What is a good strategy for balancing farming gear and farming shards?

With limited resources or for a f2p newbie

Replies

• Options
    I would do half and half in the beginning. Once you get ur guys to purple gear focus more on shards. That's what I did idk if it's the best method
  • Jaeger
    47 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Only farm gear. It's better to have one good toon than 2 meh toons.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Seems from what I have read and seen the gear upgrades seem to have a huge impact.

I geared up till I hit the needing 20-50 of something then focused on shards. This will normally get you at a good gear level
  • Options
    Get your 5 hard missions then focus on gear. Hard shards do not dramatically increase the rate you get charactors. Pick 1 charactor each from cantina nodes, arena, Galaxy wars, and cantina shipments and focus on those four until at least 5 and probably 7 stars.

Focus energy on gear and refresh twice for regular and once for cantina. You need to finish top 50 in arena to support this for free.
  • Options
    :) ty all very helpful info
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Get your 5 hard missions then focus on gear. Hard shards do not dramatically increase the rate you get charactors. Pick 1 charactor each from cantina nodes, arena, Galaxy wars, and cantina shipments and focus on those four until at least 5 and probably 7 stars.

Focus energy on gear and refresh twice for regular and once for cantina. You need to finish top 50 in arena to support this for free.

No you don't. Before the 21 day scrip came back I was treading water using these exact same refreshes each day and rarely finished inside the top 100.

I do half and half. I do my shards at midnight and then gear at noon, one refills each unless I have a subscription then its two at noon and spend the 45 timed bonuses on moar gear.