Explain Chex Mex please, someone, anyone...

Prev1
Title says it all...

Replies

• Options
    What's to explain? 4 attackers, deathmark and stand alone with han
  • Options
    It goes better with a beer
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Stand alone buffs your RHan with 100% offense for each attacker. So 4 other attackers = 400% offense buff. Pao gives Offense up. RHan uses his crit damage buff.

Nasty nasty nasty things happen.
  • Options
    That tells me nothing... except Han. Which of the 4? What 4 attackers and how can Han stand alone if he has 4 attackers with him?

I do believe I need a beer lol
  • Options
    McMole probably explained it in his vidya as well or better than anybody is going to do here.
  • Options
    Thank you VonZant
  • Options
    5 seconds into youtube. You're welcome OP
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q53Qgxgs09w
  • Options
    And how did this get dubbed "chex mex"?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    And how did this get dubbed "chex mex"?

I think the first iteration used Chirrut and Rex (= Ch-ex)
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Commander Luke lead
    Chirrut
    Raid han (zeta)
    Pao
    Deathtrooper
    Kill any one of the sabers, ensure Chirrut gets tenacity up on Han and Traya isolates someone but Han. Use Pao's special to give offense up. Apply deathmark on Traya, use "Stand Alone" on Han, 4 attack's give 100% offense each to Han, Luke lead gives another 15% and raises his counter chance to. 85%, tenacity up makes sure he doesn't get dazed, and deathmark ensures more damage and that any counter hits Traya, after stand alone where's off topple her and get as much last minute damage as possible as the team won't last long against her
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Double comment my bad
  • Options
    Just get ready for lots and lots and lots of tries.... Many in my guild do 50-100 runs before it the setup is right. That isn't explained well in the video.

You need:
    1. A run with a sword with crit damage buff (you oftentimes get runs with none of these)
    2. Han has to crit that sword with his initial attack
    3. When the swords attack, Han cannot be hit, or at least not debuffed (at all)
    4. When the swords attack, Chirrut cannot be ability blocked
    5. When the swords attack, if they stagger someone (other than Han, see #3), that person cannot be hit by a different sword afterwards.
    6. After the swords attack, CLS has to crit the sword that was damaged (it needs to be dead for deathmark to work)
    7. When Traya goes, she cannot isolate Han

So if all of this happens, THEN you get to try the final run. And in the final run, Han dodges all the time. So if he dodges any number of times, time to start over.

I've had guild members spend over 2 hours on this and still end up with a subpar run.

It is by far the worst time I have ever had in this game in the past 2.5 years.
  • Options
    That's kinda what I was thinking. Seems like a lot of **** just to get some extra damage. There's got to be a better way...
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    That's kinda what I was thinking. Seems like a lot of **** just to get some extra damage. There's got to be a better way...

This. Seems too annoying. I will restart at most twice on a run. 50 times just seems silly.
  • Options
    People do this because this team exists for many players . Pao can be replaced by any attacker but preferably those that can give offense buffs.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

This. Seems too annoying. I will restart at most twice on a run. 50 times just seems silly.

I don't think it would really take 50 times to get it to work, but the point of this team is to just put up a good % before traya wipes out your team
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I have tried 30+ times and given up, settling for a lesser amount of damage. It’s funny how someone will try 40-50 setups and then finally get one to work, and then post a video on YouTube saying, “Look what I can do!” They don’t show a video of the hour of work leading up to it, lol.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    it's like tex-mex-chex, but minus the mex
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I have tried 30+ times and given up, settling for a lesser amount of damage. It’s funny how someone will try 40-50 setups and then finally get one to work, and then post a video on YouTube saying, “Look what I can do!” They don’t show a video of the hour of work leading up to it, lol.

This was exactly my experience with the setup as well. The guy in the video did make casual mention of how it took him more than a few tries to get it right. I'm not wholly convinced this is a viable strategy given the amount of proper setup required and the fact that a lot of people playing this game have admitted they aren't exactly "gamers" or otherwise equipped to go through this kind of very specific setup to achieve the damage.
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    Options
    Run chirrut with 272 speed to go before the swords and it's pretty easy.
  • Options
    I use QGJ to get that offense up when he removes the buff from one of the sabers. works ok as long as they aren't all crit damage buffs and then the sabers attack and lose the buff
  • Options
    @InsaneTigerCrane
    FYI, it’s called “Chex Mix”....after the snack by the same name...

....not mex.
  • Options
    I see... that's the name I seen it called when I got curious about it. "Chex mix" makes more sense now that I know more about it. Chirrut + Rex + a "mix" of others. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not wholly convinced this is a viable strategy given the amount of proper setup required and the fact that a lot of people playing this game have admitted they aren't exactly "gamers" or otherwise equipped to go through this kind of very specific setup to achieve the damage.

Definitely not for everyone. But then again, getting Traya shards isn't for everyone either.
  • Options
    I use QGJ to get that offense up when he removes the buff from one of the sabers. works ok as long as they aren't all crit damage buffs and then the sabers attack and lose the buff

Sadly QGJ is a support type so he doesn't give +100% attack to Han
  • Eddieb0108
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Im with Pseudot on this 1, it all comes down to how badly u want those Traya shards, but it is worth the extra time to get Traya. Also, I definitely wouldn't restart 50 times, or even 25, ever time i try the team, in any tier besides heroic. I would do just enough to get myself accustomed to the strategy, this way, when it is heroic, hopefully I won't have to restart that many times.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Lots, lots, and lots of restarts.
  • Options
    Chex Mix is the worst.

I would like to see a real team gain popularity in P3.
  • Options
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    Chex Mix is the worst.

Truth
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    I can usually get it done in about 5 rounds.. The problem is that my t
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    Chex Mix is the worst.

That is kinda the point of chex mix. None of these characters are really needed on other stages, so you dont lose anything by using them on p3.
    Ns, empire etc also works, but thrn again, you will greatly miss then on other phases.