may never get balance in the force

KwikShotaAce
230 posts Member
edited April 2018
For newer players, the excitement of downloading this game can be so high. Mine was. Trotting along and enjoying as i grew in level and understanding, i kept fighting and climbing the ranks...until the pheonix force showed up...for almost a month i could not beat them...no matter what....i spent so much money in order to get my Nahillus strong enough to have a simple strategy...live long enough to anihillate someone...but then i thought why did the dev team make such a broken squad for mid tier players....i got my friends to play and warned them that the pheonix force is broken and it takes a lot of effort to beat them if unprepared.

So now i have team capable of beating them...not too much later the nightsisters show up....dear God..dev team fail again. Faced a ventress led team with no mother talzen...but no matter what i just had to sit back and watch my heroes die and i could not stop it...permanent stealthed NS and the immortal zombie is broken...period

I had climbed to top 100 at one point and now im barely cracking 200 and everywhere i turn its either nighstisters or insanely speed op rebels with wedge, biggs, imwe and such.

Squads are suppose to be strong. I get it. But some are simply cracked to broken and with boosted stats for defending players heroes, that makes it just highly unlikely you will have a fair game...because everything goes the a.i way and you barely get anything.

So newer players...beware. dev team will more than likely never get balance right but at least their communication is being worked on.
Beware the pheonix..nightsisters and rebels...especially nightsisters...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Nightsisters are easy to beat. Buff immunity/stun/fracture acolyte. Buff immunity/fracture zombie and it's over. If you don't have thrawn anything AOE destroys NS. EP, vader, tfp, tarkin, royal guard (beginning to mid tank) they're done. Or wedge, biggs, lando, etc. Phoenix fall off early too, they're really not that difficult
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Interesting story....

You could ask for help in the strategy section.

NS are easily beat with a little healing and an AOE to help with acolyte.

There is a great balance right now, many teams can beat each other.
  • Vthdrudgjhfgbcgvd
    51 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Dead on OP. This game is all about FOTM formations and using MatLab and Quantum computing to try and figure out what the hell is actually happening during combat.

It's a mobile game, not a AAA MMORPG on HD platforms, treat it as such.
  • KwikShotaAce
    230 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I dont have a thrawn but i will after next week.
    Even so it isnt like my team was weak.
    Leader-- lvl 81 palp 5 star. Gear 9. 1 piece short of 10.
    Vader-7 star- gear 9 lvl 81
    Nahillus-6 star-gear 8 lvl 82
    Kylo masked-gear 9 level 81 7 star
    Kylo unmasked-7 star gear 9 level 80

The problem is acolyte stays stealthed and the dumb zombie keeps coming back. So i was just beating a zombie over and over while getting sniped by the acolyte. I had vader..nahillus...and both kylos against talia, zombie and acolyte...and i lost.
    Nahillus had annihilate ready but the zombie kept taunting combo with permanent stealthed acolyte, all i could do was watch the zombie keep coming back and my squad be picked apart.

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options

The problem is acolyte stays stealthed and the dumb zombie keeps coming back. So i was just beating a zombie over and over while getting sniped by the acolyte. I had vader..nahillus...and both kylos against talia, zombie and acolyte...and i lost.
    Nahillus had annihilate ready but the zombie kept taunting combo with permanent stealthed acolyte, all i could do was watch the zombie keep coming back and my squad be picked apart.

Put someone with heavy aoe attack that have low cooldown. Like tarkin. Btw, i think ur squad is enough aoe firepower to defeat them:
    Palp, vader, nihilus, og kylo.. all of them have aoe attack. Do u modded ur team correctly? like have +100 speed on them? hmm
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Put someone with heavy aoe attack that have low cooldown. Like tarkin. Btw, i think ur squad is enough aoe firepower to defeat them:
    Palp, vader, nihilus, og kylo.. all of them have aoe attack. Do u modded ur team correctly? like have +100 speed on them? hmm

By the research i read, yes they are mostly modded correctly with potency, crit and speed. But teams with tie fighter on them, i havent beaten yet. Ive faced about 10...most empire teams have him and i lose everytime to them.
    Yet teams without him i mostly crush. But where i am sitting in ranks now...i may barely stay under 200.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

By the research i read, yes they are mostly modded correctly with potency, crit and speed. But teams with tie fighter on them, i havent beaten yet. Ive faced about 10...most empire teams have him and i lose everytime to them.
    Yet teams without him i mostly crush. But where i am sitting in ranks now...i may barely stay under 200.

Research is great and they usually provide great end goals, but when you are having arena issues, they can usually be solved by more speed.

I almost always bring toons up as fast as I can and in my optimal turn order, then weigh the speed reduction as you bring in the "optimal" mod sets and primaries. And I will do that over a period of time so I can get a feel for it.

Not everyone can do this but the ideal setup is sometimes overrated.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    This seems to be an "impatient—player—with—insufficiently—developed—roster—and—insufficient—knowledge—about—characters—and—their—counters" problem and not a game design problem as claimed.

Furthermore:
    The developers are not aiming to create perfect balance among all toons. The strategy / bussiness model relies on power creep, yet with a counter to every toon. They follow that strategy quite well.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    This seems to be an "impatient—player—with—insufficiently—developed—roster—and—insufficient—knowledge—about—characters—and—their—counters" problem and not a game design problem as claimed.

