Pop Up Adverts

Jupiter_Centauri
3 posts Member
edited April 2018
I am absolutely disgusted that pop up ads have been added to the game. Some of us have spent a lot of money as it is so this is a real slap in the face. Even worse, the ads pop up during battles and some don't have a way to close. Battles are time limited as it is so a pop up that can't be closed can be the difference between winning and losing. These ads are extremely frustrating and completely inappropriate. It is just plain wrong and needs to be sorted immediately.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    There are pop up ads in the game? Huh i ve kever seen one
  • Options
    Mebbe he doesn't new Devs pop,ups for vids and blogs, and is mistakenly assuming they are ads for other things?
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Pop up is pop up, whatever the content is. And it's annoying my phone freeze for a moment while they download the pop up content.

Is there is no other way beside pop up? inbox message maybe
  • Options
    Anything that slows your phone down is making you play longer, which is their goal, and totally wai. I'd expect it to get worse not better.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Options
    Never had one pop in battle and never had trouble closing one. Literally adds a second to my time in game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have never seen or heard of anyone having them pop up in battle.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

It happen when ur network coverage is not good. Pop up usually happen when enter the game. But bcause pop up need to download some data, with poor network it causing popup delay and show up anytime when download over (include battle session)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

It happen when ur network coverage is not good. Pop up usually happen when enter the game. But bcause pop up need to download some data, with poor network it causing popup delay and show up anytime when download over (include battle session)

Ok, good to know. You would think they could prevent that, much like the client restart, maybe not.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Ok, good to know. You would think they could prevent that, much like the client restart, maybe not.

Imo, i think it's fault on user end, not their end. If user network is good, such thing wouldn't happen and popup will show n work as intended. I think they never intent popup to show during battle.

Network just one factor, there's more.. like old operating system, outdate phone/computer, etc that causing delay.

They only way to prevent it is disable popup feature, n replace it with inbox notification. It's more user-friendly with same purpose
  • Options
    Some of us have spent a lot of money as it is so this is a real slap in the face.

I will never understand the "I paid money, so I deserve more or extra" mentality. Paying into the game shouldn't make you exempt from pop ups... If someone is f2p they should get more pop ups? This game does a pop up so infrequently when they do one I know it has to be something note worthy.

• Options
    Kyngzilla wrote: »
    Some of us have spent a lot of money as it is so this is a real slap in the face.

I will never understand the "I paid money, so I deserve more or extra" mentality. Paying into the game shouldn't make you exempt from pop ups... If someone is f2p they should get more pop ups? This game does a pop up so infrequently when they do one I know it has to be something note worthy.

I wouldn't mind if the pop ups were infrequent, but they are not. They

I had 5 pop ups in the first 10 minutes from logging in. Hardly infrequent. The ads are localized and sometimes for cars. Not noteworthy either. I think you have missed the most important point, ads popping up during battles.
  • Options

I had 5 pop ups in the first 10 minutes from logging in. Hardly infrequent. The ads are localized and sometimes for cars. Not noteworthy either. I think you have missed the most important point, ads popping up during battles.

@Jupiter_Centauri Ads for cars do NOT come from swgoh.

You should check your running processes to figure out where they are coming from... And maybe give your phone a good clean up.
  • Options
    Blizzisme wrote: »

You should check your running processes to figure out where they are coming from... And maybe give your phone a good clean up.

This right here, ^^^!

You are way mistaken claiming car ads are coming from this game, sounds like your device is kubar versus any real problem with swgoh lol
  • Options

This right here, ^^^!

You are way mistaken claiming car ads are coming from this game, sounds like your device is kubar versus any real problem with swgoh lol

Thank you for this post. After checking I have discovered one of the kids had installed a game called Dragons World which was somehow putting its adverts into SWGOH. The game has been removed and SWGOH is all mine again. My gratitude to you Blizzisme