What’s the point of tenacity

Obi_six_Kenobi
370 posts Member
edited April 2018
I am trying a zeta GM Yoda to try and counter the current ZEP teams. I have GM Yoda, Ezra, GK, Hoda, CLS. My Ezra and GK both have over 65 tenacity, + GM yodas leader’s +30, and then I add the masters training buff giving them plus 50 tenacity. So that is over 145% tenacity. Even still more often than not, they won’t resist any of Darth Vader’s 3dots and speed down. Less often than not they will resist only 1 of the 4 debuffs.

What is the point of tenacity? It sure works for DN in the raid, but I cant get it to work for me. I think it would be extremely difficult to get any toon over 145% tenacity, yet with that amount of tenacity I will only resist approximately 1 debuff out of 12.

Replies

• Options
    Tenacity is totally broken, you should pick a better team.
  • Options
    Yeah, I just hate playing the same thing everybody else is playing. Everyone either runs CLS with titans, ZEP, or RJT teams. I ended yesterday in the top 20 of my Nov 2016 shard. I can beat the CLS and RJT teams with my Ackbar lead, CLS, Hoda, GK, GM Yoda team. I just have trouble with ZEP
  • Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    Foresight is much better than tenacity

Foresight is great, but so is tenacity up. It’s just tenacity as a stat that I don’t think works good. I do actually get a lot of tenacity with GM Yoda, GK, and Hoda.

But i don’t start with it, maybe I should try a Zeta Qui Gon
  • Options
    Or maybe try raid han to stun Vader long enough for Yoda to go.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    My zeta QGJ works great evade vaders force crush and then Yoda gives tenacity up and foresight to everyone
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    You do know how to calculate the chance to resist right?
    Assuming you have 145% Tenacity after all your buffs, and that the average Potency of your opponent is 65% which is boosted to 100% after EP Leadership bonus of 35%,
    Resist chance = 145% - 100% = 45%. You’d still have less than 50% chance to resist debuffs.
    And some people even mod for Potency, to help with raids, so more likely than not, you’re not getting much better than the minimum 15% base resist chance that every character gets anyway.

TLDR: Tenacity sucks, I wouldn’t waste mod stats on it.
  • Options
    Or maybe try raid han to stun Vader long enough for Yoda to go.

That’s an excellent thought, my raid han isn’t too good right now, but with the right mods that could definitely work
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    You do know how to calculate the chance to resist right?
    Assuming you have 145% Tenacity after all your buffs, and that the average Potency of your opponent is 65% which is boosted to 100% after EP Leadership bonus of 35%,
    Resist chance = 145% - 100% = 45%. You’d still have less than 50% chance to resist debuffs.
    And some people even mod for Potency, to help with raids, so more likely than not, you’re not getting much better than the minimum 15% base resist chance that every character gets anyway.

TLDR: Tenacity sucks, I wouldn’t waste mod stats on it.

Thanks for the explanation. It definitely seems like tenacity is almost useless.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Tenacity is a pointless stat in the game, has been for the past year. only Tenacity thing that works is tenacity up.. and of course the sith raids "tenacity" but we all know that story...