Furthermore:
    The developers are not aiming to create perfect balance among all toons. The strategy / bussiness model relies on power creep, yet with a counter to every toon. They follow that strategy quite well.

Well your wrong about some things. Maybe insufficient developed roster but thats all. Im very well aware of characters weakness and strengths.
    And some of it is game design. Ive played more games than you could probably dream of in my life and have seen some great games and have seen some immensenly poor multiplayer games...most of all the call of duty's, overwatch, battlefield 1...and yes mobile such as clash of clans...clash royale...boom beach..this game..star wars arena..just to name a few. Nothing really wrong with arena, i was just mentioning different games.
    Of course a perfect game doesnt exist but bringing balance to a game made about easily the most popular pop culture series of all time, is something they must always try to do but will never get entirely right.
    But the dev team does listen, mostly, and tries to make tweaks...although they refuse to tweak the sith raid which is 1 of many many dumb decisions.
  • Options
    This game is like Magic the Gathering. I quit playing that game because all everyone did was copy the top meta and build it...there was jo creativity among people...i brewed a deck and sometimes did good but i refused to be a sheep and copy the top stuff just to be a winner.
    Thats happening in this game. Oh snap EP is the new deal everyone use him.
    Its nice to unlock characters but you cant get good rewards of just good characters...you have to get the top meta thing to compete.
    Also to add, Imperial Tie Fighter ship is broken.
    One match he dodged 7 of my attacks...i counted...7.
  • Options
    While the meta is a thing now, there are mutiple metas even in top end. There are several mid-game, and ofc theres Phoniex at the start. But Phoniex falls of a cliff so easily in a couple of weeks i bet the meta will be gone in your shard. If you re working on somethingv else now, you might be able to pull of a coup. Try Wiggs.

TIE Fighter has 50% Dodge chance.
  • Options
    Pheonix isnt really top 200 in mine. Theres 1 at 185 right now but im about to knock itn
    out because i can beat them. But i havent beaten anyone else in awhile...against palp teams if theres a tie fighter, which their always is, i lose.
    Against palp team within the first 10 seconds i either forfeit or win...thats how annoying it is.

At one point last month i climbed to top 70...i fell back as far as 280 and now i can barely maybe get into top 200...havent been in it in a week.
    Im working on gearing pheonix for thrawn event this week...i should be able to get a 7 star thrawn..and hopefully gear him up.

At times facing tie fighter feels like 80% dodge chance. I have vaders ship so that stabilized that
  • Options
    I have biggs but dont have wedge yet. Almost have him unlocked but im trying to stay up with whats going to happen...i.e. new Han Solo event which will probably require scoundrels...so working on them...then it looks like Palpatone event will be next month too.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

It's not broken. Each time you attack without Vader's basic or Poe's special, it has a chance to dodge. Having it happen 7 times is bad RNG, but each attack has the same chance to be dodged so it can happen each time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

It's not broken. Each time you attack without Vader's basic or Poe's special, it has a chance to dodge. Having it happen 7 times is bad RNG, but each attack has the same chance to be dodged so it can happen each time.

Then its atrocious luck because i forgot to mention he dodged them all in a row...one after another...7 in a row.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    No you did mention it and I answered it. Each time has the same chance, so while it's unlikely it will happen 7 times in a row, it's not impossible. Each time has a 40-50%-ish chance (depending on the quality of the TF you're targeting) and there's no reason you can't roll that 40-50% number each time.

Attack with Vader or Poe.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Of course a perfect game doesnt exist but bringing balance to a game made about easily the most popular pop culture series of all time, is something they must always try to do but will never get entirely right.

Different strategies and bussiness models exist. In this game they don't aim to balance everything.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

You DO know, that some ships have attacks, that can't be dodged, right? ITF has no protection, which balances with its high dodge chance which is countered by unevadable attacks. It's all good.
    And ... we're back to the insufficient—knowledge—about—characters—and—their—counters part.
  • Options

You DO know, that some ships have attacks, that can't be dodged, right? ITF has no protection, which balances with its high dodge chance which is countered by unevadable attacks. It's all good.
    And ... we're back to the insufficient—knowledge—about—characters—and—their—counters part.

I mean you can assume all you want. Yes im aware of attackers that cant be evaded. Get off your high horse.
    7 in a row is crazy and it cost me that particular match.
    Get off my thread with your high horse.

Im saying 7 in a row is ridiculous.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Until you chart your data over a large enough sample size, it's not at all ridiculous.
  • Options

I mean you can assume all you want. Yes im aware of attackers that cant be evaded. Get off your high horse.

Using the power of MATH, i have calculated hopefully correctly that the chance of a 50% trigger triggering 7 times in a row is 0.7%, so it should occur in 1 every 1400 players. Not that big of a step qhen you think about it
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Using the power of MATH, i have calculated hopefully correctly that the chance of a 50% trigger triggering 7 times in a row is 0.7%, so it should occur in 1 every 1400 players. Not that big of a step qhen you think about it

That's better odds than opening 330 shards from a pack!
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

That's better odds than opening 330 shards from a pack!

Lol this is so true. Those things are rip offs.