Just got Thrawn! Who to swap?

jroos100
34 posts Member
edited April 2018
Heya ya'll,

So I just unlocked Thrawn at 5*. Not sure if I could get him to 6*/7* so the question is for a 5* Thrawn.

Currently I run an Empire team in arena:
EP (6* (L))
Vader (5*)
Tarkin (7*)
TFP (7*)
KRU (7*)

I used Stormtrooper before but KRU is so much better as a tank.

My question:

Who should I swap in my team, and why?

EDIT: I am level 78 so I do not have access to zeta's yet.

Replies

• Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Until you get the zeta, Vader. He doesn't help the team as much before you can get TM from his culling blade.
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    Until you get the zeta, Vader. He doesn't help the team as much before you can get TM from his culling blade.

Thanks for the input!
    And who'd you suggest I swap if I get my zeta?

• Options
    KRU. You don't have to have a taunter under zEP (I run EP Vader Thrawn DT Krennic, and I don't fall from the top 20 in a Dec 15 shard), and as a FO toon, he doesn't bring as much to the table
  • Options
    Get rid of KRU - definitely.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Tfp. Get thrawn fast. Vader likely to go first, tm for everyone under ep lead, then fracture their main threat & stun with ep. Possibly swap tm with tarkin instead of fracture then get off both his specials to debuff and reduce tm.

Shore worth investing in, as best empire tank.
  • Options
    I would get rid of tarkin personally. His debuff is very useful but you need a solid tank to survive in arena. KRU is a great standalone tank especially with tenacity down on basic and a 2 turn stun. Plus he has high health recovery. Lastly, if you swap tarkin out, you retain vader's good speed and he can give your TFP an early boost to damage and survivability.
  • Options
    My suggestion changes depending on how fast your TFP is. If he is consistently going 1st or 2nd (after your Vader), then you should swap out Tarkin. If he isn't, then take out TFP.

Vader and EP obviously have to stay, and I'd say having KRU will be important until you start to get to the later gear tiers and start getting Zetas.
  • Options
    KRU. When it comes to leader abilities, try to use as many people as can benefit from it. Also, Vader get 32 speed from being with a EP lead. That ability block is a key part of my "death by a thousand cuts" strategy that made me beat arena teams up to 10K more in power before they reworked it, and sometimes even still.
  • Options
    With that team, the Emperor and Vader are required. As to which of the other 3 to replace, it depends on your circumstances. Vader not going first enough? Replace Kylo. TIE Fighter Pilot dying before he can do damage? Replace TFP. Everything going okay? Replace Tarkin.
  • Options
    jroos100 wrote: »
    Heya ya'll,

So I just unlocked Thrawn at 5*. Not sure if I could get him to 6*/7* so the question is for a 5* Thrawn.

Currently I run an Empire team in arena:
    EP (6* (L))
    Vader (5*)
    Tarkin (7*)
    TFP (7*)
    KRU (7*)

I used Stormtrooper before but KRU is so much better as a tank.

My question:

Who should I swap in my team, and why?

EDIT: I am level 78 so I do not have access to zeta's yet.

ofc KRU
  • Options
    I got thrawn in November and he's good with the following
    Thrawn(lead)
    emperor
    vader
    Krennic
    death trooper
  • Options
    KRU. Vader is still a monster even without a zeta. I used this same team with Tarkin instead of TFP and Storm back in.

Assuming speed is decent, I would cherry pick most rebel and FO teams with this:

Vader goes. Aoe+Culling Blade
    Thrawn fractures the most dangerous foe
    Tarkin throws on dots and tm down
    Storm taunts and in case your opponent has decent speed, he is the punching bag.
    EP stuns whoever.
    Repeat
    Everyone dead

Now Ive thrown CLS in instead of Storm and am holding pretty well. Keep creeping higher as I gear more.