Wampa

QJinX
219 posts Member
edited April 2018
How does 5 star Wampa do on a zPalp team? Specifically looking at zPalp, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, Wampa. Just not sure if Wampa is gearing at 5 stars for the arena. I am currently using Sion 6 star instead of Wampa.

Thank you for the feedback.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    sion is way better in that team, regardless of gear.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    What if i sub Wampa for Tarkin?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Not sure if I agree. First off, with no DN, Sion loses some of his usefulness. I also have found Sion at less than max stars/gear very underwhelming (and very easy for me to beat on offense if he is the lone tank).

Wampa's aoe daze is quite a thing - regardless of opponents, as it pretty much slows down most meta teams, regardless of their "flavor".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Not sure if I agree. First off, with no DN, Sion loses some of his usefulness. I also have found Sion at less than max stars/gear very underwhelming (and very easy for me to beat on offense if he is the lone tank).

Wampa's aoe daze is quite a thing - regardless of opponents, as it pretty much slows down most meta teams, regardless of their "flavor".

I tend to agree with Sion, which is why I was looking to swap him. He has been underwhelming for me. On paper Wampa seems great, but paper quality toons dont always translate.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

All 3 points are true, but wampa in that team is just a sitting duck.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    QJinX wrote: »
    What if i sub Wampa for Tarkin?

that would probably be better.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Q- Do you have Sion's zeta? is a vast improvement

I've found him to be utterly key in my own Zpalp team, but I also have shore to pretaunt and absorb a lot of the initial barrage. I imagine Tarkin would kinda give off a similar effect if he's fast enough.

Sion and Palp not getting shut down early often feels like my win condition

I haven't used Wampa, but I'd drop Tarkin and would be having Thrawn throwing the old switcheroo to get the aoe daze out sooner
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    Q- Do you have Sion's zeta? is a vast improvement

I've found him to be utterly key in my own Zpalp team, but I also have shore to pretaunt and absorb a lot of the initial barrage. I imagine Tarkin would kinda give off a similar effect if he's fast enough.

Sion and Palp not getting shut down early often feels like my win condition

I haven't used Wampa, but I'd drop Tarkin and would be having Thrawn throwing the old switcheroo to get the aoe daze out sooner

I do not have Sions Zeta. I had planned my next zeta for Thrawn, Wampa or CLS. (That I will be able to upgrade today actually.My arena mods are very solid. A couple over 240, all others over 225.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Rex lead sion dn Thrawn Wampa is amazing in arena beats everything all standing on offense . Beats nightmare on full auto. Highly reccomend trying that doesn’t drop that badly either probably because a lot who don’t have ep use Rex lead Titans and Wampa loves rebels
  • Options
    Wampa is good, but Sion, Thrawn, DN and Vader are the best under EP.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Jabba wrote: »
    Rex lead sion dn Thrawn Wampa is amazing in arena beats everything all standing on offense . Beats nightmare on full auto. Highly reccomend trying that doesn’t drop that badly either probably because a lot who don’t have ep use Rex lead Titans and Wampa loves rebels

I dont have a single rex shard. Rex is that much better than Palp in that lineup? Is there some magic place to get Rex that I dont know about?
  • Options

I dont have a single rex shard. Rex is that much better than Palp in that lineup? Is there some magic place to get Rex that I dont know about?

Yes
  • Options

guild and fleet stores
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    I thought i was doing good unlocking Wampa, but it seems i have significantly more work to do.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options

Believe I farmed him from fleet ages ago not sure he’s still there . He is much better tenacity up counters everyone and their brother that are using ep sion dn vader Sith Trooper . Gets you away from rng using mirror matches . His turn meter manipulation helps Dn annililate faster . Using Rex lead wampa sion dn Thrawn scares away the rex lead cls zhan Thrawn Gk squads too so holds rank a little better. Wampa feeds on rebels . I tryed it on a whim and haven’t taken it out since it’s that good full autos ep nightmare squads .
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options

Your welcome too your opinion but it really is not . If you use that your putting yourself through the pain of rng when you face all the other ep sion vader dn thrawns in arena . Whoever’s ep stuns more wins Rex’s tenacity up negates the rng . I beat that squad on full auto that’s how good rex lead Wampa dn Sion is. 287 speed Thrawn 254 sion 233 dn 220 rex with 100 tenacity 217 Wampa . Your going drop hard after payout too I know I ran it for a few weeks . I drop to 15 at most with mine . I respect your opinion but I 100 percent don’t agree with it .
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Your welcome too your opinion but it really is not . If you use that your putting yourself through the pain of rng when you face all the other ep sion vader dn thrawns in arena . Whoever’s ep stuns more wins Rex’s tenacity up negates the rng . I beat that squad on full auto that’s how good rex lead Wampa dn Sion is. 287 speed Thrawn 254 sion 233 dn 220 rex with 100 tenacity 217 Wampa . Your going drop hard after payout too I know I ran it for a few weeks . I drop to 15 at most with mine . I respect your opinion but I 100 percent don’t agree with it .

he isn't saying that's THE best team, just the best team UNDER palp lead. I agree with him, adding wampa to a palp team just makes the team as a whole weaker.
    +137 speed on thrawn isn't too shabby btw.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options

Believe I farmed him from fleet ages ago not sure he’s still there . He is much better tenacity up counters everyone and their brother that are using ep sion dn vader Sith Trooper . Gets you away from rng using mirror matches . His turn meter manipulation helps Dn annililate faster . Using Rex lead wampa sion dn Thrawn scares away the rex lead cls zhan Thrawn Gk squads too so holds rank a little better. Wampa feeds on rebels . I tryed it on a whim and haven’t taken it out since it’s that good full autos ep nightmare squads .

Team sounds a little different and fun. Will add Rex to my farming goals. The feedback is much appreciated.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    No problem man it is pretty good . I got so tired of the rng even with a 255 vader was losing some matches. That squad eliminates a lot of stress lol. It should work until we see Treyas when she’s in arena that’s a whole other animal to deal with .
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    I like to be a little different too. I still try to have fun when playing a game lol.
  • Options

"Under EP" was kind of key to my point. All those four are the best team under EPs leadership.
  • Options
    The thing with rex is that he makes the oppoents pray that any kind of AoE does not crit, if they cast it at all. Current palp meta is heavy on the AoE, especially with Vader. Rex lead DN with Sion is sure to have a full DN turnmetter bar if vader crushes. So unless that palp gets reaaaally lucky, his AoE just might end the game, not even going to consider Vader crush, if you are using that opener against rex or DN Sion then that person isn't even top 200, at best.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    The thing with rex is that he makes the oppoents pray that any kind of AoE does not crit, if they cast it at all. Current palp meta is heavy on the AoE, especially with Vader. Rex lead DN with Sion is sure to have a full DN turnmetter bar if vader crushes. So unless that palp gets reaaaally lucky, his AoE just might end the game, not even going to consider Vader crush, if you are using that opener against rex or DN Sion then that person isn't even top 200, at best.

Yea I get at least 2 hatreds off a match too because of all that tm gain from rex.