended up on her slot more often. One day (12 battles) is too small of a sample size to draw any real conclusions.

Like you said you can retreat and try again. I have noticed that as well if an enemy is going to attack first whoever I have in a spot always gets attacked. That is a good explanation.
  • Options
    Occasionally I have noticed that the AI attacks a certain "slot" in my lineup, no matter what hero I put in there.

This right here. I'll usually start with a QGJ assist on Sid, and if he picks lumi for this I'll retreat and swap her with fotp. Next fight, fotp will assist and 1 shot Sid. Same when enemy attacks. If enemy Dooku stuns my lumi, I'll retreat and swap her with Sid, so he won't get stunned. The Seed will pick a position and use the same move there, so just move your chars around to get a more favorable assist or counter.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    EwokJedi1 wrote: »
    Mittens wrote: »
    No she rarely stuns. 6 Nodes and2 assisters and its been Daka. Like I said I was going to make a video. RNG seems to be preestablished for GW, if DAKA is going to revive someone at 10% It doesn't matter who I kill first, the target always revives. Could just be 25%.
    Must be something the programmers did to your Daka especifically. I have assisters and Daka, and pretty sure I have called other guys while Daka is out there.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Sometimes they draw an spot. Sometimes they pick a certain character. I have noticed the RNG seed do not fully refresh unless you change your leader or your squad. But if you check the next nodes or the 12/? Battle and again the 12 battles the next day, it should rabdomize.
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    There certainly appears to be a "slot-specific" preference for choosing assisters that gets chosen as you're loading into a battle (in the case for arena/challenges/cantinas) and as stated for GW - and to add further to this, the specific slot selection goes away if you switch the placement of the same group, so it only seems to remain if you REPLACE an existing slot with another character).

I've noticed this a lot lately, particularly since I began running a group of Nute Gunray (L), Tusken Raider, GS, QGJ, and Fives for many things PvE. Almost always 1 random character gets ~80% of assists through a 3-round fight (challenges, missions, cantinas, etc.).

So... Sometimes it's awesome (like when GS or Raider get the assists endlessly, granting GS mor than 50% turn-meter on crits and endless self-buffing, or Raider causing plenty of turn-meter reductions), and sometimes it sucks (when Nute gets called while already stealthed, sure, it's pretty much a guaranteed crit and he'll get more turns, but prefer the others' effects).