To all the new members of the team

lesismore
59 posts Member
edited April 2018
Hello dev team,

Welcome to the new members as well.

First of all, I appreciate your time and efforts to communicate with us!

There is just one little suggestion: could you make all the dev posts concise?

I know there is a lot you guys want to write and it seems you have all been following Carrie’s style of writing (I have noticed her style the very first time she posted and there hasn’t been much changes), I appreciate the time and efforts you have spent on writing the posts. Each of the new dev posts takes about 8~10 minutes to read. I know there are a couple of titles to help us read and I know how to skip reading.

For example, the latest dev post has over 1,700 words! If there are 10k readers who don’t know how to skip read and each spends 10m on reading the post, that’s 17k minutes, about 12 days to read just one of the post, which doesn’t seem very considerate for us players.

More important, the key information in each post only hides in a just a few sentences so one paragraph about 200 words or two paragraphs 500 words would do it perfectly.

Life is already very complicated so let’s make a game that is meant to be fun requires less time to read.

Replies

• Options
    ^
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but I disagree with the original post immensely. As someone who has played almost since launch, I feel that communication from the team is something that has been desperately needed.

If people don't want to be bothered to take the time to read it, that's their choice. But for many players, more information is greatly appreciated and welcomed.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I don't mean to be rude, but I disagree with the original post immensely. As someone who has played almost since launch, I feel that communication from the team is something that has been desperately needed.

If people don't want to be bothered to take the time to read it, that's their choice. But for many players, more information is greatly appreciated and welcomed.

This right here, this times fifty, this is the real truth,

The op is rather misguided in a nice way, but pay no attention to his wish for less communication, that's a grave mistype, I'm fairly certain his post meant to read how nice it is and how the vast overwhelming majority of the forum goers appreciate the giant steps forward we have seen recently.